Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:23 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Honestly...is there a jury in the land that could NOT take into account OJ's past? Simple laws of human nature say no IMHO. He screwed up BIG this time and put himself back in harms way. The verdict should have come as no surprise to him. If you mess with skunks , sooner or later your gonna get sprayed.
That's why I said it was a stupid move to even stay in the states. He couldn't have a traffic violation. He should have known, it would catch up with him if he stayed because America is still angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 12:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
He had the choice of having a jury trial.
He would have done better with a judge only.
It was his choice.
He tossed the dice, he lost.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,908,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He had the choice of having a jury trial.
He would have done better with a judge only.
It was his choice.
He tossed the dice, he lost.
This begs an obvious question:

Why is Justice in the US a dice toss?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Whatever it is, it's worsened in the past 8 years.
Since the arguments on this thread have been that the jury was corrupt, and if he had a fear that they were, he could have chosen differently.

He was found guilty of criminal actions.
Simple as that.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,370,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Payback is a B*****! That's basically the rationale for the jury as far as what I have seen and heard. Don't get me wrong, I have always thought that O.J. committed the murders or knew what happened, but in this case, I don't think the jurors could reach the verdict they did without quite some reach. That reach was basically deciding in their heart that even if they were wrong, it would be okay because O.J got away with murder back in 1997. He was convicted on all 12 counts, which means possibly a life sentence. Here's betting he will get just that. He would have had to leave the country to get a fair trail. Why he chose to stay in this country with such infamy is a sign of utter arrogance, delusion, and/or stupidity.
I believe that his appeal will be premised on the fact that the all-white jury was paying him back for the criminal verdict, which to me violates his Constitutional rights. I hope his appeal is successful for this very reason. He shouldn't be spending his entire life in jail because the jury in a robbery case felt he was guilty of murdering Ron and Nicole years earlier.

The man was acquitted of the murders and should not be convicted later because the jury didn't agree with that verdict. Absolutely absurd.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,905,380 times
the man should have never been acquitted by a jury who was too stupid to understand DNA and said that they did not consider it because it was "too hard to understand". that is what is absolutely absurd, his guilt and their stupidity.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 PM

23,799 posts, read 24,078,143 times
Why are some people in this thread convinced that his past had anything to do with this verdict? Look at the facts of the case! His partners testified against him. The incident was recorded. How could he have possibly been found not guilty?

Saying that this verdict had to do with his past is absurd. Saying it was racism is itself racism. He is GUILTY of these crimes. Any honest, reasonable person could have easily determined that, and that's exactly what 12 jury members did.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
Well many said payback was why he got off with murder in the first place.In the ned I thnik there was just too much evidnce against him including the tapes of the incident. Then of course his co-conspiractors testified against him. His only defense seem to have been that it was payback,. Does mean anyhtign in disputing the evidence against him.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the man should have never been acquitted by a jury who was too stupid to understand DNA and said that they did not consider it because it was "too hard to understand". that is what is absolutely absurd, his guilt and their stupidity.
You facts are different from mine, seems the potential for blood contamination and a rogue cop is what created the reasonable doubt for those jurors whether I agreed with them or not. Anyway, this thread is not about discussing the merits of a 13 year old case that was decided on by a jury and in which O.J. was found not guilty. It's about the armed robbery case and whether the verdict was rendered by an impatial jury.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,240,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
This begs an obvious question:

Why is Justice in the US a dice toss?
Because we have a judicial system that allows us to have a jury made up of 12 peers that have personal interpretations of the evidence presented and make judgments according to their interpretations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies