Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 PM

200 posts, read 877,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I guess I am blessed with a good job, health insurance for me and my family, food on the table, and a house I can AFFORD. I think if people go back to the basics, everything will be fine. The problem is that a lack of common sense has swept the nation.

This country is filled with $1,000 millionaires, meaning they live on plastic and borrowed time. People have become too worried about "status" instead of worrying about the basics. That's why you see 10,000 sheep lined-up outside the store when the new iPhone comes out, when a regular cell would do just fine.

Sorry...I am trailing off.
You've hit the nail on the head (and read my mind). Everyone is brainwashed into thinking they need all these material things and that they need to have "status". Blah. Dummies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
For all the idiots out there who make $35K/year and purchased a $200K house...you deserve what you are going through right now. If you had taken even the basics of economics, you would have known that it wouldn't work from the start. As far as credit cards...don't get me started!!!

America will bounce back. We always do.
For real. Alot of people that took bad loans, refinanced/took out various home equity loans/second morgaged their homes to be able to drive a mercedes to work. They do deserve what they are going through. They receive little sympathy from me. If they woulda been more responsible, alot of this mess wouldnt be happening.
My parents did none of that bullcrap. Their home is less than 5 years from being paid off and even though the house has probably dropped value as a result of the economic crisis, yet its not gonna affect them because they have no intentions of selling it and can pay it off right now if they wanted to. They're happy just renting it out and making money from that.

And lately Ive been getting forwarded emails from people saying that the $700 billion dollars should go to the American citizens. WHY? So they can throw all that money in the gutter as well!?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
And lately Ive been getting forwarded emails from people saying that the $700 billion dollars should go to the American citizens. WHY? So they can throw all that money in the gutter as well!?
Great idea, if you don't mind bread costing $100 a loaf and gas being at $350 a gallon...

Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 PM

190 posts, read 443,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Great idea, if you don't mind bread costing $100 a loaf and gas being at $350 a gallon...
Our corporate pals are doing their best to make sure that happens anyway.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymum View Post
Our corporate pals are doing their best to make sure that happens anyway.
Right. Trickle down economics depends entirely on the benevolence of the trickler. For some reason, I don't see Bush/Paulson suddenly discovering Mother Teresa as their new role models.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
The rich are now faced with the biggest challenge they have ever run up against. How are they going to blamd this on the poor? They have absolute control of the media, but it will still be a tough sell. Even harder than the invasion of Iraq, which was a piece of cake by comparison.

The big turning point is going to be when General Motors falls and nobody bails it out. Then everything will go down fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies