Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What % of accusations of race-based crimes do you think are valid?
I'm white and I think that most are frivilous, started by people looking for a free ride or by oversensitive minorities with a victim mentality. 15 71.43%
I'm white and I think that most are justified and based on valid cases of racism and discrimination. 4 19.05%
I'm a minority and I think that most are frivilous, started by people looking for a free ride or by oversensitive minorities with a victim mentality. 2 9.52%
I'm a minority and I think that most are justified and based on valid cases of racism and discrimination. 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 PM

488 posts, read 819,689 times

Advertisements

With all of the talk of racism on this board, I thought a poll like this might reveal some interesting differences in perception. The alleged crimes could include violent hate crimes, workplace discrimination, housing discrimination, insurance redlining or anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
imho its way below what people would think. i find black people far more cruel and violent to each other than they are to white people despite all the talk of black on white hatred.
black on black violence in 1 year kills more colored folks than all the lynchings in the history of american.(jesse jackson) the sky is cryin
i have a dream.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:52 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
imho its way below what people would think. i find black people far more cruel and violent to each other than they are to white people despite all the talk of black on white hatred.
black on black violence in 1 year kills more colored folks than all the lynchings in the history of american.(jesse jackson) the sky is cryin
i have a dream.
You got that right. The media will have a field day with white on black violence, but there's huge amounts of black on black violence in America's cities everyday, yet it's so routine that the media hardly notices. Strange?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
Quote:
You got that right. The media will have a field day with white on black violence, but there's huge amounts of black on black violence in America's cities everyday, yet it's so routine that the media hardly notices. Strange?
That is because the leftwing liberal media does not see black on black crime as juicy news stories that are worthy of being covered, unless ofcourse a celebrity is involved like in the case of Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew all being murdered.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times
By the way that poll looks, I'm guessing the majority of you feel that African Americans are the ones playing "victims" and causing the most trouble?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
By the way that poll looks, I'm guessing the majority of you feel that African Americans are the ones playing "victims" and causing the most trouble?
That's always been my assumption and most people I know agree with it.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:03 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
Quote:
That's always been my assumption and most people I know agree with it.
True but most won't say out in public though, only behind closed doors because they don't want to be labeled a racist by people who are way too oversensitive when it comes to this subject.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
True but most won't say out in public though, only behind closed doors because they don't want to be labeled a racist by people who are way too oversensitive when it comes to this subject.
I agree with you Jeff, but I tend to be rather outspoken and don't like holding back in the name of political correctness. Speaking the truth isn't the problem, it's peoples reaction to it. Yes, my sometimes blunt way of putting things has gotten me into trouble a couple of times - oh well.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
I dont necesarilly think its most colored or other minorities as much as their activists. People like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & other minority activists need to keep things buzzing, its not in their best interest for people to conclude that racism isn't running rampant.
I'v long held that these activists are really the biggest hurdle facing monorities today.
Once a person gets beyond the fairy tale that they cannot suceed they usually find its not all that bad.

Tens of thousands of minority doctors, lawyers, judges, politicians, buisnessmen, blue collar workers & others are proof of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies