Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 11:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Kind of have a winner here.

Almost all the abortion clinics are in Black or Latino areas.
Planned Parenthood was founded and run by a major racist who hated blacks and wanted to thin the herd.

Regarding convicts, it isn't the deterrent issue, it is the cost involved in killing them due to our outrageous legal system.
Funny, where'd you get your information?
Now I have to donate $50 to PP for a statement that is wrong, wrong, wrong.
No more than 3% of PP services are abortion related.
That's 97% in health care and educational services.
Do you know that men and children can also be treated at PP?
They provide health services (not full service) on a sliding scale.

BTW, I make my donations in the screen name of CD posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
A "cluster of cells" in the womb is human. Ultimately, you are only a cluster of cells.
So why doesn't society have a full funeral with every natural miscarriage? On some level, we know this is NOT the death of a conscious human being. It is only Religion's invention of the idea of a "soul" in order to comfort us from the scariest unknown out there (death) that has made so many people think a 2-celled zygote is "the same" as a conscious human being. In human history, only a very few societies needed additional population so desperately that they worried about miscarriages or abortions. In fact, many practiced infanticide when the tribe or group could no support the number of children being produced. Today's American obsession with abortion is merely a historical anomaly caused by religion's need to maximize their numbers (and therefore money). If the Pope really cared about human life over Church power-maximizing, he wouldn't be telling the poorest women on earth to keep breeding children that didn't have enough food or health care to survive. He'd be selling some of those priceless works of art in the Vatican to pay for food for the children he ordered, via taking advantage of women who are so desperate that they can only follow what the "authority figure" tells them.

Yes, ultimately we are only a cluster of cells. So is my dog, but he is a sentient, loving being. It is CONSCIOUSNESS that sets us apart, and animals also fall on this spectrum. Of all the sentient creatures on the planet, notice that humans value most the ones that have the closest consciousness and intelligence to us. Not too many of us have a hissy-fit when we squash a mosquito as it bites us, even though that bug is a living thing.

Ultimately, the fact that there are so many of us (FAR too many us us) devalues each of us. A mountain gorilla is close to extinction and therefore each individual is extremely valuable. Unfortunately, the 7 billion humans on the planet (so many that we are consuming all the wildlife habitat so that our path for the future is not a single animal on earth that isn't another human being) and continuing exponential growth is simply unsustainable.

We have to choose between quality of human life, and quantity of human life. Look at the way America (and world) has gotten so much worse over the past 50 years, and see what we've gotten by chasing the idea of maximizing human numbers and obsessing over potential clumps of cells that have nothing to do with us personally (other than causing huge societal costs and problems).

Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Perhaps, but the money would be very unbalanced overall... most people support schools and libraries (yay!), but how about cops vs firefighters? I'd wager the firefighters would get more, and in some places that could cause a major problem. And what about the rather banal services, or the ones people simply don't understand? Then you have the various social services, like welfare & social security, which have pretty uneven support around the board. Anyway, I think you get my point.
I understand where you are going with this but I wont comment anymore in order to keep the thread on topic.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
This is the ultimate hot topic thread... Why do Democrats support the killing of fetuses (living, breathing human beings) and yet they always raise hell about executing the most bloodthirsty murderers???

Someone please explain this paradox before the crazies come swooping down and hijack this thread...
Because they are knuckle dragging neanderthals who don't believe in science.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
......unjust legal system that supports the rich vs unformed cells supported by the religous.....
It does not matter what political beliefs that you have, just rather your faith is in the law or religion

Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
This is the ultimate hot topic thread... Why do Democrats support the killing of fetuses (living, breathing human beings) and yet they always raise hell about executing the most bloodthirsty murderers???

Someone please explain this paradox before the crazies come swooping down and hijack this thread...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fetuses do not BREATHE. They may be alive, but so IS MY PLANT.

Yeah I believe in murdering criminals BUT it is costly and sometimes we screw it up. I support a woman's right to not be FORCED by religious fanatics to carry a parasite for 9 months.

Now, once that fetus could live OUTSIDE the womb should it be delivered that moment, that is when she should not have any further right to end it's life.

But until you invent the womb incubator or a womb to womb transplant of a fetus, then you can't tell a woman she has to stay pregnant because of YOUR beliefs.

Your desires are not more important than another AMERICAN's Rights.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 PM

305 posts, read 655,198 times
Quote:
This is the ultimate hot topic thread... Why do Democrats support the killing of fetuses (living, breathing human beings)
Someone's gotta tell you, but a fetus does not breathe. It gets its oxygen supply through the umbilical cord.

So I guess I have to say the day prisoners can only be kept alive staying hooked up 24/7 to someone else's body the Democrats and probably Republicans,too, will support the killing of living and this case actually breathing human beings because it would be considered undue cruelty to let such thing happen.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
Killing fetuses is hugely beneficial to society, objectively speaking. You eliminate huge numbers of high-risk people from ever entering the population - people more likely to commit crimes and not be as productive and depend on social welfare.

Killing convicts, on the other hand, is of questionable deterrent value, ends up costing more than just locking them up for life, and costs so much money it would end up outweighing any existing deterrent value.
so liberals are just being fiscally responsible......

Old 01-29-2011, 09:14 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,512 times
Quote:
Your entire OP uses incredibly fallacious logic by making the two assumptions that all Democrats are pro-choice, and anti-capital punishment. Both assumptions are broad, sweeping generalizations that are categorically inaccurate, and therefore your original question cannot be addressed.

Fail.

Quote:
You hijacked your own thread - Your subsequent responses to other posts suggest you really just wanted to start a pro-choice bashing thread to indulge your emotional bias about a topic for which you are poorly informed.

Double Fail.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fetuses do not BREATHE. They may be alive, but so IS MY PLANT.

Yeah I believe in murdering criminals BUT it is costly and sometimes we screw it up. I support a woman's right to not be FORCED by religious fanatics to carry a parasite for 9 months.

Now, once that fetus could live OUTSIDE the womb should it be delivered that moment, that is when she should not have any further right to end it's life.

But until you invent the womb incubator or a womb to womb transplant of a fetus, then you can't tell a woman she has to stay pregnant because of YOUR beliefs.

Your desires are not more important than another AMERICAN's Rights.
I see that you don't consider a fetus as another American who could have rights if he were allowed to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies