Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,470,340 times

Advertisements

He should be handed over to an international tribunal as the war criminal that he is.

http://warcriminal.us/images/WarCriminalSticker.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Hey watch this before you bash Bush

YouTube - Nikola Tesla: The Missing Secrets ( part 1 of 4 )

YouTube - Nikola Tesla: The Missing Secrets ( part 2 of 4 )

YouTube - Nikola Tesla: The Missing Secrets ( part 3 of 4 )

YouTube - Nikola Tesla: The Missing Secrets ( part 4 of 4 )

If you pay attention you might actually learn something.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,980,987 times
Default CNN Interview from January 2002 ... more about what led up to 9/11

Book alleges that in 2001 (before 9/11) the U.S. was in negotiations with Taliban to build an OIL PIPELINE in Afghanistan.

The full interview is found here:

CNN.com - Transcripts

Quote:
AMERICAN MORNING WITH PAULA ZAHN

Explosive New Book Published in France Alleges that U.S. Was in Negotiations to Do a Deal with Taliban

Aired January 8, 2002 - 07:34 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
PAULA ZAHN, CNN ANCHOR: Time to check in with ambassador-in- residence, Richard Butler, this morning. An explosive new book published in France alleges that the United States was in negotiations to do a deal with the Taliban for an oil pipeline in Afghanistan.

Joining us right now is Richard Butler to shed some light on this new book. He is the former chief U.N. weapons inspector. He is now on the Council on Foreign Relations and our own ambassador-in- residence -- good morning.

RICHARD BUTLER, FMR. U.N. WEAPONS INSPECTOR: Good morning, Paula

ZAHN: Boy, if any of these charges are true...

BUTLER: If...

ZAHN: ... this...

BUTLER: Yes.

ZAHN: ... is really big news.

BUTLER: I agree.

ZAHN: Start off with what your understanding is of what is in this book -- the most explosive charge.

BUTLER: The most explosive charge, Paula, is that the Bush administration -- the present one, just shortly after assuming office slowed down FBI investigations of al Qaeda and terrorism in Afghanistan in order to do a deal with the Taliban on oil -- an oil pipeline across Afghanistan.

ZAHN: And this book points out that the FBI's deputy director, John O'Neill, actually resigned because he felt the U.S. administration was obstructing...

BUTLER: A proper...

ZAHN: ... the prosecution of terrorism.
and further into the interview ...

Quote:

ZAHN: ... apparently told the authors of this book. He is alleging that -- what -- the U.S. government was trying to protect U.S. oil interests? And at the same time, shut off the investigation of terrorism to allow for that to happen?

BUTLER: That's the allegation that instead of prosecuting properly an investigation of terrorism, which has its home in Afghanistan as we now know, or one of its main homes, that was shut down or slowed down in order to pursue oil interests with the Taliban. The people who we have now bombed out of existence, and this not many months ago. The book says that the negotiators said to the Taliban, you have a choice. You have a carpet of gold, meaning an oil deal, or a carpet of bombs. That's what the book alleges.
Also worth mentioning is that the above FBI Deputy Director John O'Neill, shortly after resigning from the FBI, took a job as head of security at the World Trade Center.

He died on 9/11.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,844,917 times

bush is the cause of all my problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Are the American people deserving of a national apology from George Bush before he leaves office? Would this not be the right and honorable thing for Bush to do before he leaves office? For the past 8 years, Bush used the American airwaves and television to wage war and promote violence. Is it possible that Bush would humble himself, come before the American people and sincerely apologize for the harm and destruction he has done to the American people and economy? Afterall, the President is ULTIMATELY responsible for the welfare of the nation and its people. Is there any chance that Bush will apologize to the American people, or will he simply pack his bags and leave the White House, without acknowledging his failures and forgiveness to the American People.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
When the Romanian dictatorship fell in 1989, president Nicolae Ceausescu was held in an open-air cell on a public street for a day, so passersby could taunt him. That seemed like a good idea.

Maybe there ought to be a law that whoever is ever elected president, he should be required to present himself to the public in that way at the end of his term. Sort of a come-as-you-are end-of-term roast. See how many of the hopefuls are confident enough that they can leave office with the respect of the people.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:40 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
When the Romanian dictatorship fell in 1989, president Nicolae Ceausescu was held in an open-air cell on a public street for a day, so passersby could taunt him. That seemed like a good idea.

Maybe there ought to be a law that whoever is ever elected president, he should be required to present himself to the public in that way at the end of his term. Sort of a come-as-you-are end-of-term roast. See how many of the hopefuls are confident enough that they can leave office with the respect of the people.
I think you have a good idea.

This is why President Bush needs to speak to America before he leaves office. It just seems so unreal that after all the rotten things we are dealing with that Bush could just fade away. For his own sake, Bush should settle things with the nation and take responsibility. If President Bush would be honest & sincere I will feel a lot better about him & maybe forgive some things [though not the war!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
What blows me away is people who continue to support him.
Those who supported Bush and are steadfast upon continuing Bush's policies by supporting (voting for) McCain are no different than those who followed brutal dictators such Hitler and Mussolini. Hate oozes from the vains of such people.

Last edited by dorado0359; 10-13-2008 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times

Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,470,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Those who supported Bush and are steadfast upon continuing Bush's policies by supporting (voting for) McCain are no different than those who followed brutal dictators such Hitler and Mussolini. Hate oozes from the vains of such people.
I saw a film of a lady who survived the holocaust and went back to her home from before the war in Austria. Some of her family's furniture was still in her former house which was stolen from her by the Nazis and eventually handed over to whatever good aryan folks that was who are still living there now. When she arrived at the house, the stunned residents had only to say "you don't want it back, do you?"

We live in a world full of sociopaths. I heard something like 40%.

Would you even consider living in the home of someone taken in the holocaust? Imagine, sleeping in the bed of someone who was burned alive in an oven at Buchenwald. I personally couldn't imagine how I could wash the filth off my soul doing that. I'd feel like I was covered with bugs.

Some people on this planet will kill and eat their mother and sleep very soundly that night.

That's why I don't believe in God. I don't see how anybody could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies