Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:45 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So are you an advocate for generational welfare?
I didn't say that. All I did was make an observation on the hypocrisy of certain people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I didn't say that. All I did was make an observation on the hypocrisy of certain people.
It has been my experience that when people say they want an end to welfare, they are not talking about WIC. They are talking about welfare that has ensnared generations of families into a hopeless existence. Nothing hypocritical about wanting an end to that.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
I have a friend that is a social worker in the DC metro area. Plenty of black babies by Mom's with substance abuse issues there up for adoption there... that no one wants.
So to anyone that wants to adopt, there are hundreds available according to them. I suggest you inquire about it...

Child and Family Services Agency: Adoption (http://cfsa.dc.gov/cfsa/cwp/view,a,3,q,520649,cfsaNav,%7C31319%7C.asp - broken link)

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-15-2008, 02:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I have a friend that is a social worker in the DC metro area. Plenty of black babies by Mom's with substance abuse issues there up for adoption there... that no one wants.
So to anyone that wants to adopt, there are hundreds available according to them. I suggest you inquire about it...

Child and Family Services Agency: Adoption (http://cfsa.dc.gov/cfsa/cwp/view,a,3,q,520649,cfsaNav,%7C31319%7C.asp - broken link)
Thanks for the link, I'm sure that there will be people interested....

Do you know if DC still operates by the black homes for black children philosophy? Obviously, I know that would be ideal, but for many years there was a policy in place that black children could only be placed in black homes.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM

My friend is white and will adopt a black child when she and her husband can afford it. She is the one that tells me about all the children needing homes...very sad stories.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:52 PM

By the way, I think it is a wonderful thing to ADOPT children... they don't deserve being without a home.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
By the way, I think it is a wonderful thing to ADOPT children... they don't deserve being without a home.
I agree. I'd have no problem adopting a child, but the one I got is a handful enough.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:00 PM

274 posts, read 606,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
When we make choices in life we have to be willing to step up to the plate and meet the challenge by owning our own choices. People are always looking for an easy way out instead of taking the high road and holding themselves accountable.

Just because we like to do something doesn't mean we don't have to be responsible if things don't turn out the way want them to.
Then why is only the woman the one who has to "step up to the plate" and "be accountable"? How come the man has the right to just ditch the woman and not put a dime towards the child when she "steps up to the plate"?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
The unborn child is still a child, and a human being.

46 chromosomes. Human DNA. Produces protein, etc.

Killing the unborn child (human) is the same exact thing as killing an adult.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:03 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyez02403 View Post
Then why is only the woman the one who has to "step up to the plate" and "be accountable"? How come the man has the right to just ditch the woman and not put a dime towards the child when she "steps up to the plate"?
The man doesn't have that right. Dead-beats who run out on their children don't always get caught by the law, but when they do they are forced to pay up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies