Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
It' not about hate. It's about families and values. I slide both ways on the issue.

WOULD YOU VOLUNTARILY RAISE YOUR DAUGHTER IN AN APARTMENT NEXT DOOR TO A GAY COUPLE?

..Do you think that she is going to feel comfortable there?
She sure will be curious and full of questions. (Homosexual education to a six-year old... ..Is that such a good idea?)

Do you think that promoting homosexuality is good for the economy?
-No.

Do you think that promoting homosexuality is good for the continuance of the human race?
-No.

We can accept gays, but we shouldn't be promoting and teaching our kids about it. If we give them marriage will we see an increase in gays, and therefore- have to educate more kids on it? Hetereosexuality is vital to this world.
Teaching kids about homosexuality? Newsflash: it doesn't matter whether you teach them or not, if they're gay they're gay! Homosexuality isn't some kind of movement or agenda. IT'S A GENETIC PREFERENCE.

Whether you "promote" homosexuality or not, it will still exist. It has existed and will continue to exist.

Last edited by Jammie; 02-18-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: off topic words

Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
My views are similar. I believe that homosexuality is wrong, but I don't hate the gay people.
Why is being gay wrong? Because the Bible (a book written 2000 years ago by a bunch of men) tells you so? Maybe you'd think differently if a loved one were gay....you'd see first hand it isn't a choice.

I refuse to admit the feelings I were born with "are wrong". They are just as valid as heterosexual feelings.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM

40 posts, read 147,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratman5 View Post
Why is being gay wrong? Because the Bible (a book written 2000 years ago by a bunch of men) tells you so? Maybe you'd think differently if a loved one were gay....you'd see first hand it isn't a choice.

I refuse to admit the feelings I were born with "are wrong". They are just as valid as heterosexual feelings.
Its a choice of a lifestyle, you are not born with these desires.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
[quote=RedWingsFan;379834]Most people don't know their gay until it's pointed out.

WHAT? Like, "Jimmy, IMHO, you are predisposed to love men." Come on, you can't believe your statement....

1. that they try to shove their lifestyle down the throats of others, like pushing for gay marriage.

2. people dislike it when gays make an issue about themselves being gay! Like pushing for gay marriage, wanting to be recognized as gay, acting flamingly gay (not that all gays do this). But people who are straight are bothered by people "flauting" their gayness in front of them because it's something that goes against their moral beliefs.

On one hand you state that they shove their lifestyle down the throats of others (I won't even start a riff on the Freudian nature of that comment and what it may say about.. well, anyway....

then you state that people dislike that they make an issue of their gayness. I think that it's just the opposite. They don't want to make it an issue- they want to be just like straight people, with full legal rights.

But again, just because I am not for gay marriage or think some of the things they do to tell everyone they are gay is silly, doesn't mean I hate them. I don't.

No, you just want to keep them as second class citizens.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,336 times
No, if they did their business in their bedrooms and left it at that it would not be an issue for the masses.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:08 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
You are so ignorant. Teaching kids about homosexuality? Newsflash: it doesn't matter whether you teach them or not, if they're gay they're gay! Homosexuality isn't some kind of movement or agenda. IT'S A GENETIC PREFERENCE.

Whether you "promote" homosexuality or not, it will still exist. It has existed and will continue to exist.
that dog wont hunt! there are all kinds of people born with all kinds of mental and physical problems and they arent trying to force there condition on everyone else. bottom line is there always has been homosexuals, there always will be homosexuals, same as every other deviant and destructive BEHAVIOR, but we certainly dont have to condone or encourage it!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoint View Post
Its a choice of a lifestyle, you are not born with these desires.
Who the hell are you to tell me what desires I was born with? Who do you people think you are?

Because you choose to be ignorant about the advancements in science and genetic understanding, and rather rely on some bogus book about the "word of God", you think you can pass judgement on me?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Explain to me how a sex act can define who someone is? Not all men practice that act.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Question actually-

Quote:
I need real answers here, and really wish people would stop bsing the issue. I know that a good majority of Americans (including you, RWF. I've seen your posts on blacks and gays) are uncomfortable with homosexuality.

Is it religion? Is it disgust? I admit even sometimes I think, how can two men or two women be attracted to eachother....and even feel disgust by it. But then, that's who I am.

I just want people to understand it is not a choice. If I could be hetero. I would. I think all gays would.
I don't get it either!!. Why are people threatened? And why, in America do people listen to ranting psychos like Jerry Fallwell?.

I have friends who are gay, bi; etc. It personally makes no difference to me. I also feel people should live and let live.

sunny.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:38 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Explain to me how a sex act can define who someone is? Not all men practice that act.
you have defined yourself as gay, by definition your idenity is your sexual behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies