Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times

Advertisements

'The Post-American World'

Do you see what he's reading!Pass this on!This certainly makes one question the whole candidate and what he says!

This SHOULD open your eyes.What is it that Obama does read?Obama
...is reading 'The Post-American World' -- IT IS THE MUSLIM/ISLAMIC VIEW TO DESTROY AMERICA FROM WITHIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
It'a amazing what can be done with photoshop.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
What went through photoshop?

Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
Just to clarify,I'm saying it's phoney.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify,I'm saying it's phoney.
You have the right to your own opinions.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM

59 posts, read 91,744 times
That is the standard answer (from the left) when you catch photo proof. Or is it the standard when the right catches Photo shopping as in 9-11 conspirators films? Doesn't matter what he reads any way. If I got paid millions to sit on my butt all day riding in a jet I would read my enemies books and my allies to learn, gain insight, etc. Maybe he is trying to gleen(spelling?) from it why the muslims believe he is the Messiah and Bin Laden is the Caffe(spelling).

Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
BTW..if you want to find out where the Pic came from..right click the photo, click "properties" and you will see that it came from "Photo Bucket". where I uploaded it from my email in order to give it a valid link.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:34 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
OK--

1. Snopes is your friend. Use it every time you get an email forwarded to you and a hundred other people with some sort of shocking info. It can either bolster your case or keep you from looking like a doofus.

2. The photo is real and not photoshopped.

3. The book is not necessarily as described in the email that you got. Please see below.

Linkie: snopes.com: What Does Obama Read?

Snippet:

"...The following review (from Publishers Weekly) summarizes the thesis of The Post-American World:

When a book proclaims that it is not about the decline of America but the rise of everyone else, readers might expect another diatribe about our dismal post-9/11 world.

They are in for a pleasant surprise as Newsweek editor and popular pundit Zakaria (The Future of Freedom) delivers a stimulating, largely optimistic forecast of where the 21st century is heading. We are living in a peaceful era, he maintains; world violence peaked around 1990 and has plummeted to a record low. Burgeoning prosperity has spread to the developing world, raising standards of living in Brazil, India, China and Indonesia.

Twenty years ago China discarded Soviet economics but not its politics, leading to a wildly effective, top-down, scorched-earth boom. Its political antithesis, India, also prospers while remaining a chaotic, inefficient democracy, as Indian elected officials are (generally) loathe to use the brutally efficient tactics that are the staple of Chinese governance. Paradoxically, India's greatest asset is its relative stability in the region; its officials take an unruly population for granted, while dissent produces paranoia in Chinese leaders.

Zakaria predicts that despite its record of recent blunders at home and abroad, America will stay strong, buoyed by a stellar educational system and the influx of young immigrants, who give the U.S. a more youthful demographic than Europe and much of Asia whose workers support an increasing population of unproductive elderly. A lucid, thought-provoking appraisal of world affairs, this book will engage readers on both sides of the political spectrum..."

Old 10-26-2008, 06:38 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
I told ya'll that he was gonna sell America down the river!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Not worried. We are all entitled to read whatever we want - unless we are only allowed to read approved books. I've read excerpts of the Bible; doing so doesn't make me a Christian. But it did educate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies