Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times

Advertisements

To which many of us can only say, GOOD!.

Sadie Fields, an untra-conservative Chrisian, and head of the Georgia Christian Alliance, says she's frightened of an Obama Presidency and we should all be too! I guess if McCain had campaigned in GA we would have been treated to this gasbag making an a** of herself on the stage too.

Hearing this reminded me of one of George Wallace's oft repeated lines during the '68 campaign; "I'm running to return America to its 'rightful owners', ". A British reporter's comments on this line were along the lines of, "I guess the rightful owners are illiterate, Confederate flag waving yahoos". (In "Brit speak", the word "yahoo" is not a compliment)

There is an excellent article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution (ajc dot com) by Cynthia Tucker quoting Ms Fields that says it all much better than I could, but Ms Tucker has a different outlook than I, or Ms Fields for that matter. Fields and I grew up as whites in the south, Ms Tucker is Black.

Because I think it's important for everyone to read the whole article I'll just quote the one line that Ms Tucker repeats several times; I do not mourn the passing of that America". To which I can only add, amen!

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies