Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,829,974 times

Advertisements

bentlebee wrote;
Quote:
since many people like you and me are not watching these programs any more and aren't reading these magazines any more.
WOW, "real" Americans no longer watch TV! Come on, you know this is exactly what the "Wal-Mart moms", "hockey moms" live for. It's "Entertainment Tonight" meets "The Apprentice".

The problem isn't with Sara Palin. Someone brings in a stack of clothes (or did you think she actually went to the store?), no price tags, she says, "oh, I like the red one and the black one" (literally-does she ever wear any other colors?), she doesn't see the price tags! The problem here is the COMPLETELY DISFUNCTIONAL campaign staff! These are the same people who are telling party leaders to "F" off because they get their kicks running robo-calls, despite the damage being done to McCain, down ballot candidates and the party brand in general.

Oh, and please don't bring up the cost of Obama's suits-he's earned a couple of mill$ as an author.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
More double standards about Gov Palin given money for clothes
and no one cares who Obama has had for years as his left wing radical
friends that hate America?
Why is it that Obama has tried to pass himself off as one person, when clearly he has another side to him?
Why is that?
What about McCain's "radical friends"?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,595,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
More double standards about Gov Palin given money for clothes
and no one cares who Obama has had for years as his left wing radical
friends that hate America?
Why is it that Obama has tried to pass himself off as one person, when clearly he has another side to him?
Why is that?
Great post, you nailed it!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,816,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great post, you nailed it!
Nailed what? Obama's been getting bashed by FOX News and every single anti-Obama person out there. He's BEEN getting that treatment from several people.... like right now.

I think Palin's an idiot, but you don't see me making a whole thread about that.....

It's just equal hate.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM

15 posts, read 111,087 times
The media blows personal relationships way out of proportion. I have friends that I've known for 15 years that have wildly different political views than I do, we can still go out to lunch or sit and watch the game. Just because I have a friend that's a staunch Republican doesn't mean that I sit at my desk and make decisions based on their opinions, which is largely what I'm guessing the situation with Pr. Obama is like. He is charismatic, affable, and highly intelligent - all qualities that would make anyone gravitate towards him socially, regardless of their political beliefs. Despite what the media would have you believe, politicians are not politicians all the time. They also sometimes grab a burger or sit and watch the game, belive it or not. People are complex organisms...not black and white carbon copies that you can pigeonhole.

Turn off your rhetoric and turn on your reason, if only for a moment. Would you want someone to judge you based on the actions of a friend, whose actions and opinions you have no control over? Come on, man, grow up a little.

Further, way to focus on the exact wrong aspect of the political machine. Instead of focusing on his policies and actions, people grab for anything they can to "prove" that Obama is a bad guy. He's hands down the most eloquent, logical, and above all reasonable president we've had since Bill Clinton. Whatever disagreements I may have with his policy decisions, I can at least see that he's trying to work within the system to accomplish some positive things. He may be going about it the wrong way, but then again, I don't have responsibility for an entire country (and in a larger sense, the world) on my shoulders, so I can't sit here and say that I'd do any better, and neither can you.

Edit: wow just noticed the date on this post, sorry for Necroposting.

Last edited by clokverkorange; 03-09-2011 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: necroposted

Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,414,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clokverkorange View Post
The media blows personal relationships way out of proportion. I have friends that I've known for 15 years that have wildly different political views than I do, we can still go out to lunch or sit and watch the game. Just because I have a friend that's a staunch Republican doesn't mean that I sit at my desk and make decisions based on their opinions, which is largely what I'm guessing the situation with Pr. Obama is like. He is charismatic, affable, and highly intelligent - all qualities that would make anyone gravitate towards him socially, regardless of their political beliefs. Despite what the media would have you believe, politicians are not politicians all the time. They also sometimes grab a burger or sit and watch the game, belive it or not. People are complex organisms...not black and white carbon copies that you can pigeonhole.

Turn off your rhetoric and turn on your reason, if only for a moment. Would you want someone to judge you based on the actions of a friend, whose actions and opinions you have no control over? Come on, man, grow up a little.

Further, way to focus on the exact wrong aspect of the political machine. Instead of focusing on his policies and actions, people grab for anything they can to "prove" that Obama is a bad guy. He's hands down the most eloquent, logical, and above all reasonable president we've had since Bill Clinton. Whatever disagreements I may have with his policy decisions, I can at least see that he's trying to work within the system to accomplish some positive things. He may be going about it the wrong way, but then again, I don't have responsibility for an entire country (and in a larger sense, the world) on my shoulders, so I can't sit here and say that I'd do any better, and neither can you.

You just reminded the OP how right they were, now that the future is here and the damage has been done.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,312,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
It is Palin's turn. This shall pass.
It has not yet, over two years later.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:30 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,876,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clokverkorange View Post

Oh please, so your Republican friends are analogous to Obama's DOMESTIC TERRORIST friends? I don't think so, sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies