Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times

Advertisements

The best alternative is setting a national agenda of becoming energy independent through the creation of new energy alternatives.

The following is from "A Lincolnian Party Vision for America":

Energy and the Environment:

Establish a National Alternative Energy Fund for research, education, and development of reduced emission and no emission fuels with the goal of establishing the United States as the world leader in this technology.

Establish a goal of making the United States energy independent by 2025.

Uphold the basic tenets of property law which allows the enjoyment an- highest and best use of a owner's property providing it doesn't infringe upon the enjoyment and highest and best use of others' property.

Restrict eminent domain use to uses that are necessary for the safety and sustainability of the community.

Education:

Provide funding for high-level mathematics and science program development and implementation in line with the National Alternative Energy initiative.

For more information go to lincolnians.com or lincolnians.org

Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
So far I've seen nothing to convince me there is an Al Qaeda. Any information that claims the enemy is growing is pure propaganda.

I just think an enemy that can contain any type of person, operates in unknown locations, and is suspected of not only committing terrorism but planning more, is a boogey man invented by government and propagated by the media. What a perfect post-Cold War enemy! Now, we'll have to fight this unseen, ever-evolving 'enemy' everywhere in the world. What a boondoogle for defense contractors and neocons!

Why do we let the media dictate who our enemies are? Were the simple rice farmers of Vietnam our enemies? Are the innocent people of a totalitarian regime in Iraq our enemies?

As others have suggested, it appears this uptick in Al Qaeda is another propaganda release.

Did anyone see the BBC Video that showed them reporting the collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11 some 23 minutes BEFORE it happened? The reporter shows the smoldering ruins of ground zero and you can clearly see WTC 7 still standing even though she claims it had been destroyed! I don't believe anything the news has to say. In my view, anyone or anything that lies to me is my enemy.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Exclamation wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So far I've seen nothing to convince me there is an Al Qaeda. Any information that claims the enemy is growing is pure propaganda.

I just think an enemy that can contain any type of person, operates in unknown locations, and is suspected of not only committing terrorism but planning more, is a boogey man invented by government and propagated by the media. What a perfect post-Cold War enemy! Now, we'll have to fight this unseen, ever-evolving 'enemy' everywhere in the world. What a boondoogle for defense contractors and neocons!

Why do we let the media dictate who our enemies are? Were the simple rice farmers of Vietnam our enemies? Are the innocent people of a totalitarian regime in Iraq our enemies?

As others have suggested, it appears this uptick in Al Qaeda is another propaganda release.

Did anyone see the BBC Video that showed them reporting the collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11 some 23 minutes BEFORE it happened? The reporter shows the smoldering ruins of ground zero and you can clearly see WTC 7 still standing even though she claims it had been destroyed! I don't believe anything the news has to say. In my view, anyone or anything that lies to me is my enemy.
That BBC thing is frightening. They also had an investigative commission on C-Span. What happened with that?

sunny

Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

Careful, there- critical thinking sometimes gets you fitted for a tinfoil hat on this board

I'm convinced that Al-Qaeda should be named Al-CIAda. You nailed it- they are the perfect boogeymen. They belong to no country, we don't know who their leaders are, we don't know where they operate from, but we DO know that they are everywhere and they're gonna get ya! Even Richard Clarke admitted that his snap judgment that 9/11 had Al-Qaeda written all over it made that assertion without a shred of proof.

And, I'd love to see Rudy make it far along in this race because eventually he's going to have to answer questions about WTC 7.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Richard Clarke also said: "the government is not sufficiently competent to pull off such conspiracies and too leaky to keep them secret."
I don't doubt for a minute that the CIA is up to all kinds of sneaky stuff.
They have been for many years.
But I don't think they were responsible for the Sept 11 attacks.
I haven't seen any conspiracy theory that has not been debunked.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times
Not surprised now that they have the full support of the Democrat party. If they get their way the democrats will win the presidency in 2008 and it will be business as usual just like when Clinton was president.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:55 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Richard Clarke also said: "the government is not sufficiently competent to pull off such conspiracies and too leaky to keep them secret."
I don't doubt for a minute that the CIA is up to all kinds of sneaky stuff.
They have been for many years.
But I don't think they were responsible for the Sept 11 attacks.
I haven't seen any conspiracy theory that has not been debunked.
That's the only thing that's prevented me from putting on a tinfoil hat of my very own. But everything we've been told about 9/11, IMO, doesn't pass the smell test. I don't know what happened, but I'm very positive that it's not what I've been told it is.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
That's the only thing that's prevented me from putting on a tinfoil hat of my very own. But everything we've been told about 9/11, IMO, doesn't pass the smell test. I don't know what happened, but I'm very positive that it's not what I've been told it is.
Agreed.
And once again, this is probably the case concerning many big USA events.
Not saying this is okay, but it's just the way it is.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
The Russians are competent. Maybe Cheney outsourced this one?

Old 03-04-2007, 03:28 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I've got to agree.

Prior to this, we were pretty good at foiling terrorist attacks on our soil (except for the domestic one in Oklahoma City). Aside from 9/11 and Oklahoma City, every other terrorist attack that has been actually accomplished here, on US soil, has been very small scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies