Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Come o after eight years of Bush hating? Look at even the president immediately call that cop who areested his friend stuipd while at the same time sayig he knew nothing. Democrats demonized Bsh for eight years.Everytime a corrupt republican was arested they called repubicans coorupt. They immedicately deminoized the Tea party . Its hard now for them to make a case of now we are in power its time for speak no evil.This may just be Obaqma's legacy from demonizing as he certainly has been shy of labeling himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Come o after eight years of Bush hating? Look at even the president immediately call that cop who areested his friend stuipd while at the same time sayig he knew nothing. Democrats demonized Bsh for eight years.Everytime a corrupt republican was arested they called repubicans coorupt. They immedicately deminoized the Tea party . Its hard now for them to make a case of now we are in power its time for speak no evil.This may just be Obaqma's legacy from demonizing as he certainly has been shy of labeling himself.
You are in power? Since when does controlling 1/3 of the federal government mean you are in power? Bush earned a lot of what he got, some went too far but so has some of what has been thrown at Obama. If they were arrested and they were Repubs then they were corrupt, the right does the same thing every time anyone on the Left gets caught, your point is?
Casper

Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^I never hear of it. Hear them attacking Palin, and other Republicans, but not Bush. Bush is out of the picture.
if you do not hear them blaming everything on Bush you must live under a rock of someplace similar.

Nita

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Excuse me but I still hear right-handers bring up Clinton on this board they do it daily, heck it was Clinton this and Clinton that for 16 Years and counting. Bush is still relevant because we are still involved with two wars and an economy that hit near bottom all begun under HIS watch that is fact whether or not you want to admit it makes no difference. By the way bringing up Bush is not an attempt to say everything is his fault, the Dems did their fair share to get us where we are today, but a reminder that this mess did not start 2 years ago and will not be fixed overnight. We now have a more balanced government let us all hope that those actually in office are just as balanced and get to work and deal with the issues, if not 2012 is right around the corner.
Casper
not nearly to the extent the libs bring up what is or was Bush's fault, and the only time I see references to Clinton (I am generalizing, there are exceptions) is when someone starts the old crap about what Bush did wrong. Besides the subject of this thread is or was, why do the right wingers hate Obama?

Nita

Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I think the Palin bashing threads lead the Michelle Obama bashing threads by at least 10:1 on this board. The media also shows a definite bias towards going after Palin as opposed to criticizing MO. Now part of this is understandable. Anyone talking smack about MO (or any african-american) could be accused of 'racism' or a 'hate crime'.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Michelle Obama is the wife of the president--not someone who's sought major public office, put themselves in the national conversation as a pundit on conservative issues, endorsed candidates, wrote numerous books about conservative issues...etc.

Palin puts HERSELF out there as a leader.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges. Michelle Obama is the wife of the president--not someone who's sought major public office, put themselves in the national conversation as a pundit on conservative issues, endorsed candidates, wrote numerous books about conservative issues...etc.

Palin puts HERSELF out there as a leader.
Yeah, if folks want to compare attacks on Michelle Obama to attacks on someone else (and total them up) they should compare such attacks to those (if they can even find any) on Laura Bush. As you said - comparing attacks on Michelle Obama to those on Palin is pretty silly (apples to oranges). I sure don't recall attacks on Laura Bush showing up here very often. The difference is the mentality of those launching the attacks. To some folks "everyone & everything is fair game" - whether they be the actual policy makers or just someone married to the policy maker.

Ken

Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It goes further back then that. Ever hear of the term, "being Borked"? It came about after the way the dems trashed Judge John Bork when he was nominated for the Supreme Court. The dems weren't just satisfied to not have him confirmed, they trashed him personally.

How about John Tower? "Where do I go to get my reputation back?", after his nomination hearings.

Then there was the Clinton War Room. They went after anyone who dared to go against them. Ever hear of Billy Dale? The Clinton's weren't satisfied to firing him and giving the job to one of their own which they had the right to do, they had the IRS go after him.

He was exonerated of all charges.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
The problem with them is that they're strategy for winning the mid-term election was based off of blaming Obama for everything. Now that they have the House, they need to change their strategy because people won't just be blaming the Democrats now.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM

537 posts, read 818,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It goes further back then that. Ever hear of the term, "being Borked"? It came about after the way the dems trashed Judge John Bork when he was nominated for the Supreme Court. The dems weren't just satisfied to not have him confirmed, they trashed him personally.
While it was true that they were harsh, Robert Bork is pretty haughty and self-righteous.

Quote:
Then there was the Clinton War Room. They went after anyone who dared to go against them. Ever hear of Billy Dale? The Clinton's weren't satisfied to firing him and giving the job to one of their own which they had the right to do, they had the IRS go after him.

He was exonerated of all charges.
I'm pretty sure that's just an urban legend.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
Well you simply can't support such a conclusion. If this were proven to be true it wouldn't surprise me as he is the head of the Dem party, there is no singular equivalent figure on the Republican side.

I think they would say they are discussing the issues, you choose to view it a personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies