Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,686 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney-Republican .....at least he may still be alive after his term , not pass away from old age., as Sen. John..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 09:52 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Both Ralph "Obama Talks White" Nader and Barr are colossal morons. I would much prefer having had Russ Feingold, Senator from Wisconsin, run. Only Senator to vote against the PATRIOT Act, stood up to the FISA Farce as well. Champoned many gov't transparency reforms.

A Feingold/Obama ticket would be my dream ticket. Feingold would get to be prez, and Obama would gain the requisite experience and name brand to dispel any discomfort.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,131,452 times
Mitt Romney would of stolen my vote away from Obama. Im sick of the illegals sneaking in here, and nothing done about it. Romney was the only candidate with the guts to speak out against illegal immigration. It might of been our last chance to get a secure border fence and deport illegals.

Since neither McCain or Obama will do anything serious about this, I have to go with Obama. McCain seems like a GW clone, caring more about Iraq, than the economy or domestic issues. However, before we can do UHC, we need someone like Romney to sweep the illegals out the door and make sure they can't get back in.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:34 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Feingold, yes, I forgot about him. He is indeed possible.

For all this talk of how Congress wouldn't tolerate an independent at the top, it makes me feel like Congress makes the decisions. Um, I think WE make the decisions, WE are the ones in charge unless we give it to others. I don't expect any elected official to solve my problems, but I DO expect them to include me in the process. We Americans need to rethink the concept of power because we keep giving ours away...and to the wrong people to boot!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
who would have been a better choice? how about anyone but the two idiots running right now.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Mike Bloomberg

Bob Kerrey

Jim Webb

Bill Bradley

Old 10-20-2008, 07:30 AM

558 posts, read 1,835,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If not McCain and not Obama, what person(s) would have been better to run for president? Colon Powell? Oprah? Let the discussions begin.
Hillary Clinton -much better choice than Obama
Al Gore -I'm still upset over the 2000 election
Ron Paul - way better than McCain or any other Republican
Jesse Ventura -time to shake up Washington

Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
As long as we keep electing the same old dems and reps AT THE LOCAL LEVEL, nothing will change.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I voted for Ralph Nader as a protest. I thought he deserved to be in the debates in 2000 and got treated shoddily by both parties, particularly the democrats. I think he would have been a bad preasident, but Bush was bad and Gore and Kerry would have been bad so where was the harm? Obama will be truly bad, McCain will be bad, at least Nader, as you say, did actually help americans during his career.
I'd have picked Ron Paul as the GOP choice with Romney as his VP. Joe Lieberman could be the democratic candidate with John McCain his VP. Now that would be a tough choice for me personally. I'd probably go for Lieberman.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I voted for Ralph Nader as a protest. I thought he deserved to be in the debates in 2000 and got treated shoddily by both parties, particularly the democrats. I think he would have been a bad preasident, but Bush was bad and Gore and Kerry would have been bad so where was the harm? Obama will be truly bad, McCain will be bad, at least Nader, as you say, did actually help americans during his career.
I'd have picked Ron Paul as the GOP choice with Romney as his VP. Joe Lieberman could be the democratic candidate with John McCain his VP. Now that would be a tough choice for me personally. I'd probably go for Lieberman.
Nader wasn't the only one. Everyone worth a damn got shafted. I think the press purposely maneuvered the two biggest clowns in each of the dominant parties into their positions just to fire everyone up and sell ad space.

No I don't believe the press is biased one way or another but they don't report facts, they only feed fears and spout sensationalism. They couldn't care less who's in the white house because they'll always get theirs. I doubt if it matters as the president isn't our leader, the TV is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies