Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,364,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I'm just pointing out how the US has flown under the radar with these "conflicts" and "operations" over the years. We all know what the truth is. I'm just curious how the US gets to ignore the 400lb gorilla in the room. These were/are wars by any sane person's definition.
True, just because a government doesn’t declare it is a war doesn’t make it the truth. Can you imagine a similar scenario in a murder trial?

Defendant – “No your Honor, I did not murder anyone. The alleged victim and I had a mutual conflict over the standing on life. My adversary was not successful in their position and subsequently expired due to my influence on the termination. “

Judge – “Case Dismissed”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,471,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
True, just because a government doesn’t declare it is a war doesn’t make it the truth. Can you imagine a similar scenario in a murder trial?

Defendant – “No your Honor, I did not murder anyone. The alleged victim and I had a mutual conflict over the standing on life. My adversary was not successful in their position and subsequently expired due to my influence on the termination. “

Judge – “Case Dismissed”
LMFAO I want you for a lawyer. LOL

Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,545,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
I find it interesting that so many people are fleeing the liberal states and moving to the more conservative states. Ever looked at a state ie California and see what the state has become? Who takes responsibilty for that?

Living in NC my entire life I have never encountered so many people before who are leaving in droves the states of NJ, NY, CA, etc... to the places like NC, SC, GA, TN,. The reason most say is they want the slower pace of life, and to get out of ridiculously high cost of living in these liberal states.
The cost of living is high because demand is high.
Just wait a few years, if the big increase in population in NC continues than it will become a liberal state (for the first time, although NC is more moderate than other Southern states) and a solidly Dem state (again)

Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,076,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The cost of living is high because demand is high.
Just wait a few years, if the big increase in population in NC continues than it will become a liberal state (for the first time, although NC is more moderate than other Southern states) and a solidly Dem state (again)

I really dont see NC becoming a Democrat state again. It was a Democrat state until both parties kind of flipped on the issues. Believe me a Democrat from NC is far more conservative than a Dem from NY.

The cost of living is high is because the state and local governments up north tax people to death and create unreasonable social programs. The politicians have no back bone and cave into anyones demand.

The growth to NC certainly doesnt consist of just liberal democrats, in fact Im inclined to believe besides jobs it actually is the conservatism that draws people to it.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM

29 posts, read 70,693 times
Just thought I would point out that after reading all 26 pages of this I am disgusted by some of the comments. I consider myself a conservative however I am open minded, not a homo phobe (as some liberals like to call conservatives), and I don't attend church (for all the libs that call us bible thumpers). It is appalling that we need to get into the discussion of who did what! If you want to go there...lets discuss the deficit being reduced in the past 4 years more so ever than it was with Clinton. Technically if you want to go by todays standards of what makes a conservative or liberal, Kennedy would be considered a conservative! I don't think we can make the distinction on such a broad term base. I am not a fear driven or hate driven person. I see what is happening to the country and I see how the liberals choose to handle war and terrorism and that makes me sad. Our country is like a huge daycare full of whiny 2 year olds (ON BOTH SIDES) with nothing better to do than sit around and point fingers. How about our country grows up? All we do is blame the big bad parent...ie the president/government be it liberal or conservative! I will not on personal preference bash any person in office because it is disrespectful however I can question them as anyone should. Lastly, just because it is expected of me here is my liberal bashing quote of the day "Leftwing loonies....God's way of making a joke of humanity!" Thus said who ever heard of a friggin dog bill of rights!!!! Enough already!

Old 03-04-2007, 05:39 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,130,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginnis12878 View Post
...lets discuss the deficit being reduced in the past 4 years more so ever than it was with Clinton.
Um...the deficit has ballooned by about a trillion a year since Bush took office. Where on earth did you read that it was being reduced? Lower taxes (for the wealthy and corporations) + increased spending (for a couple unnecessary wars) = debt beyond comprehension.

Back to the topic...both liberals and conservatives have done nothing for America because neither really exists. While both apparent opposite sides are fighting each other, the corporations and bankers got their way by decimating the environment, outsourcing every job imaginable, and laughing all the way to the bank. Social issues like abortion and gay marriage are the political beach balls used to divide and distract us while the real actions (crimes) are committed, often in plain view and with scant media attention.

Liberals (whoever they are) and conservatives (whoever they are) will never accomplish their 'goals' because that's not what game is being played. The Republicans and Democrats are not opposites--they are the same party, financed by the same corporations. Their differing views and opinions are a ruse to give you the illusion of choice. Liberal ideas or conservative ideas will be proposed and implemented to keep the fighting and division in place. The multi-billionaire corporations and politicos are completely NOT interested in social issues--they only want money and power. Watch as they roll the abortion dice and see how we scramble. Spray a little gay marriage in the room and watch as we picket and spit at each other. Divide and conquer, that's all it is.

The only thing that matters is your soul, your loved ones, the planet and the allowance and respect that we give those around us to coexist in this diverse world of ours.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:25 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,680,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Um...the deficit has ballooned by about a trillion a year since Bush took office. Where on earth did you read that it was being reduced? Lower taxes (for the wealthy and corporations) + increased spending (for a couple unnecessary wars) = debt beyond comprehension.

Back to the topic...both liberals and conservatives have done nothing for America because neither really exists. While both apparent opposite sides are fighting each other, the corporations and bankers got their way by decimating the environment, outsourcing every job imaginable, and laughing all the way to the bank. Social issues like abortion and gay marriage are the political beach balls used to divide and distract us while the real actions (crimes) are committed, often in plain view and with scant media attention.

Liberals (whoever they are) and conservatives (whoever they are) will never accomplish their 'goals' because that's not what game is being played. The Republicans and Democrats are not opposites--they are the same party, financed by the same corporations. Their differing views and opinions are a ruse to give you the illusion of choice. Liberal ideas or conservative ideas will be proposed and implemented to keep the fighting and division in place. The multi-billionaire corporations and politicos are completely NOT interested in social issues--they only want money and power. Watch as they roll the abortion dice and see how we scramble. Spray a little gay marriage in the room and watch as we picket and spit at each other. Divide and conquer, that's all it is.

The only thing that matters is your soul, your loved ones, the planet and the allowance and respect that we give those around us to coexist in this diverse world of ours.
After reading your conspiracy theory about Flight 93, I understand this post perfectly.
I believe you're confused about "debt" vs. "deficit". The national debt increased substantially for the first two years under Bush, primarily because of the effects from 9/11 and the War on Islamic Fascism. Since, primarily because of the tax cuts, the deficit is being reduced, meaning revenues are now higher than outlays.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:51 PM

Default yup its the deficit not the debt!

Oh god are we back to the conspiracy theory of united 93. My husband is from the NYC area and was only a few miles away when 911 happened. Needless to say he gets offended by stuff like that. I have to say I think a Guiliani/Romney ticket will be great. rudy is very middle of the road and I think that will appeal to several parties. I can't say I agree with everything he supports however he seems to understand america and how it ticks, Time will tell. Yes I was talking about the deficit (you know trade???) not the national debt. What most don't realize is when they buy their Toyota "Pious" sorry prius they are increasing our trade deficit. Shop at walmart, increase the deficit since most of it is from China. I didn't learn any of this till I went to college and took Economics. It is amazing what you learn out there! I still say we should make social security our own issue not the governments. Here's Hoping!!! One last thing, I am noticing that people love to bash midwesterners. I am appalled at that since 50% of america's population is within a 500 mile radius of the middle of missouri. Lots of voters to offend I guess....I think they are very well educated and kind. Everyone I have talked to in Missouri and Tennessee is the type that would give their shirt if you needed one! Watch whose toes you step on folks....

Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM

"Liberals (whoever they are) and conservatives (whoever they are) will never accomplish their 'goals' because that's not what game is being played. The Republicans and Democrats are not opposites--they are the same party, financed by the same corporations. Their differing views and opinions are a ruse to give you the illusion of choice. Liberal ideas or conservative ideas will be proposed and implemented to keep the fighting and division in place. The multi-billionaire corporations and politicos are completely NOT interested in social issues--they only want money and power. Watch as they roll the abortion dice and see how we scramble. Spray a little gay marriage in the room and watch as we picket and spit at each other. Divide and conquer, that's all it is."

Very well said! I couldn't have put it better myself. While I don't believe in gay marriage personally since my religion is one that doesn't condone it, I believe it should be allowed that you can add your "partner" onto health insurance and benefits. It is ridiculous that we don't! In regards to abortion, my view is that you can't eradicate it because that would cost more tax money than the current options. It is between the person and god IMO. So be it.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:47 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,680,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginnis12878 View Post
Oh god are we back to the conspiracy theory of united 93. My husband is from the NYC area and was only a few miles away when 911 happened. Needless to say he gets offended by stuff like that. I have to say I think a Guiliani/Romney ticket will be great. rudy is very middle of the road and I think that will appeal to several parties. I can't say I agree with everything he supports however he seems to understand america and how it ticks, Time will tell. Yes I was talking about the deficit (you know trade???) not the national debt. What most don't realize is when they buy their Toyota "Pious" sorry prius they are increasing our trade deficit. Shop at walmart, increase the deficit since most of it is from China. I didn't learn any of this till I went to college and took Economics. It is amazing what you learn out there! I still say we should make social security our own issue not the governments. Here's Hoping!!! One last thing, I am noticing that people love to bash midwesterners. I am appalled at that since 50% of america's population is within a 500 mile radius of the middle of missouri. Lots of voters to offend I guess....I think they are very well educated and kind. Everyone I have talked to in Missouri and Tennessee is the type that would give their shirt if you needed one! Watch whose toes you step on folks....
If you were speaking of the trade deficit have been reduced under Bush. It hasn't. It's actually increased substantially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies