Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:52 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If Ron Paul were president, we'd be reduced to bartering berries for firewood.
I never heard anything remotely resembling a barter system proposed by RP. I heard people getting paid in real money.

Quote:
And he'd be peeing his pants -- seeing as how he provides no proposal but just criticizes the grown-ups who actually have to take responsibility for things.
Funny...he's been taking responsibility in the House for decades and most assuredly has a higher approval rating of the president and congress as a whole combined. Don't hate just because you have 5% of RP's economic knowledge.

Quote:
Paul didn't even have the balls to actually run for President after engaging in a year-long ego massage. How come? What -- is Bob Barr channeling Dr. Paul?

Talk is cheap. Action takes courage.
It's too bad people didn't listen to your wise words months ago when we debated about the economy. The consensus, I believe, boiled down to "let's just feel good" about the economy and all will be well. It took me a while to parse the passage because I don't speak liberal.

I remember he spoke many many many many times to Bernanke and other lawmakers on television to STOP PRINTING MONEY!!! If you stopped listening to 9/11 conspiracy nuts and turned off news-atainment channels for once, you'd actually notice.

Comrade Commissars in the 20's had lots of courage. Do I really want their replicas currently in the executive branch with "courage" running the show?

Oh, btw...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

214 posts, read 288,168 times
80% discount on all toxic debt! Deal or no deal.
Let the Wall Street punks
get a real job!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,350,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
You told me nothing, aside from how turrible turrible things have been since we stopped trading gold dust for fatback.

And your buddy ran and hid from the nomination of his own little made-up party and handed it to Bob Mustache.

How come?

Gutless, I'm guessing.

P.S. Buy energy stocks.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
You told me nothing, aside from how turrible turrible things have been since we stopped trading gold dust for fatback.

And your buddy ran and hid from the nomination of his own little made-up party and handed it to Bob Mustache.

How come?

Gutless, I'm guessing.

P.S. Buy energy stocks.
I told you that economic calamity was imminent and you scoffed/laughed and offered me a lecture on CON-fidence being the basis for a sound economy. There is no avoiding devastation now, bailout or not. We can take it hard now, or take it harder with a bailotu. Courage is irrelevant at this point, at least the kind of courage snake oil salesmen in Washington are selling us. Pay us $700B or we become cannibals living in caves...please.

But you're right...things are not "turrible turrible". As Paulson said recently, "subprime is contained" and "we have financial markets that are the envy of the world"

Again, I never advocated a pure bartering system. I advocated sound conservative economic principles. It's not my fault if you wish to revert to a 5-year old and make childish analogies to bartering stagecoaches and walrus blubber.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM

564 posts, read 893,259 times
Beranke blew off Paul’s comments and told him that the Federal Reserve Act gave him the authority

I cannot believe this line? Who in the hell does this guy think he is? He is just a chairman of The privately owned federal reserve.

If congress doesn't act the fed may stop issuing credit? A threat to the most powerful legislative gov in the world?

We need the bill now, don't think, just do it, and don't forget section 8 of the bill: "Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

Give us 700+Billion, no oversight, no peeking, no consequences! Give it now! Don't think! or else the economy is gonna crash and this worthless paper we put on you in 1913 is gonna turn back too, well, worthless paper.

These _______ duped our forefathers in 1913 with the creation of the "privately owned" federal reserve. Now look at the mess were in. Worthless fiat money. What happens to fiat money all through history? It becomes WORTHLESS.

If congress passes this "bailout", what if all the foreign investment that actually "props up" our green ink paper withdrawals? COLLAPSE!

TREASON against the American people! Get the ropes out and fire all of congress who votes yes to this nonsense.

If only the two party idiots would have voted for Dr. Ron Paul. Someone who actually understands the evil federal reserve, and the even more evil people behind it. They can't hide no more, they're out in the open. God may have mercy, but revenge is for the people. Long live the constitution, and hang all the traitors...

Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,350,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I told you that economic calamity was imminent and you scoffed/laughed and offered me a lecture on CON-fidence being the basis for a sound economy. There is no avoiding devastation now, bailout or not. We can take it hard now, or take it harder with a bailotu. Courage is irrelevant at this point, at least the kind of courage snake oil salesmen in Washington are selling us. Pay us $700B or we become cannibals living in caves...please.
Perhaps the sky IS falling. But I bet you're doing okay, though. So am I. So are lots of folks. Confidence IS the basis. I don't lack it., Neither, I suspect, do you. Nor, in his heart of hearts, does Dr. Paul.

Quote:
But you're right...things are not "turrible turrible". As Paulson said recently...."we have financial markets that are the envy of the world"
We do. Otherwise, the rest of the world wouldn't rise and fall with our markets. Or haven;t you been watching?

Quote:
Again, I never advocated a pure bartering system. I advocated sound conservative economic principles. It's not my fault if you wish to revert to a 5-year old and make childish analogies to bartering stagecoaches and walrus blubber.
I was exaggerating for effect. No whale blubber from me. LOL. "Sound conservative economic principles" are what the majority of people observe every day of their lives. Governments never have -- and never will.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 PM

214 posts, read 288,168 times
Dump the Fed.! Bring back the Greenback!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Perhaps the sky IS falling. But I bet you're doing okay, though. So am I. So are lots of folks. Confidence IS the basis. I don't lack it., Neither, I suspect, do you. Nor, in his heart of hearts, does Dr. Paul.
Yeah, the sky IS falling. That's why I reserve the right to say "I told you so" as many times as I wish without repute.

Confidence is no basis. Nope. Sorry. Maybe for big gubmint interventionist Keynesians. Production and savings creates its own confidence. Being confident going into a firefight with a .22 cal isn't confidence. At best, it's a facade. At worst, it's ignorance, stupidity and probably a good clue the individual/entity has suicidal tendencies.

People like Paul, Schiff, Rogers, Ludwig Von Mises, and BJ Lawson endorse Austrian economics and you better get used to it, because it might be here sooner than you think once this less than 40 year fiat currency fad blows over.

Quote:
We do. Otherwise, the rest of the world wouldn't rise and fall with our markets. Or haven;t you been watching?
Market and economy are two different entities, each having their own decoupling phases.

The economies have already decoupled to some extent. The Chinese have new trading partners and are less reliant on our consumers.

The Chinese are loaded up with productivity. The Australia/NZ/Canada have massive natural resources. Europe has problems like us (especially the UK), but they are less energy reliant and have a more solid infrastructure not requiring large volumes of oil to run.

Quote:
I was exaggerating for effect. No whale blubber from me. LOL. "Sound conservative economic principles" are what the majority of people observe every day of their lives. Governments never have -- and never will.
Subjective argument on the majority of people. The staunchest "conservatives" I know make well into the six figures yet have the audacity to steal from taxpayers by getting food stamps for their daughter who got pregnant as a teen. No, sorry, I'm not speaking of Palin's family.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,582,374 times
Quote:
If Ron Paul were president, we'd be reduced to bartering berries for firewood.

And he'd be peeing his pants -- seeing as how he provides no proposal but just criticizes the grown-ups who actually have to take responsibility for things.

Paul didn't even have the balls to actually run for President after engaging in a year-long ego massage. How come? What -- is Bob Barr channeling Dr. Paul?

Talk is cheap. Action takes courage.

All Paul has ever done is run a joke campaign for President. In 1880.
And what would be so WRONG with Bartering , in case you haven't noticed there are a lot of us doing it right now , and the sad part in is that It's WORKING. When you don't have paper money there are other ways to stay alive.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
And what would be so WRONG with Bartering , in case you haven't noticed there are a lot of us doing it right now , and the sad part in is that It's WORKING. When you don't have paper money there are other ways to stay alive.
All good libs know that bartering is evil, unpatriotic, and characteristic of neanderthals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies