Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Oh so this doesn't do the same thing?
Not even close -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not even close -
Just checking.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your comments above are rude, condesending and totally unnecessary. They border on personally attacking another poster - prohibited by the TOS of CD -
Thank you Great Day...I appreciate it but I am not worried about her view points...she wants understanding but will not extend it herself. Just selfish, like most children.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I was just reading through the posts and in the beginning of the thread you were THANKING ME for not passing judgment on people who do not want children...even said you wish more people felt like I do...then I come back to check the thread and you are attacking me.

Interesting you welcome a nonjudgmental point of view but can not extend one yourself...
Oh I can...now whether I not I choose not to...that's a totally different case.

Since the post where I thanked you, many comments have been exchanged and I'm no longer willing to be nonjudgemental. [Something about that word just seems wrong...but whatever.]

In any case, let's just all agree to disagree.
Have a good life.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Oh I can...now whether I not I choose not to...that's a totally different case.

Since the post where I thanked you, many comments have been exchanged and I'm no longer willing to be nonjudgemental. [Something about that word just seems wrong...but whatever.]

In any case, let's just all agree to disagree.
Have a good life.
So, your values are so transient that they change in a matter of 1 day? You no longer value my nonjudgmental views because SOMEONE ELSE said something you don't like??? That is ridiculous.

Do you kick your dog when you come in the door after a bad day as well?

Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
So, your values are so transient that they change in a matter of 1 day? You no longer value my nonjudgmental views because SOMEONE ELSE said something you don't like??? That is ridiculous.

Do you kick your dog when you come in the door after a bad day as well?
I value your nonjudgemental views.
I don't wish any ill will towards you or anything.
The moment I lost it is when YOU talked about my age, me getting out of pull ups, etc.
It's all good though.
Let's just agree to disagree and leave it alone.

Kick my dog? What for? He did nothing to me.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I value your nonjudgemental views.
I don't wish any ill will towards you or anything.
The moment I lost it is when YOU talked about my age, me getting out of pull ups, etc.
It's all good though.
Let's just agree to disagree and leave it alone.

Kick my dog? What for? He did nothing to me.
Please go back and look at the posts...you attacked me long before I ever came on here tonight. I never said a word to you.

I did nothing to you, that's why I asked about you kicking your innocent dog...

Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
The moment I lost it is when YOU talked about my age,
There was, and is, a tremendous lack of maturity in your posts - hence the comments regarding your age.

You will find that, over the next few years, that you will change your mind, on many subjects, many times - us "older" folks know this - for we have been through it.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Just like others have said, this is a complex topic. As far as I'm concerned, I feel that just like in the case of animals there are entirely to many children that are being brought into this world and not enough people to take care of them.

The entire way humans use to raise children use to very different a short time ago. Were Grandma and aunts and uncles took part in the hole ordeal and passed down child rearing secrets that went back for generations, people now send there children off to daycare centers with total strangers because they are too busy to raise there own child or they moved far away from family. Hell, your modern school system is there to teach your own child because YOU don't do it. I see a serious problem with this, do you? How is it that a school system knows whats best for YOUR OWN SEED (child) to learn? That's your own flesh and blood, but people send him/her off to college as if somehow the Government can do a better job!

If you ask me, I feel that our culture is highly sexualized. We use the most sacred act that two people can do with each other and use it to sell a car, or a burger and you wonder why children are having children.

I look at these high school girls going to and from school and I can not believe that there parents let them out the house?!! Some girls walk to school with the shorts so tight and short you can see the bottom of there butt cheeks. Why don't the teachers send these children home?

Anyway, life in 2008 is not the same as in 1950. Many of the people I know struggle more, work more hours, or worry more because they now have a child. Many couples work two jobs "each" to support each other and there children, but still struggle. They cant even buy a home! The Writing was on the wall a LONG time ago: There are no more blue color jobs to live a cushy middle class life and people NEED to understand that before they jump into the "I want a child" ordeal OR i want to play around with the opposite sex phase.

Lets face it, life is hard, but the hole key that is not taught in school is, DON'T MAKE LIFE HARDER ON YOURSELF! Your own worse enemy could be looking at you in the mirror each morning.

Last edited by Morphous01; 10-07-2008 at 07:23 PM..

Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I can understand what you are saying, and certainly think that any Woman or Girl that finds herself in a the position of an "unwanted pregnancy", should by all means be able to consider giving that child up for adoption with out others making her feel guilty. Having said that, I also think our society today has made the role of being a Mother, pretty insignificant and we have reduced the act of creating and giving birth to a living human being, our own flesh and blood, down to a decision of convenience! Perhaps ,those woman who absolutely dont want children, should, think about that a little more when they are about to commit the act that results in pregnancy!
Yes, and Im sure married couples are going to refrain from "committing the act that results in pregnancy".
Bull.

You're sounding rather self-righteous, dearie.
Just because you might not have done the horizontal mambo for awhile doesnt mean every other woman and her spouse are going to refrain from it.
And also, as far as a "decision of convienience", YOU try squeezing something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of a walnut and see if YOU dont want it at your convienience. You'd also see why a great many of us dont want to " give birth to a living human being, our own flesh and blood."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies