Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Ashmore View Post
My name is Raleigh. I new Brandon McClelland of paris. I went to justice elementary school all the way to Travis junior high .He quit or got into trouble before he was in Paris high school. He was a Blood.When I was in the 6th grade I seen His Big ass punch a white kid about a foot smaller then him in the chest and threw him into the side of a locker. He taunted and bullied everyone. He would fight with everyone act ghetto. me and him were friends for awhile but he was bipolar or somthing one day I'd be his homie the next day He calls me a "Punk ass white boy" pushes me in the hall way before he gets on the bus for no reason. We have a push off and my friend Quentin Wu en pulled us apart he was a big boy. The next day was the school dance and Brandon,Quentin and Cortney ask me to smoke out with them to make up I said cool. we went behind Crockett and spark it up I hit it and a instant head rush i said "What the ****". and Cortney says "good **** yae blood" and Brandon says "It's Laced with crack yae want to buy some". That was the Last time I spoke to Brandon and Cortney.He Hated White ppl I'm not surprised he got ran over dude was big and it was probably over drugs, and he might have said something like "Punk ass white boy" to the wrong ppl anyways. I know he hated white ppl I was his white friend he could unleash on. He was the only reason why I had any thoughts of hatred. YOUR FIGHTING A LOST CAUSE. Because I know better. Raleigh
Note to self: Do not accept free marijuana in Paris, Texas.

2nd Note to self: Do not go to Paris, Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 04:46 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Please don't condemn all the people of Paris. My grandparents and parents were from that area. Yes there is a lot of racism there and there are many bored young people who get into things they shouldn't. But there are a lot of perfectly nice friendly people who know what is important in life. There is also a somewhat sophisticated artsy class living there, although they are small in numbers - unusual for a town the size and location of Paris.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,531 times
Angry How ignorant you people are!

This murder happened in Jasper Tx, not Paris Tx! The world blows up at "racial" crimes, then refuses to get the facts straight about where the crime was committed! The complete stupidity of all the people that aren't even remotely close to Texas and do not know the facts surrounding the James Byrd murder but pop off at the mouth is appalling. First off, I do not condone his murder or anything about it. This was a horrific crime, punishable only by death in my opinion. No one is perfect, but no one deserves to be murdered, especially drug behind a truck by three hot headed punks. Second, this was a crime born of and old skirmish while Berry and Byrd were in the same prison years before the actual murder. There are facts to prove they were in the same prison. While in there, Byrd is said to have ran his mouth, constantly, and had a dispute over drugs and homosexual activity between the Arian brotherhood. There is no denying that the three whites were supremacists. While all across the nation news arose of a hate monger killing, no news was mentioned that he was a known drug addict, peddling for a ride and/or drugs. No known report is accounted for the fact that he would not leave well enough alone, and got angry when refused a ride. Actually he was portrayed to be a saintly man who had done no wrong, and who loved everyone of all colors. This is not the truth. He was just as prejudiced as the three who killed him. Of course, very few people know of the murder that took place in jasper about three weeks before this. It involved a white man being robbed and chased through the woods and ran over on his own four wheeler...by a black man! But they only spent a day reporting this. I actually didn't hear about it until the next week. But when James Byrd got killed, everyone had something to say. There were marches, cries of injustice, rallies, and conflicts. People from all across the world came to protest this "racially motivated" crime. The racial factor was mere circumstance. Where was Jesse Jackson and black panther protesters when the white man died running from his own ATV? Where were they when the white man got beath to death by three blacks and one hispanic cop? Yes, many people came to watch the small town of Jasper deal with their ghastly murder. And they all reminded me of rubberneckers at a bad car wreck! They don't know the facts, but they insist on molding a story to their liking, and watching, waiting to see what happens. But, hey, as far as I'm concerned, Jasper came out on top. If you ask me, I don't think race relations have ever been better! Whites and blacks are respectful of one another. Jasper buried the hatchet over this incident long before the rest of the world did. We realized there is a time to let go and keep your mouth shut. Thank you, for making us a stronger, closer family in this small town. R.I.P. James Byrd. I know that your senseless death brought on a new relationship and way of thinking for the residents of Jasper County.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Paris is a backwards town. That's all I have to say. And, yes, I've been there. I'm not just stating this based on reading article(s).

The fairgrounds are viewed as some magnificent centerpiece of town. When I say "fairgrounds," I think everyone knows what their purpose used to be.

Also, they have an "Eiffel Tower" with a cowboy hat on top that they find to be some huge attraction.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,531 times
Wow! I just read your post regarding James Byrd's death! You are tragically misinformed. James Byrd was NOT caught in the undercarriage of the truck. He was, however, attached to the back by a logging chain! Stupidity, it knows no bounds!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM

439 posts, read 616,992 times
I rather live in Paris Texas then a blue city like Detroit or Newark.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Well that makes it okay then!
No but it looks like the combination of "having it coming" to a degree and a society of white people who don't take much crap from black people fully explains the situation.

I don't mosey around the ghetto and sh*t talk... its just askin' for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies