Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
be realistic when attempting to focus blame. you mean, like the OP did when he blamed all peoples problems on one person. was that realistic? I personally know someone who got a $340,000 loan while making $36,000 per year. you would be shocked at some of the loans.
I would expect the same from the OP. But I wasn't speaking to the OP.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Default Open up your mind to reality.

On December 29, 1992, al-Qaeda's first terrorist attack took place as two bombs were detonated in Aden, Yemen. The first target was the Movenpick Hotel and the second was the parking lot of the Goldmohur Hotel. The bombings were an attempt to eliminate American soldiers on their way to Somalia to take part in the international famine relief effort, Operation Restore Hope.

In 1993, Ramzi Yousef used a truck bomb to attack the World Trade CenterNew York City.

On November 13, 1995, a van containing a hundred pounds of Semtex explosive blew up near the communications center for the Saudi National Guard in downtown Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where some American military contractors and Army officers had been training the Saudi National Guard.

The U.S. embassy bombings in East Africa, resulting in upward of 300 deaths, mostly locals. A barrage of cruise missiles launched by the U.S. military in response devastated an al-Qaeda base in Khost, Afghanistan, but the network's capacity was unharmed.

Bin Laden then turned his sights towards the United States Navy. In October 2000, al-Qaeda militants in Yemen bombed the missile destroyerU.S.S. Cole in a suicide attack, killing 17 U.S. servicemen and damaging the vessel while it lay offshore.

The September 11 attacks were conducted by al-Qaeda, acting in accord with the 1998 fatwa issued against the United States and its allies by military forces under the command of bin Laden, al-Zawahiri, and others.
in [90]

Al-Qaeda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S. Thwarts 19 Terrorist Attacks Against America Since 9/11

Forecast Record - Unemployment Rate Graph

Look at the history:

GNP Growth Rate (Recent History)

Financial Forecast Center's Historical Economic and Market Data

Re-Regulating Banks? (http://www.aier.org/research/commentaries/410-re-regulating-banks - broken link)
frontline: the wall street fix: mr. weill goes to washington: the long demise of glass-steagall | PBS

Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Was it the 'lack' of leadership, or the gross incompetency of his leadership? Which of course includes appointing cabinet positions based on friendship or political debt than capabilities and competency, i.e. Rumsfled, Brown, ********, Abrams, and more.
Yes, exactly, when I say one person is to blame, I include the people he picked - total incompetents like himself, he put in key positions of power, in America, in Iraq, courts, FEMA, everywhere is his personal stamp of stupidity. He is the single most powerful man in the world, so yeah, he is to blame.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Well we got into the mess this time from many people including normal americans. In actually goes back way before bush was in office, Star wirth the democrats that want pewole that could never afford a convention loan to buy a house to have one. The republicans that turned their heads to thsi because wall street was making money. The have mnany epole buyign houses and sellign them for huge profits in just a few years and have peole that know they can't afford a home but then because of teh same gress ;make the decision that the sorse that can happenj is that they sell the house at a profit and the loan gets payed offf.In fact many peole actually used the it to get new laons for other thigns as they apyed and its value grew. When they heard or read that trhe houiosng bubble would burst some day they ignored it because they conned themselves into believign it couldn't happen.But it did and now evrybody is lookig for a scape goat including the politicans. But when you realise that congress had oversite and in fact setou Fannie Mae and Frediie Mac before Bush then you realise that many area behind the pipe drem that went bad from greed everywhere and parties involved.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
How could one man, Bush, get the entire country into such a mess?
It wasn't just one man (Bush). Millions of Republicans voted Bush into office and encouraged his misdeeds. The Republican Party rallied, cheered and encouraged Bush's cruel and erratic behavior. The Republicans who voted for Bush and waved their patriotic flags, while Bush did all of his evils was the "fuel" that kept his raging machine running. Hitler's supporters did the exact same.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It wasn't just one man (Bush). Millions of Republicans voted Bush into office and encouraged his misdeeds. The Republican Party rallied, cheered and encouraged Bush's cruel and erratic behavior. The Republicans who voted for Bush and waved their patriotic flags, while Bush did all of his evils was the "fuel" that kept his raging machine running. Hitler's supporters did the exact same.
And when I blame one man, and the people he surrounded himself with, I cant forget the idiots who voted for him, especially the 2nd time.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
And when I blame one man, and the people he surrounded himself with, I cant forget the idiots who voted for him, especially the 2nd time.
Why blame the voters? How about the idiots that managed to nominate Al Gore and Mr. Heinz to represent their party? Now that's what you call idiots.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why blame the voters? How about the idiots that managed to nominate Al Gore and Mr. Heinz to represent their party? Now that's what you call idiots.
And add Palin to the mix and you're absolutely right!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Karl rove.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

Yes, all the while Bush told them God appointed him and told him what to do. I can't believe people fall for such bunk.

Don't listen to their words, watch their actions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies