Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,473,531 times

Advertisements

To whoever gave me the negative rep point for being "offensive", thanks for reminding me- I left hypocrisy off my list of why Republicans are on the way to fringe-dom

Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,362,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoint View Post
I could'nt be happier, all of the big blue liberal cities in the U.S. with Seattle the exception, are hemmorhaging people to red states like never
before,
So those red states will start to turn purple with all those blue minded people moving in. Or does your information state that it is only red minded people who are moving. Was an exit interview done with every person leaving to see what their political affiliation was?

Quote:
not only is your tax base dwindling, but after the 2010 census, you will be losing house and senate seats.
Losing house seats is a possiblity but each state will always have one Representative (Article 1, section 2), but the Senate seats will always be the same with 2 per state (Article 1, section 3). But that’s still assuming that people are only leaving and none are coming in.

Quote:
Statistics don't lie, and your cities will die. Peace out.
That’s only when you think people are leaving and not one is coming in to take their place. I hope you enjoy your purple state with all those Blues moving in. Cities will die? What did the Gold Rush already peak and so the cities will be ghost towns?

Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 AM

9,873 posts, read 10,783,840 times
there is one big problem with this all those liberals are moving in and contaminating the red states.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,050,903 times
Somehow I just don't quite see New York, Chicago, San Fransisco, or LA with tumbleweeds blowing down the streets anytime soon.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,608,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeagley View Post
there is one big problem with this all those liberals are moving in and contaminating the red states.
We're takin over. Just yesterday I was looking at a nice colonial in Paducah, Kentucky

Seriously though, I think both sides can benefit from the influence of the other. That might bring this country a little more toward the middle on the whole. As it stands now, the partisanship is out of control. Both sides are missing the boat IMHO.

-TT

Old 02-17-2007, 11:19 AM

484 posts, read 1,940,508 times
Immigration has always changed nations. Why wouldn't it change cities?

Old 02-17-2007, 11:28 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,124,120 times
What I find endlessly interesting in the "state" threads is the number of big city people who are looking for diversity in other areas. People from Chicago, LA, New York City -- all looking to move to smaller areas but they still want that "big city" feel.

It'll be fun to see what this country looks like in 2012.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,608,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
What I find endlessly interesting in the "state" threads is the number of big city people who are looking for diversity in other areas. People from Chicago, LA, New York City -- all looking to move to smaller areas but they still want that "big city" feel.

It'll be fun to see what this country looks like in 2012.
I had that problem when I left NYC. I wasn't nuts about it, but I'm still a little disgusted that finding a decent restaurant is harder than finding Osama.

Culture is something that grows in a petri dish.

Art is a guy named Arthur who sells potatoes on the side of the road.

Music appreciation always involves a radio.

A "park" is just an open piece of land.

Heroes are hoagies.

Pretzels instead of bagels.

Mustard is the new ketchup.

Proper tailgating is on the driver's test.

The list goes on, lol.

Do I want to bring NY here? No, I wouldn't do that to NY. However, it would be nice to get a decent bagel in the morning and maybe go through an entire year without being rear-ended.

Where am I? South-East PA Only 100 miles away believe it or not.

-TT

Old 02-17-2007, 11:55 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,425,161 times
Quote:
there is one big problem with this all those liberals are moving in and contaminating the red states
This is pretty cute. I do have one question. What have "conservatives" done for America?

"liberal"s gave us harbors, navigation systems, Coast Guard, transcontinental railroads, freeways, Forest Service, National Parks, Clean water, clean air, and end to clear cutting, wildlife refuges, must be something I missed, Oh yes,, Victory in WWII

Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,421,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
We're takin over. Just yesterday I was looking at a nice colonial in Paducah, Kentucky

Seriously though, I think both sides can benefit from the influence of the other. That might bring this country a little more toward the middle on the whole. As it stands now, the partisanship is out of control. Both sides are missing the boat IMHO.

-TT
You couldnt be more right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies