Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times

Advertisements

The timing of the Connecticut Court is perfect since there has been a strong movement to stop gay marriage in California. Religious groups [most notably Mormons who refuse to speak to the press] have been running anti-gay commercials for days claiming that children are being taught homosexuality in kindergarten. These primitive-thinking people are determined to stop gay marriage here & then in Massachusetts before other states allow civil rights to gay folks. Now they will have to spend money on trying to stop gay marriage in Connecticut

People here who may be tempted to vote against gay marriage will likely be influenced by the Connecticut court decision & view this as inevitable by voting for gay marriage.

I predict New Jersey\ New York\ Hawaii\ Oregon\ Washington are next to rule for gay marriage. Thanks Connecticut for rejecting ignorance\ bigotry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I really do have to roll out now...but I will ask you all this one question and respond my best to your replies when I return.

What does this ruling by a court do to benefit our society...not the individual, but how does this benefit society.
You must be some sort of communist, then? Otherwise, maybe the equality in phrases like "created equal" and "equal protection" has been expanded a little bit. A less hypocritical society is a better society in the minds of a great many...

Last edited by saganista; 10-10-2008 at 02:16 PM..

Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
What does this ruling by a court do to benefit our society...not the individual, but how does this benefit society.

The Court should be concerned with interpreting the law, not with shaping society.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,133 times
I love it. All these people with unfounded hate toward homosexuals. Look around people, you all are becoming things of the past.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:17 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
This whole right-wing thing is collapsing as we speak. Why, it's the end of capitalism according to my morning paper...

Old 10-10-2008, 02:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I'm now considering moving OUT of CT... (sigh)
So move to Oklahoma to see if you would be happier. They have a state rep there in the OKC area who is campaigning for reelection on the theme that the homosexual agenda is more dangerous than terrorism. Story and video about it here: Marlett, Kern Hold Heated Debate - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Old 10-10-2008, 02:25 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Lets try and judge each other by our actions in life- instead of labels- in the end we will are be better off and add to greater society. I am grateful for living in a state like Connecticut that is finally turning the corner on ignorance and stupidity.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:25 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
marriage is a right. ^_^
Yeah! I'm very happy with that ruling. I live here in CT and am glad that CT has ruled gay couples deserve the rights and protection hetero couples have.

It's a historic day in CT.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Someone should read what marriage is all about and open a bible.
Yeah, sure, like that would do a lot of good. In Oklahoma they spend a lot of time opening their Bibles but act like they haven't arrived to the passage that states fornication is wrong because Oklahoma has one of the highest unwed teen births in the nation.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
This whole right-wing thing is collapsing as we speak. Why, it's the end of capitalism according to my morning paper...
California is the brain-child of the left wing immorality machine and they are in sh*t up to their eyeballs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies