Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:32 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
He says there is a problem with global warming, then people say hes wrong - I just read the ice caps are already melted.
They are not melting in Antarctica (and other places); therefore, it can't be "global warming" since it is not happening globally!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They are not melting in Antarctica (and other places); therefore, it can't be "global warming" since it is not happening globally!
Just keep your eyes closed - just like the economy crisis

The North Pole has become an island for the first time in human history as climate change has made it possible to circumnavigate the Arctic ice cap.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,521 times
Default When was that said?

Can you please give up your source with a link?

Who was the President in office in 2003 that said Fannie and Freddy needed and over-sight committee to regulate the "mortgages for everyone and everyone..." put into play under CLINTON's administration?

This is the problem...too many people in this country are clueless as to HOW LONG this problem has been brewing. Easy to blame the admin in office if you aren't aware of the facts. Shameful for congress members who KNOW the truth to be twisting/spinning/completely ignoring the facts and lying with straight faces to the public.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Well the entire congress has said they didn't know. The democrats including Barney frank and schumer stopped a attempt at over site of Fannie Mae and mac in 1985, Frank even said that if their were problems the the feds could bail them out.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Can you please give up your source with a link?

Who was the President in office in 2003 that said Fannie and Freddy needed and over-sight committee to regulate the "mortgages for everyone and everyone..." put into play under CLINTON's administration?

This is the problem...too many people in this country are clueless as to HOW LONG this problem has been brewing. Easy to blame the admin in office if you aren't aware of the facts. Shameful for congress members who KNOW the truth to be twisting/spinning/completely ignoring the facts and lying with straight faces to the public.
I hear people blaming Clinton, but I dont remember any Fannie or Bear Stern bailout back then he even left a huge surplus, which Bush gave to the rich.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,521 times
Quote:
I hear people blaming Clinton, but I dont remember any Fannie or Bear Stern bailout back then he even left a huge surplus, which Bush gave to the rich.
There was no bailout b/c the giving away had just commenced...

When you cut the defense budget, you're bound to come up with a surplus.

Gave to the rich...ok. Not that I thought it was a good idea by ANY means, but it was based on what you paid in. You don't pay in, you don't get back. You pay in a little, you get back a little. You pay in a lot, you get back even more.

Why should such a small percentage of this country carry the rest?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyg View Post
there was no bailout b/c the giving away had just commenced...

When you cut the defense budget, you're bound to come up with a surplus.

Gave to the rich...ok. Not that i thought it was a good idea by any means, but it was based on what you paid in. You don't pay in, you don't get back. You pay in a little, you get back a little. You pay in a lot, you get back even more.

Why should such a small percentage of this country carry the rest?
they sure as hell aint carrying me

Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
Bush said that he didnt know we had a problem, and found out because an 'expert' told him-this stupid guy has been president of our country for the last 7 years - why?
Perhaps you are pointing the stupid finger in the wrong direction. making up garbage doesn't make it so. Only a lowly democrat would do such a thing, and you accomplished nothing with your wild accusations. I suggest you find a hobby in an area where you might have a clue...
Politics are way over your head...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
You could have had Borat in there and it would have been an improvement
I know the demos hate it, but GWB and crew have done a great job. When Sarah and John take office, your life will be even better...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No, he was selected.
Bush has been a squatter in the White House.
He illegally occupied Iraq and he illegally occupies the oval office.

yada yada yada,,, get a clue..! Your losers lost for a reason, we got the good guy... go cry yourself to sleep...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.