Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,158,279 times

Advertisements

China banks told to halt lending to US banks-SCMP | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

Quote:
BEIJING, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Chinese regulators have told domestic banks to stop interbank lending to U.S. financial institutions to prevent possible losses during the financial crisis, the South China Morning Post reported on Thursday.
Well, that's it. If we pass this bailout bill, it will be monetized as debt. There is no way we can raise taxes enough to cover this amount. The Federal Reserve will just print more money and inflation will destroy what's left of the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
well its an unpleasant job but somebody had to do it.
my government has been acting like joan rivers at the mall for some time.
obama 08

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Chigga chigga, check this out:

Citizens Against Government Waste: Commentary

Find your Senators and Representative to find out how much you're personally responsible for the spending!

(If you don't know who they are, check U.S. Senate for your Senators and United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session or your Representative. Search functions are at the top.)

Old 09-25-2008, 12:18 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Chigga chigga, check this out:

Citizens Against Government Waste: Commentary

Find your Senators and Representative to find out how much you're personally responsible for the spending!

(If you don't know who they are, check U.S. Senate for your Senators and United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session or your Representative. Search functions are at the top.)
stupendous. it just keeps getting better. i hadn't seen that site before; thanks for the link.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:03 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Again, rumors! People, do not add fuel to the fire and panic, do not believe any internet rumors until you see hard factual proof and do not make a run on banks, your money is fine!

China denies telling banks not to lend to US banks | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Default It's called Carternomics or Stagfation.

It's called Carternomics or Stagflation and if your too young to remember it, it sucks!!! Tax and spend drives it, and the stage is set for Obama to preside over Carter's second term complete with a "misery index". There was a good reason Carter-Mondale carried only thier home states in 1980.

Have fun kids!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The Chinese are pulling our credit card? About time because we have not had a realistic way to pay them back for at least a decade or more. If I were the Chinese I would be demanding some form of actual value, instead of promises, like metals (copper, iron, etc), land (US National Forests) or industrial facilities in trade for the debt.

I would prefer that the Democrats, led by Obama, win this election on the general principal that they are not Republicans. On the other hand I would like the crash to happen on the Republican watch so we will be rid of them forever.

I am set against this piecemeal bailout because it only protects the few at the top of the heap while, one way or another, the rest of us will pay for the collapse. I prefer a sharp collapse that takes everybody down at the same time (including the Chinese and Middle Eastern economies). I have no desire to save the really wealthy from their folly.

If this collapse spreads world wide, as I expect it will, I’ll predict that only the northern Europeans with their socialized economic buffers will survive intact. They have enough wealth creating agriculture and industry, when combined with Russian oil and mineral resources, to create their own isolated and successful economy.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:56 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
$10 billion / month on an un-needed Iraq war. We still have 2 yrs to go - yrs done. Cost for 9 years is a grand total of about $1 trillion, give or take. Now Bush wants $700 billion. SHOCK AND AWE is upon us from the warmongers!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
It's time Americans quit living on their credit cards to begin with. Over spending above a person's budget is what got us in this mess to begin with. The theory of SAVING for what you want and paying for it in full when you purchase it is a lost art....and lost common sense.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It's time Americans quit living on their credit cards to begin with. Over spending above a person's budget is what got us in this mess to begin with. The theory of SAVING for what you want and paying for it in full when you purchase it is a lost art....and lost common sense.
Thankyou! This is in part America's fault as much as it is Wall Street's and Washington's. This is what we get for living beyond our means for decades now. The British government just admitted it to their people yesterday, or the day before I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies