Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpotsie View Post
If you have never walked in a gay person's shoes, you do not know what is "natural" to them. By making a statement like that, you are under the assumption that gay people cannot commit, or that it is all about sex! You should have seen a lot of the people getting married in Massachusetts have been together for 25-30 years!!!! It's just about equal rights...that's all! Separation of chuch and state ended a long time ago. Just because we have a moron in the Whitehouse who does not realize that, doesn't make it ok to be a homopobe. By the way, it sounds like you have given this "sex withother guys" a lot of thought. It sounds like maybe you'rre thinking about it too much if you are only thinking about the sexual act. Are you sure ur not gay?
i dont wanna walk in a gay persons shoes to begin with
and if being gay was natural evrybody would be gay and you ppl would never have faced discrimination in the first place i didnt say nothing bout u not being able to commit i said according to my religion its wrong and its not just the president that feels disguted by u and ur ppl its most of the ppl in the world he just has the guts to say it on national television its only now that evrybody feels so scared that they will be labeled homophobic and are just humoring u
and of course i've given sex with guys a thought i'm a girl and i have a daughter babys dont come from a stork or cabbage patch as for thinking about guys with other guys yes it would cross my mind
if i was looking for a way to throwup and be sick with nauseau

Old 02-26-2007, 02:02 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
Who the hell are you to tell me what desires I was born with? Who do you people think you are?

Because you choose to be ignorant about the advancements in science and genetic understanding, and rather rely on some bogus book about the "word of God", you think you can pass judgement on me?
hey
dont get mad at him or her just because you dont like what they said
thats there personal feelings obviously by starting this post you were gonna hear a remark like that and if u didnt think that when putting up this post thats pretty stupid
u cant have ur cake and eat it to
and to call the bible bogus thats just as wrong just because u dont like what it said dont bash somebodys religion

Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 AM

702 posts, read 2,525,476 times
It's wrong for YOU to call the bible bogus. That doesn't mean it's inherently wrong to do it. That's the problem I have with Christians, even the nice, level headed ones...they often forget that everyone isn't like them and that the world is full of assorted beliefs that have nothing to do with Christianity.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Why are gays so hated?

I don't believe gays are hated. To hate is the same as murder. I would say their practice is immoral, disgusting, sinful, and totaly unatural. They just need help that's all.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:17 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Why are gays so hated? ...I would say their practice is immoral, disgusting, sinful, and totaly unatural. They just need help that's all.
That could describe married swingers, IMO (Used to be a couple in our old neighborhood; only knew because one of their tapes got sent to a neighbor's house by mistake and it was opened without looking at the address !! ).

Always had gay friends. Had more gay guy friends who were nicer friends than my girlfriends. One of our best friends used to make no secret of what he thought of my hubby because we were friends.
Imagine another female saying what our buddy could ...

Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Default O M G !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJohn View Post
Nobody is born gay, just like nobody is born straight.
Put it this way if scientist decided to do a very sick and twisted experiment starting on a person at birth and raising them in an isolated environment you could create a gay person. You could surround them with gay people. Present guy types of movies and images. Show them nothing but gay relationships then they would think gay was normal.
Oh well. I'm sure many people disagree with me even though I am right.
I think this experiment has happened in reverse!!! wow! and you are almost right!! except in this experiment **which actually happened!!! gay people were raised by straight parents and in straight environments! And even weirder, some people have insightful intelligent parents surrounded by good schools and wholesome communities and still end up being IDIOTS!!!! what's up with that ??!!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Default What's "natural"?

To me, to go with girls. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about what people with different tastes do. When I lived in SF, I wanted to have a bumper sticker made up that said THANK YOU FOR NOT BORING ME WITH THE DETAILS OF YOUR SEX LIFE.

Not too long ago, there was a story in the paper about gay penguins in the Berlin Zoo. I kid you not. The zookeepers were trying to get them to go straight, so they would, well, make little penguins.

The German gay community had a fit! Trying to make penguins straight! We're next!

The whole thing made me laugh fit to split.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
At least no one hates us asexuals. And for me all sex is equally boring, I would have a hard time producing a family if it came down to it. Perhaps that's why the whole gay thing doesn't bother me.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Amen, Tallrick. There is such a wide continuum of behaviors, why do people even sweat it. I am chaste for religious reasons. Its such a non-issue for me from all standpoints. I could care less who does what and who hates what and why.

And I still tend to agree with the old saying, "how you percieve the world is colored more by what's behind your eyes, than what is in front of them."

Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM

63 posts, read 343,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I think this experiment has happened in reverse!!! wow! and you are almost right!! except in this experiment **which actually happened!!! gay people were raised by straight parents and in straight environments! And even weirder, some people have insightful intelligent parents surrounded by good schools and wholesome communities and still end up being IDIOTS!!!! what's up with that ??!!
Actually, sorry but you are wrong, people aren't raised in a bubble. So you don't know what these socalled children that were raised in a straight environment may have experienced. In my example of conducting a sick experiment as I said it would have to be a controlled environment in which all influences were known. Not where a child may be, for example being molested at the babysitters house, or maybe even some other small influence. So try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies