Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,906 times

Advertisements

The Big Kahuna, The Decider, Dubya - will be addressing the nation tonight - trying to scare us into pressuring our representatives to pass the infamous 'Mother of all Bailouts' as quickly as possible - before anyone has a chance to analyze it and see how pathetic it truly is....

Is anyone out there stupid enough to care what this jerk says???

I mean, give me a break - this idiot's policies over the past 8 years brought us to this financial meltdown!!!

This sounds like another attempt to scare America into reckless action.

Anybody remember the lies and scare stories to justify the invasion of Iraq?

Anybody remember the need to immediately pass the Patriot Act?

Anbody remember the need to quickly approve warrentless wire taps?

Anybody going to take this moron's speach seriously tonight???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times
Nope, and I won't be watching either, can't stand the sight of him. Nothing he will say will convince me to support this bail out.
Let the "free market" do it's thing.... why prolong the agony?
Why are we socializing the losses, when the gains are not up for grabs?

forum rules, please read them

Old 09-24-2008, 04:09 PM

71 posts, read 208,373 times
Give me a break. He's going to call on us to support his administration's half-a$$ed effort to solve a problem it created after not responding to us for at least the majority of his second term about anything. Good luck, W. This plan's as bad as going for those WMDs was, and he knows it.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
I'm thankful because every time the guy speaks his approval numbers and his fellow GOP rubberstampers go down.

Let him talk all he wants about how grave the crisis is. He and his appointed financial leaders created it, the American people know that.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 PM

100 posts, read 190,513 times
Its kinda hard to sit threw one of his speeches.
Its like listening to a three year count to ten.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:18 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times
At this point, Bush has absolutely zero credibility - he is completely irrelevant.

I do agree that the more he tries to 'scare' us into quickly adopting this ill-conceived Wall Street bailout, the more he turns people against the idea...

People aren't stupid - they remember the numerous times he scared them into bad decisions before.

HubbleRules

Old 09-24-2008, 04:22 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVaccaro35 View Post
Give me a break. He's going to call on us to support his administration's half-a$$ed effort to solve a problem it created after not responding to us for at least the majority of his second term about anything. Good luck, W. This plan's as bad as going for those WMDs was, and he knows it.

amen.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
I'd only listen if he was resigning and taking Dick with him.

Then I'd open the champagne

Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
At this point, Bush has absolutely zero credibility - he is completely irrelevant.

I do agree that the more he tries to 'scare' us into quickly adopting this ill-conceived Wall Street bailout, the more he turns people against the idea...

People aren't stupid - they remember the numerous times he scared them into bad decisions before.

HubbleRules
His speech can only help Barack Obama, that's about the only reason I'm all for him taking time out my shows to "speak" to us.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Bush is a very poor communicator, but he is hardly to blame for human greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies