Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

More double standards about Gov Palin given money for clothes
and no one cares who Obama has had for years as his left wing radical
friends that hate America?
Why is it that Obama has tried to pass himself off as one person, when clearly he has another side to him?
Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Obama has been bashed for a long time now regarding his "friends" as you so put it. It is Palin's turn. This shall pass.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Obama...in the spotlight since last year...........Palin...in the spotlight since last month.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:11 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Neither one are big deals at all. But when the Republicans call Obama elitist and make big deals out of every little thing, they should expect the same for McCain and Palin. It's just tit for tat.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
McCain is the one who claims to be against un-necessary spending. 150k for clothes in un-necessary. That's the story.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
And Obama's associations have been investigated and discussed ad nauseaum. Nothing has come of it.

But when our US economy is crashing, people are losing their homes, jobs are being lost, people's retirement accounts are tanking and all of our futures are at risk, hearing that $150K was spent at the highest end department stores in this country so Palin and her family can "look nice" it's pretty pathetic.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Why is it that Obama has tried to pass himself off as one person, when clearly he has another side to him?
Why is that?
Lets talk about Sarah Palin's anti-American friends in the radical Alaskan succesionist group. Why would she even speak before a group that says horrible things about our country.

The leader of the group, who was murdered BTW said this and worse.

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

Palin spoke to this group knowing these things were said. On top of that she attended numerous events in this group. Her husband was a member of this group for years. So spare me the stories about Obama's so called friends. You talk about left extreme....Sarah and her friends are the far right extreme.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Calling Obama's friends "his left wing radical friends that hate America" is a baseless statement. Take a look at how many of Nixon's Nazis went on to criminal convictions. Most radicals of the time cared deeply for America and despised what people like Nixon were doing to it. While I don't condone some of their actions, saying they hate(d) America is baseless blather.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 AM

493 posts, read 717,486 times
The McCain campaign is being hypocritical, saying one thing and doing another is substantive, while Senator Obama being attacked for only having been acquainted with people who offend the mainstream is not!

Point is that Senator Obama is not running around being hypocritical or lying, he is being himself and being honest. Even O'Reilly has given him respect for that twice now!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Why is that?

By doing this many media outlets and journalist are thinking they are smart in the short term, but in the long term they will loose out on advertisement deals, since many people like you and me are not watching these programs any more and aren't reading these magazines any more....all short term stupid business decisions!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies