Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:15 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Where were all you guys four years ago, when he could have been kicked out of the White House? How many of you voted for him 8 years ago?
I voted for him 8 years ago. Then I realized he was a Moron that could destroy our Country and voted for Kerry with my nose held 4 years ago.

To answer the OP - dude is smart as a bag of rocks. What could you say to him that would penetrate his addled WMD obsessed mind?

At this point better to just let him crawl off quietly back to his ranch and chop wood for the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 05:26 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by: jtur88
Where were all you guys four years ago, when he could have been kicked out of the White House? How many of you voted for him 8 years ago?
I voted for him twice. 2000 was my first election, and because I grew up in a Republican, clinton-despising household, I naturally wouldn't vote for Gore, so I enthusiastically voted for Bush. Bush began to lose me at the Iraq war but I reluctantly voted for him in '04 because I felt that since we were now in Iraq we couldn't just up and leave. I was still reading/listening to conservative media at the time and basically believed most of what they said--especially Sean Hannity. What a mistake.

My vote in 2000 was not an informed vote. Neither was 2004, really. I'm not proud to admit that, but that's the truth.

He completely lost me during his second term, when I began actually being informed. Not the far left crazy allegations, but things like--deficit spending, inefficiency running Iraq, and other stuff. Eventually I got to a point where I said "OMG who did I vote for?!" and was appalled that I helped bring this about by my uninformed voting.

Now, in 2008, I sincerely regret voting for Bush in 2000. I don't know if I would have voted for Gore, but if I knew then what I know now, I would not have voted for Bush. And he wouldn't get a third term out of me, even if it mean an Obama presidency.

Again, Bush is a good man who got horrible advice in the world's most important job.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I voted for him 8 years ago. Then I realized he was a Moron that could destroy our Country and voted for Kerry with my nose held 4 years ago.

To answer the OP - dude is smart as a bag of rocks. What could you say to him that would penetrate his addled WMD obsessed mind?

At this point better to just let him crawl off quietly back to his ranch and chop wood for the rest of his life.
it is irrelevant if bush is smart as a bag of rocks or not since obama, mccain, and most of our democratic congress voted for his bailout plan. that would make them as stupid as bush and i am sure that is not what you are trying to say.. if you are trying to tell people that they need to vote intelligently on the issues alone, then i agree. if you examine the economic issues you would be casting your vote in this election for mccain simply due to his positions on the economy, like him or not.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Hoover went quietly back to Palo Alto and Nixon to San Clemente, but I wonder if the same option will be available to either Bush or Cheney. These are different times, and the bitterness and divisions that these two and the corrupting gangs behind them have done so much to create may be yet another thing that comes back to haunt them.

In a best-case scenario, the moment the next President finishes saying "so help me, God" on January 20, federal agents would move in and take both Bush and Cheney into custody on newly unsealed indictments out of the Plame grand jury. That would be a little sweet, as well as being a great way to begin restoring our image and credibility abroad. Wouldn't hurt as far as turning back toward sanity on the domestic front either.

As for "meeting" him, Bush has been the most secluded and protected President in history. He is available only in pre-screened and pre-scripted bits of made-for-TV drama that are all but entirely controlled by his "handlers" and "entourage". In these events, there is almost lietrally no one there to meet. The life-size cardboard cutouts of him that sidewalk photographers sometimes set up around the White House have all of the depth that Bush himself would offer in such a scenario. The question "Why bother?" comes to mind...

Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it is irrelevant if bush is smart as a bag of rocks or not since obama, mccain, and most of our democratic congress voted for his bailout plan. that would make them as stupid as bush and i am sure that is not what you are trying to say.. if you are trying to tell people that they need to vote intelligently on the issues alone, then i agree. if you examine the economic issues you would be casting your vote in this election for mccain simply due to his positions on the economy, like him or not.
Those with such exclusively visceral views of the bailout plan are not themselves likely to be members of the club whose membership is endorsed here. McCain's positions on economic issues meanwhile offer little to nothing that we don't have already...and hasn't all that been going well. As he has over the bulk of his career. McCain makes vague half-stabs at appointing himself champion of this or that issue or program that seems like it might gain some traction. As a thinker, he has few peers...but many superiors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies