Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that the conclusions on Blue vs Red state IQ are valid?
Yes 73 49.66%
No 67 45.58%
Not sure 7 4.76%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:55 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby61 View Post
I do not believe people in blue states are more intelligent. How smart is it to make your state so unaffordable to live in that many people feel they have to move?
I'm for more states raising their taxes. That or they need to severely cut spending and funding for all their little projects. Either option will have people throwing a fit though. It's funny, I see so many people crying foul about the federal government and their overspending, and funding all these programs they don't like, blah blah blah. But I have yet to see a single person on here say the same thing on a state by state basis despite the fact that the majority of states can no longer exist on their own and have to constantly go to the feds for handouts either in the way of balancing their budget or in funding for their projects. Why is that?

For the record though, blue states tend to have a higher standard of living and income on average. They also, on average, have lower divorce rates. What does that mean? I couldn't begin to say with any certainty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
im going to go out on a limb here and say that i dont think the higher IQ's are on welfare and vote democratic. there are more lower IQ's to sway the numbers lower.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 AM

114 posts, read 207,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I'm for more states raising their taxes. That or they need to severely cut spending and funding for all their little projects. Either option will have people throwing a fit though. It's funny, I see so many people crying foul about the federal government and their overspending, and funding all these programs they don't like, blah blah blah. But I have yet to see a single person on here say the same thing on a state by state basis despite the fact that the majority of states can no longer exist on their own and have to constantly go to the feds for handouts either in the way of balancing their budget or in funding for their projects. Why is that?

For the record though, blue states tend to have a higher standard of living and income on average. They also, on average, have lower divorce rates. What does that mean? I couldn't begin to say with any certainty.

I am a Libertarian so I am all for reducing spending on the state as well as federal level.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:05 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
IQ is pretty much randomly distributed throughout the human race.

Except in Oklahoma. There, it's less than the average waist size.
at least in Oklahoma we have a law that prevents first cousins from marrying, I understand that isn't true in Tejas......................

Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I don't think it can go by state - NC is a good example - until recently, a red state, yet the triangle area is solidly blue and also home to very intelligent people.

I am not saying republicans are unintelligent so don't get your panties in a bunch.
Yes, but its due to a vast left-wing Northerner conspiracy. We're planning on overtaking the state and purging it of any remaining Jesse Helm cooties.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby61 View Post
I am a Libertarian so I am all for reducing spending on the state as well as federal level.
Ahhh someone after the cold cockles of my heart.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Yeah, imagine what the iq of some of those places would be if one could discount the underachievers and crack heads in places like Philly, Baltimore, Harlem, Chicago, Wilmington, Camden ect ect.

Shucks, HBO even makes expose' on their stellar IQ's at places like Frederick Douglass.

Nice try but you need to break it down just a bit more.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Yeah, imagine what the iq of some of those places would be if one could discount the underachievers and crack heads in places like Philly, Baltimore, Harlem, Chicago, Wilmington, Camden ect ect.

Nice try but you need to break it down just a bit more.
Why? Politics in this country has boiled down to red state versus blue state. Red voter versus Blue. That's the sum of the pie if not the whole. Is that just a convienent divisive line until, in this, it is no longer quite so flattering and needs to be broken down instead?

People can slag off about NY and CA or the entire Northeast (where America was born) all they want, and red voters do, but without them this country wouldn't exist and or we would be...Canada. Like it or not, basically, NY and CA pay the freaking bills in this country.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Why? Politics in this country has boiled down to red state versus blue state. Red voter versus Blue. That's the sum of the pie if not the whole. Is that just a convienent divisive line until, in this, it is no longer quite so flattering and needs to be broken down instead?

Nope, I deal in reality. I happen to be marooned in a blue state and if I venture into the metropolis I suddenly emerge as Lord Of The Flies or at least Charlton Heston as Taylor.

It was a weak attempt at baiting from the OP that was stupid to bring up to begin with, I just called him on it for a unskewed version of his horse****.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Rural people are what's left after the younger people go to the cities or colleges. And rural folks are essentially Republican voters.

LA is a good example of how all levels of education\ income vote Democratic. From very poor Black & Hispanic neighborhoods to the extremely well off in Beverly Hills vote overwhelmingly Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies