Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,565,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
No one, in office or running for office, has ever dealt with a situation like this. I don't think Palin is the least bit dumb .... but this thread just might qualify!
You voted for Dubya twice, didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM

172 posts, read 298,488 times
This thread is full of FAIL

Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
Obama wins hands down for being an articulate speaker. Palin should work on her speech because she is not very articulate. She should expand her vocabulary.

Palin and Obama's Accomplishments

Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama | AUDACITY OF TRUTH | Obama Lies | ObamaLies.com | OBAMA LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES (http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama/ - broken link)

Resume
http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/blog_entry/simpson316/2008/08/29/sarah_palin_s_resume_v_barack_obama_s_resume (broken link)

Old 09-30-2008, 12:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.
Palin is a retard and a lark. She belongs on Cartoon Network. McCain is better off retired. He's a racist, warmongering fool. He'd be better off hosting a weekly horror movie matinee called "Creature Features."

To solve any problem that plagues this country takes someone who knows how to solve problems and has spent a lifetime resolving every single problem he's been confronted with. That's Obama.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times
Default Palin was thrown for a loop by TV's Queen of Mean

Sarah Palin seems more intimidated than anything else. Katie Couric's whole tone and demeanor would undercut anyone's sense of confidence.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Palin dumb? She's smart - she got herself to be a VP -running mate. It could have been easily a man.
She was chosen...SHE didn't get it herself...and no man looks like SaraTodd...and THAT'S why she was chosen.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Palin will do great in this debate.....She's been waiting to share w/us her real skills.
Why is she waiting???
Bet McCain's team wishes she would hurry up

Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Sarah Palin seems more intimidated than anything else. Katie Couric's whole tone and demeanor would undercut anyone's sense of confidence.
Ya know , you betcha! If Katie Couric can have her scared shi!less think wht Putin or Kim Jung Il (sp?) could do to her. I have seen other's interviewed by Couric and they did just fine....HOW do you explain THAT????

Her stupidity can NOT be blamed on anyone else. As you REPUBLICANS like to say, people should be responsible for themselves.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 AM

194 posts, read 463,954 times
I'm surprised nobody seems to mention "gender-bating" when discussing Palin's nomination. It was clear to me as soon as she was chosen as McCain's running mate, that she was only picked to woo Hillary supporters who were less enthused about Obama. McCain was banking on the simplicity of the american public, and as it turned out he cashed in a few bucks (or points in the polls). I bet if Hillary would have gotten the democratic nomination, McCain would've sought out a minority running mate, or at least someone with a similar story to Obama, maybe a second generation hispanic guy or something. However,Palin is certainly no Hillary, and doesn't hold a candle to Biden or Obama when it comes to experience and accomplishments. Just the fact that McCain would regard the american public as being so easily swayed should be reason enough alone not to vote for him, but then again as a previous poster stated, america elected G.W. twice (depending on who you ask)

Old 09-30-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I'm surprised nobody seems to mention "gender-bating" when discussing Palin's nomination. It was clear to me as soon as she was chosen as McCain's running mate, that she was only picked to woo Hillary supporters who were less enthused about Obama. McCain was banking on the simplicity of the american public, and as it turned out he cashed in a few bucks (or points in the polls). I bet if Hillary would have gotten the democratic nomination, McCain would've sought out a minority running mate, or at least someone with a similar story to Obama, maybe a second generation hispanic guy or something. However,Palin is certainly no Hillary, and doesn't hold a candle to Biden or Obama when it comes to experience and accomplishments. Just the fact that McCain would regard the american public as being so easily swayed should be reason enough alone not to vote for him, but then again as a previous poster stated, america elected G.W. twice (depending on who you ask)
I've mentioned gender baiting, just didn't use that term.
Yes, McCain's disdain for women roared through with his pick of Palin...

he thought , "Oh, any woman would do to make women vote for her(they're all stupid)...as long as she's a looker, Hey , I gotta work with da broad!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies