Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Laugh it up while things are good, but you will learn soon that the wrath of the living God is no laughing matter, at all. America has its day of reckoning coming for the sins of the past 40 years. Soon you will be wondering where your next meal will come from, and many people who mock God and scorn Christians now will have a change of heart.

He considers adultery sin and he hates it, but he never wiped out any civilizations over adultery alone. God has standards He requires us humans live by. I assure you, God is FAR more disgusted by anal sodomy than I am. He considers it an abomination, which means it makes Him vomit. If God allows America to continue to prosper while drifting down this path, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah, ancient Greece, Rome, and even ancient Israel.
*cough* he flooded the world *cough*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Dont offend my religion please.
I suspect you just like blowing a whole lot of smoke. If your religion is offended that easily then it will just get offended.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Now that I have your attention I feel as if it's about time to have a non-religious-oriented discussion about as to why those in the LGBT community are still not regarded as social equals in our nation, even as science comes nearer and nearer to proving that people can't "choose" their sexual orientations. I attempted a thread similar to this one months ago along the lines of "Any Non-Religious Reasons to Disapprove of Same-Sex Marriage," but naturally the Evangelicals from the South had to bring GOD into their replies since they are apparently incapable of intelligent debate without using their religion as a crutch. As such I'd ask that if you are a right-wing conservative from the South who can NOT refrain from using the word "GOD" in your reply to please NOT post in this thread! There are already plenty of gay-bashing threads on this forum for you to pontificate for the "benefit" of "enlightening" others to "see the light."

Seriously, folks. Why other than "God wouldn't want it that way" are gays still frowned upon in society?
as you stated science is comming nearer and nearer but they haven't got there YET,. So when they do there will be some worth fighting about . Thank GOD! I can make this a short response to get my point across. AMEN.

Last edited by Fighter 1; 09-27-2008 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
I'm still waiting on JT to answer my questions!!!! No response yet!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:25 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Laugh it up while things are good, but you will learn soon that the wrath of the living God is no laughing matter, at all. America has its day of reckoning coming for the sins of the past 40 years. Soon you will be wondering where your next meal will come from, and many people who mock God and scorn Christians now will have a change of heart.

He considers adultery sin and he hates it, but he never wiped out any civilizations over adultery alone. God has standards He requires us humans live by. I assure you, God is FAR more disgusted by anal sodomy than I am. He considers it an abomination, which means it makes Him vomit. If God allows America to continue to prosper while drifting down this path, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah, ancient Greece, Rome, and even ancient Israel.
So, do you have a hotline to god, does he call you and confide in you? Have you ever thought that you could be delusional? That the ramblings that you are hearing are voices in your head and not " your god ". Christianity is not the dominant religion on this planet, why should other religions have to bow down to it. Freedom of religion is just that. No where is it written that that choice of religion is reliant upon keeping in mind that one is more right than the other ones.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
How about in Greece when sex was class based and not gender based. Homosexuality was totally normal and in fact, romance was between man and man not woman and man! Wow how the Christians screwed up sex! And I'm a Christian, but we came in and took all of the fun out of it! According to Christians, missionary is the only style deemed proper since women are used for procreation only and sex is not to be pleasurable. If people had more sex with who they liked and not who they felt like they had to do it with, maybe we wouldn't be so darn uptight!!! Let's go back to the 'free love' era of the 60's and make love not war!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I'm still waiting on JT to answer my questions!!!! No response yet!!!!
I considered it rhetorical, but here you go and mind you I will answer them truthfully and in my personal experience...

Quote:
You are straight. That is obvious from your postings and you like women. Have you always liked women? Have you always known that you have liked women?
I enjoy a woman's company though I have found most of them to be stereotypical, shallow and not on the same intellectual playing field as I am. I have been attracted to women as far as I can remember and most certainly am now.

Quote:
Did you ever like men? Have you ever been attracted to men?
No, no.

Quote:
These are the kinds of questions that you need to ask when deciding on your sexual preference. BUT, if you don't ever question yourself and your sexuality is there a reason for it? What is it?
If I am driving a car, do I really need to ask myself if I'm driving the car? No I am sure of it.

Quote:
I don't really want to know the answers to these questions...
Nice short term memory you got there.

Quote:
Especially as a young child, when most people figure out if they are straight or gay, how do you know as a young, innocent child what gender you are attracted to?
Does being attracted to girls from kindergarten say anything?

I really don't understand the point of your inquisition. But I will say this, gays are abnormal.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post

I enjoy a woman's company though I have found most of them to be stereotypical, shallow and not on the same intellectual playing field as I am.
Now THIS is hilarious & tells a lot about you

Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Now THIS is hilarious & tells a lot about you
Your right... I am picky as hell when it comes to women. And to put it back in context I said this was all from my own personal experience and that I would answer truthfully. [MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-29-2008 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Your right... I am picky as hell when it comes to women. And to put it back in context I said this was all from my own personal experience and that I would answer truthfully. [MOD CUT/personal attack]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies