Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
"Lawful order" is the key phrase. Since the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the military from enforcing domestic law, anyone in the military giving an order to enforce domestic law would be giving an unlawful order, and therefore not obeyed.
You might want to look at a 1995 study by McManus:

Quote:
He said the survey was intended to confirm and then pass on to higher authorities his fears about "the lack of knowledge among the soldiers about the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and their heritage as Americans."
And as others pointed out, there's no way you've ever been in the military. You obviously don't understand mob mentality or the power of authority. If I had told my troops to shoot US civilians, they'd have done it, no questions asked, simply because I ordered it, although a few might have asked questions after they fired all 210 rounds in their basic combat load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 06:39 AM

226 posts, read 312,090 times
Right, and the army is going to tell us the truth? Government=lies

Old 10-11-2008, 07:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Pssst I think you are wasting your breath on this one
Ya, it's a country that voted for bush TWICE! I don't think anything can get them out of the blindfold of the flag that they're wrapped in......

Old 10-11-2008, 10:12 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,487,112 times
A few items for your consideration:

2006: Bush signs John Warner National Defense Authorization Act, which changed posse comitatus:

Bush Paves the Way for Martial Law: 2007 National Defense Authorization Act overturns Posse Comitatus Act

2007: Bush signs Presidential Directive 51, "Continuation of Government":

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive

2008: US economy starts collapsing; "financial terrorism" is investigated:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10438438/1/raising-the-specter-of-financial-terrorism.html (broken link)

The elections are a few weeks away. Who will be president in 2009? Maybe it won't be Obama OR McCain. Anybody see where this could be heading?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
We've been heading down this road for quite a while. The threat of our democraticaly elected government trampling our rights and using the Constitution for toilet paper has always been there. Implementing the plan is at the top of every Washington insiders list. A populace that thinks and acts independent of government oversight scares the bejesus out of politicians. Any excuse they can use to trim a few of our rights down makes them ecstastic. A few years back they polled the entire armed forces of the US to see what percentage was willing to blindly follow orders to fire on US citizens. The numbers didn't encourage them so they turned to the UN. If anyone thinks theres not a plan in place to put foriegn troops on our soil to quell "civil unrest" better dig a little deeper. A lot of things have gone down the trunk line since 911...with thunderous applause. So many folks shivering in thier shoes and shaking like a dog ******* peachseeds crying in quavering voices for the government to "do something" . Oh please protect us. Only to happy to oblige they are. Just give up a few of those inconveinient little rights in the Constitution and you will be safe and sound like a bug in a rug. Scares me to death!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
We've been heading down this road for quite a while. The threat of our democraticaly elected government trampling our rights and using the Constitution for toilet paper has always been there.
You see it everyday, just turn on the television. The court and cop shows are just filled with violations of civil rights. CSI and The Closer are the two worst shows filled with multiple civil rights violations in every episode.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it's a Psy-Ops Warfare operation designed to convince people that they have no civil rights, and if their rights are violated, they should do nothing about it, and can't do anything about it.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
And as others pointed out, there's no way you've ever been in the military. You obviously don't understand mob mentality or the power of authority. If I had told my troops to shoot US civilians, they'd have done it, no questions asked, simply because I ordered it, although a few might have asked questions after they fired all 210 rounds in their basic combat load.
First, I have no military experience. I would say your statement comes close to proving the military brainwashes its troops into action, up to and including committing atrocities. It's proof that our military service people, and those of other countries, are cannon fodder for the whims of our most evil citizens. Not calling you one of those, but ultimately military goals are determined by the highest "leaders" and even those individuals could be puppets to invisible hands.

I guess life as it currently manifests is one big psychological operation where our bodies, minds, and souls are raped by others who exploit the opportunity. Of course, the converse might be true: it's where the masses allow themselves to be used because they refuse to see each other as powerful equals.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You see it everyday, just turn on the television. The court and cop shows are just filled with violations of civil rights. CSI and The Closer are the two worst shows filled with multiple civil rights violations in every episode.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it's a Psy-Ops Warfare operation designed to convince people that they have no civil rights, and if their rights are violated, they should do nothing about it, and can't do anything about it.
Exellent point! Tv shows that portray frustrated police andFederal agents unable to prosecute obviously guilty criminals due to "technical" glitches in their case. To be fair there are problems along those lines but the solution is NOT for honest hard working Americans to give up our rights wholesale. I personally do not want to see blue helmets riding on top of Russian made APC's rolling around my town spouting "we are here to help". Nor do I feel the need for the US military doing the same thing. I've had some close relation with some old school law enforcement here and the new crop of rooks coming out of the academy scares these guys to death. They are not trained to deal with John Q citizen in a proper way, rather they are being taught that EVERY interaction on the street is to be dealt with in a fashion more suited to the battlefield. Protect and Serve is becoming stuff and cuff out of hand. We are on the fast track to totalitarianism. All in the name of national security....hmmm where have we heard that before?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I would say your statement comes close to proving the military brainwashes its troops into action, up to and including committing atrocities.
It has nothing to do with brain-washing and everything to do with power, trust, confidence and loyalty. I train troops to live, not die, and I select troops for promotion to leadership positions based on skill, experience, demonstrated leadership and the respect they have from other troops, not based on popularity among troops, and we go into battle for us, not for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It's proof that our military service people, and those of other countries, are cannon fodder for the whims of our most evil citizens.
We are an instrument of policy. Some troops never understand that, some do and accept it, some finally learn to understand it and get out, like I did.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:58 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times
I can't possibly imagine a worse duty than to have to deal with crazed doped up "americans" rioting in the streets....burning down their own cities in the process.
I can only imagine how the rules of engagement would read....

....we can't do S..T!.....The rioters have to be treated with care and respect. The rioters have rights.....The rioters are only appropriators of withheld entitlements...the rioters are engaging in performance art and are only putting "liberation theology" into practice.....But the rioters get to spit and **** on us....throw feces at us....shoot at us...

NO THANKS!

I'll call in sick on that day...

I say if they want to torch their OWN cities....BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies