Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
No, I'm embarrassed to live in CA, a Democrat state that is being run into the ground .
I am not embarrassed any more to say I live in CA but proud to say I had the courage to leave.

It is real sad though to see my family and friends suffering at the hands of the out of control Democrats and their friend Arnold. The ex-Governor Gray Davis must be laughing his fanny off..

Old 01-03-2009, 01:36 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
No, I'm embarrassed to live in CA, a Democrat state that is being run into the ground .
... as are many other predominantly Democratic states.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I am not embarrassed any more to say I live in CA but proud to say I had the courage to leave.

It is real sad though to see my family and friends suffering at the hands of the out of control Democrats and their friend Arnold. The ex-Governor Gray Davis must be laughing his fanny off..
Is Schwarzenegger (sp?) really that bad with spending? I heard that he made attempts to cut spending, but the people and state legislature strongly opposed. In certain situations, your hand are tied.

There are some RINOs (Republican In Name Only) out there in the coasts. Definitely not too conservative; Obama, Reid and Pelosi are going to be targeting them to get their stuff through

Old 01-03-2009, 02:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Is Schwarzenegger (sp?) really that bad with spending? I heard that he made attempts to cut spending, but the people and state legislature strongly opposed. In certain situations, your hand are tied.

There are some RINOs (Republican In Name Only) out there in the coasts. Definitely not too conservative; Obama, Reid and Pelosi are going to be targeting them to get their stuff through
I don't know that he is so bad but he is not a Republican in anyway, shape or form. With Republicans today being what they are, that might not be so bad, but he has done horrible as Governor. Finding a true Republican today is a difficult thing to do. It is as difficult as finding a state, county, town, etc. that is prospering. That can be attributed directly to the lack of Republican ideals and fiscal responsibility. Just my opinion.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
There are, but the numbers are getting smaller every day. Soon there will be only sheep.
Bah-h-h-h-h!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM

51 posts, read 70,425 times
Default Popularity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post

McClintock was the better governor /manager..Schwarzenegger won by popularity.

What really happened in this election? was it all about a weird contest of parties?
So much so that ethical standards and the rules got thrown completely out the window?

YouTube - Obama Vs. Constitution (60 Sec. TV Ad)

Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
I feel embarassed that Democrats think that freedom is free.

I feel embarassed that Democrats in this country share a mantra of "What's government going to do for ME". Rather than what can I do for my country.

Do I feel embarassed that I live in a Red state ... and that I'm not as cool as homosexuals in New York? No, I live in a Blue state. The question supposes that I cling to my guns and religion in times of need. Irrational by Democratic elite standards.

I'm embarassed by the fact that my state votes for Democrats because the Unions here make them do so. The Unions are in bed with the redistributors. Ya know who doens't need anymore money?

Unions.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
Before you start doing this read first!

I’m curious to know- what is the atmosphere in states that usually go republican right now. Die hard republicans I know have come to grips with the fact that their party is basically a pathetic joke right now. They understand BUSH is not only the dumbest but the worst president in U.S. history and the new guy (or old guy) McCain is one heartbeat from biting the big one which will leave his unbelievable air-head side show joke of a VP to run the United States of America. (Scary thought – I know) “It must really be embarrassing to even insinuate you are a republican at this point I would think”.

I’m not looking to debate anyone (there is way too many ignoramuses’ on CD that will take this thread into left field for that) I’m just more so curious to know - is there anyone really with a sane mind or an above average IQ that would still vote republican after all that has taken place in our country, or are republicans in your neck of the woods starting to get the picture? Maybe you make over $250,000 a year and voting republican makes since for you even if it destroys the rest of your country.

Yes I’m voting for OBAMA and not just for the sake of change. I’ll put it to you like this I’ll take OBAMA the Harvard law review president and graduate with Einstein brains who defeated the heir apparent and fierce competitor in Hillary Clinton who is also very bright rather than 4 more years of an idiot who picks a VP that says her foreign policy expertise stems from the fact "she can see Russia from her back yard".

To add some humor to the conversation check out these hilarious parody videos of Sarah Palin, George Bush and John McCain. I love a good laugh so I thought I’d share.

Georg Bush Impersonation

YouTube - Saturday Night - Georg Bush Impersonation

SNL Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
Saturday Night Live - Couric / Palin Open - Video - NBC.com

CNN on Sarah Palin

YouTube - CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview

David Letterman reacts to John McCain suspending campaign

YouTube - David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

Letterman night 2

YouTube - Letterman-McCain, night two cutup

The real interview - Katie Couric with Sarah Palin
One-On-One With Sarah Palin, CBS Evening News Anchor Katie Couric Interviews Alaska's Governor On The Ailing Economy - CBS News

OBOMA / BIDEN 08
This clip is very deep!

YouTube - Bad News
Dumbest thread currently running.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
I'm not embarrassed at all. I'm proud that my state is (generally) Republican. I AM embarrassed that the particular area I live in is largely DEMOCRAT. That's because we have a large population of Union people (Mills, most of which are now closed, Lordstown (GM plant), etc.) These people are pretty ignorant, and usually vote Democrat.

It's a shame that the Republicans right now are in such a mess, largely because they let the RINO types take over the Party. The current crop of Republicans in the House and Senate might as well be Democrats. McCain included.

When real conservatives once again gain control of the Party, they will again start winning elections.

The Democrats (liberals) are destroying the country, and the RINO Republicans are helping them.

The mortgage mess, resulting in the current recession, is the making of the Democrat party (starting with Jimmy Carter and the CRA and expanded by Clinton). Yet the ignorant voters kept them in power; not only kept them in power, they expanded their numbers!

Ignorance is our worst enemy. I hope we can recover.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Dumbest thread currently running.
Well, look at it this way: It proves who the idiots are, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies