Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Then do something damnit!! What the hell do you do other than cry like a toddler on CD forums???
You missed the point.

Why do you apologise for "greedy, law-abiding" CEO's (the topic of the thread)? And why do you try to turn our attention instead to things like "torch and pitchfork liberals"?

Or were you not intending to sound like an "apologist"?

Oh, and stop yelling please, I can hear 'ya fine. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
this is the greatest description of the federal government I have ever heard.

rep 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, we give all these failed institutions BILLIONS of our tax dollars in big WELFARE checks....the people working for these companies keep right on partying big time, the FAILED execs take home huge wages for being failures.

Does anyone know if anything will be done to these execs who FAILED at their jobs and have cost us BILLIONS?????

Will they be jailed? Replaced by similar leeches?

Will we, the taxpayers, be able to see what they're paid?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
If you say so...

Stealing is in the eye of the beholder, failing is in the eye of the beholder... your words are disintegrating.

Is that in the terms of the contract? If it is, then certainly!

There needs to be charges brought against them... you have any ideas? I am so sick of you armchair warriors waving your cane at the greedy corporations simultaneously refusing to provide a logical approach to solving the problem... this whining and crying gets nothing accomplished. I would certainly support investigations but you need a basis first. Let's devise a structured approach if you truly are interested.
I just proposed an investigation....do you propose I should lead it myself? Fine...show me who to talk to! I don't know...so you show where I go and who I see to lead the investigation.
Unlike repubs I have NO spinemelting fear of the rich.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

290 posts, read 524,115 times
The people who caused this mess are paying for it. People voted these idiots into government and government mandates caused the collapse. Now the people are paying. The execs were carrying out the mandates of the government. If you are in charge of a company and the government tells you to loosen your standards so the lower classes can get loans, you have no choice. As long as housing prices are rising, there is no problem, but when the values fall.... trouble. Had the values not fallen, the execs would have been chastised for not taking the appropriate risks - especially when it was made clear that the government was taking on the risk and your duty is to maximize profits. The best way to fix the problem is to get government out as quickly as possible. The only role of government is to adjudicate the contract disputes between private parties. The worst thing government can do is to change the contracts between private parties. That would destroy any confidence in the system to the point that no one would participate in such a system.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Agreed! There are alot of torch and pitchfork liberals in here that are willing to destroy a greedy, law-abiding CEO than they are a serial rapist.
/sarcasm

Well, that's because the rapist is innocent. I mean, he didn't want to rape her, but she had that look about her that said he had to and what and all with being raised in a society that promotes sex, can you blame him? He was just an innocent bystander in all this. That dirty victim had it coming to them!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the end if its true that 10% pay 90% of the federal taxes.why are we griping about their spoending our money? In fact stats show that 30% pay no taxes and many in fact receive moneyy back even then. I see alot of baiulouts evryday in thsi country to include huge abilout of famers and even some that actually are not farmers.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
I just proposed an investigation....do you propose I should lead it myself? Fine...show me who to talk to! I don't know...so you show where I go and who I see to lead the investigation.
Unlike repubs I have NO spinemelting fear of the rich.
What is your proposal? I don't see any details or anything... Do you think this is a game? Do you think this can all be solved with a magnifying glass and a tobacco pipe? Where are all the accurate numbers and figures? Where are the names? What are the specific accusations? Many questions to be answered if your serious...

Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Why do you apologise for "greedy, law-abiding" CEO's (the topic of the thread)? And why do you try to turn our attention instead to things like "torch and pitchfork liberals"?
You consider calling for due process of law to be apologetic? You want me to blindly attack and destroy someone on a hunch?... The same liberals who want that are the same ones who persecute neocons for fighting terrorism... yeah, watch watch me spin!

Your still a torch and pitchfork liberal by the way... screaming for the blood of people that are more clever and devious than you... how weak.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
You consider calling for due process of law to be apologetic? You want me to blindly attack and destroy someone on a hunch?... The same liberals who want that are the same ones who persecute neocons for fighting terrorism... yeah, watch watch me spin!

Your still a torch and pitchfork liberal by the way... screaming for the blood of people that are more clever and devious than you... how weak.
Let's stick to the topic here, OK? There are plenty of other forums for discussing "Terrorism", "Obama's a terrorist", "pitchfork terrorists", "liberal terrorists", et al.

So tell us your solution to the topic chief. What about the obviously incompetent execs of these corporations now looking for a guv'mint bailout? Should we "slap their hand", fine 'em, prosecute 'em (gets my vote), or just write it off as an unfortunate by-product of the "free market" and those folks who are simply "more clever & devious"?

Or perhaps you're too busy looking for "pitchfork liberals", to even notice the financial problem to begin with...?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:32 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
OK, we give all these failed institutions BILLIONS of our tax dollars in big WELFARE checks....the people working for these companies keep right on partying big time, the FAILED execs take home huge wages for being failures.

Does anyone know if anything will be done to these execs who FAILED at their jobs and have cost us BILLIONS?????

Will they be jailed? Replaced by similar leeches?

Will we, the taxpayers, be able to see what they're paid?
No, they'll be transferred to Washington DC to work as Lobbyists. Since americans, in their judeo Xtian heritage don't recognize pork, none will be any the wiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies