Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM

471 posts, read 1,475,293 times

Advertisements

I'm in the suburbs of Manhattan, and, there are TONS of manhattan people buying houses. It's funny. Some of them buy houses, knock them down, and then build bigger ones on them. And, they usually have -very- little property compared to some property before.

NYC stands as the financial capital of the world. No important corp is going to relocate south. Especially after that hurricane hit Georgia. That'd make me think twice.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:46 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yeah, but, do we really want them in our states??
No, these liberals move to places and vote for the same types of people they did at their previous location. They flee places like NJ for PA or NC, MA for NH...then vote for people who increase taxes, regulations, and nanny-state laws.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:30 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
No, these liberals move to places and vote for the same types of people they did at their previous location. They flee places like NJ for PA or NC, MA for NH...then vote for people who increase taxes, regulations, and nanny-state laws.
So this might not help you after all ;-) We can already see some states turning purple, which is great news!

Things are pretty good up here in MA, despite some people leaving. House prices haven't taken as much of a hit here as in many other places, and I doubt that I would even consider moving to one of the red states.

Go Blue! (Except for the Wolverines)

Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
I'm in the suburbs of Manhattan, and, there are TONS of manhattan people buying houses. It's funny. Some of them buy houses, knock them down, and then build bigger ones on them. And, they usually have -very- little property compared to some property before.

NYC stands as the financial capital of the world. No important corp is going to relocate south. Especially after that hurricane hit Georgia. That'd make me think twice.
Many companies are moving West - where there is no snow nor hurricanes nor tornados. Where the cost of living for their employees is lower and the quality of life is higher.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Purple is the color of love!

Quote:
Many companies are moving West - where there is no snow nor hurricanes nor tornados. Where the cost of living for their employees is lower and the quality of life is higher.
Ha. Snow in NYC is a joke.

Anyway. Can you honestly say that the financial capital of the world will fall in a few years because "all the companies" want to move west?

I think you are forgetting that NYC is also big on Fashion and Art.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
It doesn't help me at all, I live in NJ and see the effects of it.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Ha. Snow in NYC is a joke.

Anyway. Can you honestly say that the financial capital of the world will fall in a few years because "all the companies" why to move west?

I think you are forgetting that NYC is also big on Fashion and Art.
A) I never said all companies - did I?

B) You also forget that cities like San Fran are big on Fashion and Art

C) You have never been to the west -

Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A) I never said all companies - did I?

B) You also forget that cities like San Fran are big on Fashion and Art

C) You have never been to the west -
Is San Fran considered the capital of the world in Fashion?

I may not want this to happen, but, I really don't see how the big corps would even think to leave NYC. A Wall Street address is worth a billion bucks.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:40 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
I dont want a purple, blue or red state. I want free states. With less taxes and less government. Red states have become facists, blue states are communists and purple states are mix of both which is even worse.

Live free or Die is state!!

Yes I know I live in NJ and please don't remind me of how bad it is.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:40 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,429 times
Quote:
Is San Fran considered the capital of the world in Fashion?

I may not want this to happen, but, I really don't see how the big corps would even think to leave NYC. A Wall Street address is worth a billion bucks.
I thought San Fran had earth quakes? :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies