Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:56 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
That was the same argument that the state of Virginia gave in the Loving verses Virginia case that ended the ban against inter racial marriage. They argued that any man can marry any woman " as long as they were of the same race" . That's equality?
Also, that argument was given in the case of Pace v Alabama.

It's funny that we never seem to learn from history. And just like before, states like California are leading the way in breaking down barriers between who can and can't marry. Perez ring a bell?

I say we adopt France's Model: Government only officially recognizes civil unions and all rights are handed down from there. Marriages are available for anyone who wants to go to a church and get them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I am sure that legalized same sex marriage in neighboring Massachusetts has broken down the moral and social fiber of that state since 2004. The state has turned into a virtual hotbed of sexual and moral anarchy.
Cool!... I'm booking my "Massachusetts Sex Tour" tomorrow!!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,018,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Cool!... I'm booking my "Massachusetts Sex Tour" tomorrow!!
Need A 'Tour Guide?"

Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,868 times
Let the gays marry, why should only heteros suffer?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Need A 'Tour Guide?"
LOL... only if you throw in those two other "dens of iniquity", Connecticut and California!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:35 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,018,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
LOL... only if you throw in those two other "dens of iniquity", Connecticut and California!
Well I have noticed over the last few days since the Supreme Court struck down the law against same sex marriage, I have seen the following happen;

Public nudity and fornication; Houses of prostitution and gay bathhouses opening en mass all over the state of Connecticut and tawdry saloons with naked dancers in family neighborhoods- I guess we will have to adapt to this new obsessive love and sex addiction culture here

Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Well I have noticed over the last few days since the Supreme Court struck down the law against same sex marriage, I have seen the following happen;

Public nudity and fornication; Houses of prostitution and gay bathhouses opening en mass all over the state of Connecticut and tawdry saloons with naked dancers in family neighborhoods- I guess we will have to adapt to this new obsessive love and sex addiction culture here
I've begun recruiting volunteers to scour the state, rounding up all those who are turned into pillars of salt before the authorities and grief-stricken relatives can move in to cover up the evidence. If we can get our hands on a dozen or so, I feel we can easily get a 5-minute spot on Fox News, and then open some backwoods shrine sort of thing and easily lift five bucks or so off of all sorts of God-fearing folks. Dinosaur Adventure Land will be as nothing when compared to the Mausoleum of the Formerly Nutmeg but Now Salt People! Are ya in?

Last edited by saganista; 10-13-2008 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I've begun recruiting volunteers to scour the state, rounding up all those who are turned into pillars of salt before the authorities and grief-stricken relatives can move in to cover up the evidence. If we can get our hands on a dozen or so, I feel we can easily get a 5-minute spot on Fox News, and then open some backwoods shrine sort of thing and easily lift five bucks or so off of all sorts of God-fearing folks. Dinosaur Adventure Land will be as nothing when compared to the Mausoleum of the Formerly Nutmeg but Now Salt People! Are ya in?

LMAO!!.... and don't forget, there's always bound to be a few "pillars" with images of Elvis or the Virgin that we can capitalize on! Great idea, and I'm smelling Franchise Opportunities here, folks!!

Only problem is out here in Californication Land after the Supremes recent decision, we already have an overabundance of salt pillars lying around as it is. Heck, they're just stacking 'em up like cordwood out in the streets... so what we need now is another bit of Divine Retribution, like maybe an earthquake or a righteous Katrina-style flood to clean it all up!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM

225 posts, read 342,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Let the gays marry, why should only heteros suffer?
I don't remember which comedian said it but it was something about what a great deal being gay really was - "they don't let you get married or fight in the military." It does sound like a pretty good gig.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
Moses! There is a man among the sheep! John Derek!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies