Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,589 times

Advertisements

Yep, that's what I said. It's really hell on young men these days. Seems like we're turning into a country of Old Folks. Young black men...they're scary, pitch em in a jail. Young white men...they're sick. Better give em some psychoadjustment pill.

Get a grip, senior citizens of all ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,442,331 times
20% of all black men under 25 have been incarcerated
The leading cause of death for young black men,, murder
The leading cause of death for young white men,, dumb accidents.

We have a problem in our society.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post

We have a problem in our society.
No s___.

There's this lady by the name of Christina Hoff Sommers that wrote a book called "The War on Boys." I have not read it yet.

However, I have observed first hand how rabid, anti-male bigots, calling themselves "feminists", have piled into the educational establishment, with a private agenda which is every bit as hateful as that of a pack of "Nazi skinheads." People like the late Betty Friedan, Naomi Wolf, and Rita Mae Brown, true advocates for the rights of women, were drowned out. As happens so often, by an academic sheep herd.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,442,331 times
Try attending school at Cal..

Old 03-26-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Try attending school at Cal..
Ha, ha! Never did, but I used to work there. Berkeley, I mean.

Naomi Wolf went to school there, she talks about how sad it makes her that those freakazoids took over the movement for gender equality. She's from San Francisco.

Anger clouds the mind. One day, those Women's Studies types are gonna wake up and realize they got used like a handy-dandy potato peeler.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM

1,247 posts, read 927,096 times
Quote:
The leading cause of death for young black men,, murder
See the War on Drugs.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Yep, that's what I said. It's really hell on young men these days. Seems like we're turning into a country of Old Folks. Young black men...they're scary, pitch em in a jail. Young white men...they're sick. Better give em some psychoadjustment pill.

Get a grip, senior citizens of all ages.
As I said in another thread, the Boomers made a hard right turn and became more repressive and more uptight than their parents were. Few would have predicted in the 1960s that the most influential political legacy of the Baby Boom would be Neoconservatism.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
As I said in another thread, the Boomers made a hard right turn and became more repressive and more uptight than their parents were. Few would have predicted in the 1960s that the most influential political legacy of the Baby Boom would be Neoconservatism.
They started to have a little money. Heh.

One of the reasons that we have this crappy situation now is the sheer numbers of boomers now entering middle, and old, age. I call it the Demographic Blob. Just as the youth culture inspired people who should have been old enough to know better to go messing around on their wives with girls half their age, the middle age culture is now inspiring people who should be young enough to know better...with fear. Fear of disease, fear of death, the fear that snuffs out life itself. It's a situation out of balance.

It needs to be recognized and dealt with.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
They started to have a little money. Heh.

One of the reasons that we have this crappy situation now is the sheer numbers of boomers now entering middle, and old, age. I call it the Demographic Blob. Just as the youth culture inspired people who should have been old enough to know better to go messing around on their wives with girls half their age, the middle age culture is now inspiring people who should be young enough to know better...with fear. Fear of disease, fear of death, the fear that snuffs out life itself. It's a situation out of balance.

It needs to be recognized and dealt with.
I must be to old to understand this thread!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I must be to old to understand this thread!
Heh. I'm getting there.

Like...hmm. How shall I put this?

I saw some 18 year old kid in the health food store the other day. He's buying "colon cleanser."

Now, I don't know him from Adam. But I feel like yelling, KID, you're too YOUNG to be worrying about yer dern COLON, go buy some CONDOMS instead! Leave the COLON CLEANSER for old *******s like ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies