Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 06:17 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,473,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoint View Post
The GOP did not get its head handed to it, the DEMS won by very small margins, If you look at hx midterm/second term Mr Bush actually did better then the majority of past presidents. You appear to me ,to be reading to many far left blogs and their ********** talking points where you all agree with each other, try to be a little more progressive in your approach to politics.
Please tell me, then, how many seats Democrats failed to hold, then tell me how many seats Republicans failed to hold. The shift in Congress was greater than the so-called "historic" landslide the GOP claimed in 1994.

Denying reality doesn't change it, my friend. Step outside of the Fox News echo chamber and into the light...

Old 02-17-2007, 06:21 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,425,161 times
It is of course, an logic fallacy to think that there are no liberals who subscribe to Roosevelts rugged liberalism.

To think somehow that liberals are a bunch of wienies is just plain silly.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:29 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,149,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
I think this is a powerful idea. We should be able to pick & choose which government-sponsored charities we wish to fund with our tax dollars.

In addition to contributions to Welfare, I'd love to see wars, corporate bailouts like the S&Ls/hedge funds, farm subsidies, make-work pork projects and foreign aid to dictators all funded on a voluntary basis.
Ummm, may I please shift my war taxes to Headstart programs?

Old 02-17-2007, 06:43 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,084,598 times
Quote:
I think this is a powerful idea. We should be able to pick & choose which government-sponsored charities we wish to fund with our tax dollars.

In addition to contributions to Welfare, I'd love to see wars, corporate bailouts like the S&Ls/hedge funds, farm subsidies, make-work pork projects and foreign aid to dictators all funded on a voluntary basis.
I've always said the 1040 should include a "pie chart" where the taxpayer could funnel his/her hard earned $$$ to the channel(s) he/she felt most appropriate.

Nutty, I know....

Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Ummm, may I please shift my war taxes to Headstart programs?
I'd like to shift my war taxes and my corporate bailout taxes and my farm subsidy taxes and my pork project taxes all to Medicaid. (Oh! And all those other taxes too!)

Can I do that?

Old 02-18-2007, 07:05 PM

500 posts, read 2,855,855 times
What is awfully sad is that somebody here is happy because American cities are losing population. How blinded are we with politics and partisanship that instead of caring for our great country we celebrate her problems because they touch one side or the other of the political idiocy?

Sad. Very sad. I thought our love for America was stronger than our stupid hatred for liberals or conservatives.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,425,161 times
Well, look on the bright side, all them liberals is moving to the sticks and their votes will soon outweigh the local rednecks, thus providing Nationwide Democrat domination of local and national politics.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:39 PM

9,876 posts, read 10,783,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
What is awfully sad is that somebody here is happy because American cities are losing population. How blinded are we with politics and partisanship that instead of caring for our great country we celebrate her problems because they touch one side or the other of the political idiocy?

Sad. Very sad. I thought our love for America was stronger than our stupid hatred for liberals or conservatives.
you are right about it being sad , but naive and miguided about why. liberal citys are losing population because of anti business, anti family liberal policys, unfortunatly liberals moving to red states want to bring all the things that ruined the citys they left ,unions, regulations, higher taxes, whacked out social ideas, you could equate it with immigrants coming to America the greatest country on earth, and snivelling because we want them to act like Americans!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:57 PM

500 posts, read 2,855,855 times
I am not attempting to explain or justify or feel sad about the problem of our cities. I live in America's biggest city and I perfectly understand why people are leaving. I just insist on what I said:

Whatever the problems of America are, feeling good about them because they favor one's ideology is sad.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:04 PM

40 posts, read 146,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Well, look on the bright side, all them liberals is moving to the sticks and their votes will soon outweigh the local rednecks, thus providing Nationwide Democrat domination of local and national politics.
Its not the liberal who is moving to the red states, its moderates and conservatives who are creating the migration patterns. Liberals lack the backbone and intestinal fortitude to make such a move, they only feel comfortable around people like themselves. Eventually these cities well
be very segregated with three types of people, rich liberals, poor liberals
and new illegals. Studies have shown that illegals who have resided in this country for more then 3 years are actually migrating as well. You can try to
call me names, rationalize, distort, but the census bureau is non partisan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies