Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 03:37 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,840,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The person that punched her was angry about ACORN. How does this relate to McCain?
It relates to McCain as much as the attack on the young woman in Pittsburgh relates to Barack Obama.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-dorchen/obama-canvasser-punched-i_b_136003.html"]Jeff Dorchen: Obama Canvasser Punched in the Face[/URL]

Is everyone upset now that McCain and his lies and smears have people upset people on both sides?

This need to stop.
I agree. What's sad is that this almost happened to me. A man began yelling about ACORN after my partner (we went out in pairs) knocked on his door. So I won't canvas for Obama any more, although most people I met were very polite. It only takes one nutcase however. After Sheriff Mike Scott spoke at that Palin rally in Estero, a woman I know was run off the road because of her Obama signs. Fortunately, the man in the pickup was just trying to frighten her, gave her the finger and drove away.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:41 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
The person that punched her was angry about ACORN. How does this relate to McCain?
duh read the story, dont be coy

Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM

877 posts, read 2,078,097 times
Is this another totally unreliable source?

Woman: Robber cut face over McCain sticker on car

Obviously the people being dismissive of the story on Drudge are just unwilling to acknowledge that he is scooping the major media...again.

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. What's sad is that this almost happened to me. A man began yelling about ACORN after my partner (we went out in pairs) knocked on his door. So I won't canvas for Obama any more, although most people I met were very polite. It only takes one nutcase however. After Sheriff Mike Scott spoke at that Palin rally in Estero, a woman I know was run off the road because of her Obama signs. Fortunately, the man in the pickup was just trying to frighten her, gave her the finger and drove away.
I'm sorry. We had a woman run off the road here too for her Obama sticker.

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Why is the B backwards?

(remember Geraldo?)

Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
This will be my last post until we get more information about this story that's official. How did a web site get a photo when the police said they aren't releasing any information because she's too upset and they want to protect her privacy? It could be lipstick for all we know.

Even if this is totally true, which is sad, crimes occur every day of the week. It has nothing to do with Obama. The KKK endorsed McCain. It doesn't mean he supports the KKK (even though his attacks have been very hateful) Obama has always encouraged his supporters to respect McCain and even quiets down the crowd when they boo.

I just read the report from the AP and it was 9PM when she was alone at an ATM in an unfamiliar area. Huh? I won't even go to the drive-up ATM up the road in my own neighborhood at that hour, and I live in a very safe area near the beach. However, as I wrote before, I don't want to blame a victim ... even if she was stupid. Nobody asks to be assaulted.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-23-2008 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Look people, chill out, settle down, mellow out, whatever...! I am not making a request, I'm telling you. Feel free to discuss this breaking news story but if people insist on making it about each other then I will close this down in a heartbeat and any mention of it to follow... Dig? Are we clear?

Old 10-23-2008, 03:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Obama used the person that said "kill him" as a political agenda. Thing is that didn't happen. This did.
I certainly don't think this one incident is representative of all supporters, but the complete denial and spin from people here is just plain stupid. An unsupported and eventually proven false claim about the "Kill him" at the rally was used by many people here as proof that the right was nothing more than inbred hillbilly racists. And then when an actual event happens, they turn around and brush it off complaining about people trying to claim that all Obama supporters are that way.

The amount of double standards here is insane. People are as stupid and self serving as they come.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Why is the B backwards?

(remember Geraldo?)
I was wondering the same thing. I'd bet there's some gang in the area that uses a backwards B as it's symbol- the whole story seems rather odd otherwise. "I'm gonna rob you! Oh, wait, you've got a McCain sticker on your car! You one of doze McCain supporters! Instead of just robbin' you, I'm gonna carve a B in your face". Something just doesn't add up.

Of course, the assault and the deed itself is terrible in any event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies