Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I 'unsubscribed' from my Senators mailing lists today, both Republicans. Sent another email to my Congressman, also Republican telling him to vote No and that I would 'see him on the ballot'. The rest is up to him.

I'm amazed listening to this stuff on the news, Congressmen saying 'this is the worst crisis I've seen in my career' but of course, never admitting to what they've been doing during that 'career'. Obviously, not much.

From XLIGuy's thread > An Interesting Read About The Bail-Out...
I have NEVER in my life seen both Republican and Democrat so much on the same side of an issue. Perhaps this is a good thing that will bring us all together for the first thing in a long time.

We're all Americans folks. The people in Washington don't represent the interests of either Democrat or Republican; they represent big business and the lobbyists.

Please, please vote your conscious when it comes to Congress and the Senate this November.

In short vote out ANYONE that voted YES to this bill!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I agree . In Florida the Dem senator voted NO which I found interesting and the Rep Martinez voted Yes .

Some say the added money for rum co in Puerto Rico where some here have money invested got his vote.

I had expected both to vote yes but was surprised .

A conservative here. I'll vote for the Democrat that stands up and represents his/her constituents ANYTIME over a Republican that votes against his/her constituents.

Great post Luiso..

Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
Does anyone know how we can find out who all added these "extras" into the bailout? (Money for rum company, auto racing tracks, wooden arrows, etc)

Old 10-03-2008, 01:38 AM

519 posts, read 1,697,186 times
These are the only lists I've been able to find:

LiveLeak.com - Where's the pork? - 'Earmarks Added To Bail Out Bill

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/wa...hp&oref=slogin

Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
Thanks! These earmarks are ridiculous!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
You are right vote against them... That will leave only Third Party Candidates.... both Obama and McLame voted for the bail out. it's the shape of whats to come with either of the 2 parties. btw Nader was one that was against the bailout until it had time to be studied, and determined what is best for the nation.

It was a knee jerk initiated by Bush.

Huckleberry you are right about the war... it is a bad mistake and needs to be stopped. I do not think Obama really has the intent to stop it quickly... Here is my prediction he will prolong it throough a first tierm and promise to end it in a second term. He will talk about the dangers of the terrorist threat, and to pull out too fast would not be prudent... Listen to the words he actually said...

YouTube - Obama McCain and Nader Three Way Presidential Debate
adding brigades does not mean a scale down or stopping the war. " I never said troops need to be withdrawn", and more listen it is said quickly....

You are right it is time to vote agaisnt these people. but to do it you must look elsewhere Third party candidates in 2008

Old 10-04-2008, 09:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
Does anyone know how we can find out who all added these "extras" into the bailout? (Money for rum company, auto racing tracks, wooden arrows, etc)

H.R. 1424 - Amendments: A bill to provide authority for the Federal Government to purchase and insure certain... (GovTrack.us)

Here is the bill

Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
REMEMBER TO VOTE AGAINST anyone who voted FOR this bailout of the rich bankers, led by RICH Goldman Sachs banker Paulsen
Yes the karma is coming back to visit.......

Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM

Lest we forget. I recorded it on my DVR when Paulson and Bush called the press conference in 2008. Paulson looked like Satan with the dr. evil smirk. Bush looked pale, like he was going to faint.

Paulson did all the talking.
When we vote in 2012 we will ALL remember how Americans were duped on that day....What if we all joined together and vote against all who supported this, accordingly....

Old 01-18-2012, 01:47 PM

[quote=lakerat;5523727]You are right. And this is exactly why I have no faith in any of our politicians. We hear all this crap, "no more pork barrel spending", but yet, this thing started out at 700 billion a few days ago, and now, the new improved version is over 800 billion with all kinds of new BS spending.

How the hell did this bill go from 110 pages to over 400 pages of BS? These politicians see a way to suck more money out of us and they go for it, hoping that nobody will notice.

I am not happy with either party. The Republicans have been spending like drunken sailors and the democrats are just as bad.

Can somebody post who some of the knotheads are who added some of these new spendings?[/quote]

For everyone, click on xls link for spreadsheet of who voted on this

HouseVote2andMoney.xls.

An earlier version of the bailout bill did not pass Monday in the House, where those who supported it had collected 51 percent more from the financial sector than those who defeated the package, according to CRP's analysis. In the Senate on Wednesday, where a "sweetened" version passed easily, senators who supported the bailout received an average of $3,986,723 from the finance sector since 1989 -- 139 percent more than their opponents, who had received $1,671,029, on average. Even excluding the millions of dollars that senators running for president in 2008 have collected from political action committees and individuals associated with the finance, insurance and real estate sector, money from the sector was soundly on the side of the bill's supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies