Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Many men is our country have small penile appendages and seek to compensate.
I am a woman who shoots for sport and I don't have a penile appendage to compensate for...the original joke about compensation was about driving a Porsche, not owning a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Many men is our country have small penile appendages and seek to compensate.
That's funny, because platonic girl friends as well as ex's seem to think that Irish men are pretty...em..."small", yet their country prohibits gun ownership if I'm not mistaken? Coupled with that pasty white skin, it's no wonder many of them are always pissed off and tend to drink

I do love to date their girls though.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That's funny, because platonic girl friends as well as ex's seem to think that Irish men are pretty...em..."small", yet their country prohibits gun ownership if I'm not mistaken? Coupled with that pasty white skin, it's no wonder many of them are always pissed off and tend to drink

I do love to date their girls though.
Maybe that is why the IRA was so vicious...undersexed Irishmen...

Old 10-21-2008, 08:05 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Maybe that is why the IRA was so vicious...undersexed Irishmen...
Oh, and I forgot that they're probably also pissed off also because their cuisine sucks (i.e. they're sick of eating boiled ham and boiled potatoes).

Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparaciii View Post
Guns aren't made for protecting. They are made for killing.

My question is rather about American choice to own a gun as a country, not single individual.

My idea is that more guns = more killings, less guns = less killings.
If guns aren't made for protecting,why do police carry them?

Thing is more criminals= more killings.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Target shooting, skeet shooting, trap shooting, deer hunting, plinking cans with my son, self-defense from animals when hiking and camping, and just plain knowing that if some SOB comes at me I at least have a fighting chance to get him first.

Peace.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
If guns aren't made for protecting,why do police carry them?
psychological deterrent. even an unloaded gun can make someone think twice before tangling with the wielder, sometimes even after they figure out that it is unloaded.

and with psych warfare, you hardly ever have to escalate to a violent state; you've laid your cards on the table, meaning that the opposition has to decide whether they want to tangle with a pair of hollow point aces or not...

Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Why are people affraid of guns? Guns don't cause the crimes, the criminal does, he's the one who will have a weapon no matter what, he's the coward who needs a weapon to gain an advantage, don't be scared, you can come out of your hiding place we wont shoot you.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times
I believe in the right to bear arms and I'm not usually one that agrees with the Republican party on many things. I do not see the need to take guns out of the hands of responsible gun owners. I do see the need to get guns off the streets which is the battle that we, the US, face today. There is a black market of sorts for illegal firearms and these are the guns that we do not want in the hands of the criminals.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,212 times
Why Americans love guns? Love may be too strong a word, but how about appreciate? For without guns, many parts of America would be singing 'God save the Queen' instead of the 'Star Spangled Banner'. It's as the Swiss say a citizen armed is a citizen free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies