Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,657,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I'm not even sure it's naiveté. To be naive is to really not know any better.
To me, it is arrogance, presumptuousness, hubris.
She really seems to think that this business of governing a nation will be a snap.
All it takes is a bit of common sense. And if there is something she does not want to hear, or doesn't understand, she won't blink--she'll just make a chirpy perky remark or perhaps remind us about God's will.
See ... I really don't think she DOES know any better. She's got a beauty queen mentality that if she looks good and looks intelligent (beehive and glasses), then she IS smart and will be perceived as smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 07:23 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,955,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
See ... I really don't think she DOES know any better. She's got a beauty queen mentality that if she looks good and looks intelligent (beehive and glasses), then she IS smart and will be perceived as smart.
I guess I take her obvious ambition and conniving Alaskan tactics as some sort of sign of intelligence, however primitive, and this is why I view her as being arrogant rather than naive.
I do agree with you about the *perception* of intelligence, though.
Ugh, it's all so disheartening and embarrassing.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,072,025 times
Folks, look at accomplishments.

How many rich engineers do you see that can't even properly talk?

And how many great debaters or speakers do you see that have little money because all they know to do is talk?

You see these types of people at work.

People equate speech to intelligence. Speech does not always equate to intelligence although in my opinion Palin has a LOT to work on because her interview skills really suck. She has prepared speech skills but her interview skills really need a huge overhaul.

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,976,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Not as dumb as dirty joe biden is.
Umm...on what basis do you make that ridiculous statement? Last I heard, Biden was able to put a sentence together. Palin is an embarrassment to herself and to the entire Republican party. (which is fine by me!)

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Palin will do great in this debate.....She's been waiting to share w/us her real skills.
LOL!!!!! OH my GOD! Wait wait, so she was just trying to "fool" us all into THINKING she's a moron in the Gibson and Couric interviews? She's been saving it all up for the debate so she can really WOW people? Is that why McCain advisors have her in "debate camp" in these last few days - because she's really ready? The best she can do is not humiliate herself.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show.
OBAMA is full of hot air? Pot, meet kettle.

And just curious, why do you inject "black" into your analysis when that has nothing to do with the argument you're trying to build?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:39 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,473,617 times
Quote:

How many rich engineers do you see that can't even properly talk?

And how many great debaters or speakers do you see that have little money because all they know to do is talk?

You see these types of people at work.

People equate speech to intelligence. Speech does not always equate to intelligence although in my opinion Palin has a LOT to work on because her interview skills really suck. She has prepared speech skills but her interview skills really need a huge overhaul.

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show
. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?
It's obvious that you haven't seen his resume.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeto View Post
exactly....it came to him while eatin lunch at hooters
lol!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,705,729 times
Quote:

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?

...stated like a true racist!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Sarah Palin seems more intimidated than anything else. Katie Couric's whole tone and demeanor would undercut anyone's sense of confidence.
She gave a tough interview. Isn't that what journalists are supposed to do? Isn't that what any political candidate should be EXPECTING?

And I'm sorry, if someone's person sense of confidence could really be crushed by Katie Couric, then that's NOT the type of person I'd want 2nd in line to be president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies