Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,714,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What else? You've explained NOTHING!

Just HOW can you possibly call using birth control irresponsible?

Do you belong to some mystical cult?

Or are you just a very average troll?
According to the mod that closed his other thread, "Women & Voting", he's being investigated

Trolls are so funny. They're like voluntary punching bags.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,143,674 times
I think the question begs. Why do some people insist on regulating another womans reproduction?
Ok as I have stated if it is a chronic issue then perhaps a sterilization procedure is in order. If a woman insists on pumping out kids she can't afford to pay for and the taxpayer keeps picking up the tab she has made it public business. In short a partnership. We will pay to educate, feed, cloth and care for these children. Some women just don't have the self esteem to see that they need to change their life styles.
As for abortions. If you don't like or believe in it don't have one. I don't like cars with those annoying can mufflers. Not my car, its annoying but oh well.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,074,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebunni221 View Post
Condoms and the pill are still abortion and should be illegal.

Sweet jesus!

So, I take it you think passing HIV/AIDS around is just fine and dandy like sugar candy?

Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
According to the mod that closed his other thread, "Women & Voting", he's being investigated

Trolls are so funny. They're like voluntary punching bags.

Maybe there should be an S&M forum, for both those who enjoy punching, and being punched, while contributing little to the discussion.

Last edited by burdell; 11-01-2008 at 10:43 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM

272 posts, read 483,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
Any man who thinks his opinion on this issue matters should be punched in the face.
If a man is committed to equal responsibility in raising a children I'll agree. According the US Census Bureau only 60% of men pay child support.

Last edited by technobarbie; 11-01-2008 at 11:44 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM

943 posts, read 777,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think the question begs. Why do some people insist on regulating another womans reproduction?

Because it involves more than just the women...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 PM

713 posts, read 1,859,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Yes. When the option to abort is not available and the pregnancy is neither intended nor accepted, that is a forced pregnancy.
No one is forced to have sex, unless they are raped. If a woman chooses to have sex, they choose to possibly get pregnant, right? Women DO have a choice...the choice not to engage in activities that can result in pregnancy. Yes, the urge for sex is very strong. But so is the urge to eat unhealthy foods, drive fast, etc. Some people feel a strong urge to steal, murder, etc, otherwise they wouldn't risk being put in prison. We seem to have unquestionably embraced the "if it feels good, do it, regardless of the inevitable consequences" philosophy.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

I'm perfectly happy with it as long as you will recognize it also with reference to the choice between having 3 and 20 children. Did you want to answer that question at some point?

The pill is very effective. Especially when paired with a condom... My point is that abortion is not a necessity in order to avoid having 20 children.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ok as I have stated if it is a chronic issue then perhaps a sterilization procedure is in order. If a woman insists on pumping out kids she can't afford to pay for and the taxpayer keeps picking up the tab she has made it public business. In short a partnership. We will pay to educate, feed, cloth and care for these children. Some women just don't have the self esteem to see that they need to change their life styles.
As for abortions. If you don't like or believe in it don't have one. I don't like cars with those annoying can mufflers. Not my car, its annoying but oh well.

Killing a potential child because of the economic burden on society or the mother is quite scary, immoral and selfish...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There is sex for procreation, and there is sex for pleasure. Unless you deny that premise (as many pro-lifers inherently do), then the prospects for experiencing an unintended and unaccepted pregnancy will run to just about 50-50 vis-a-vis the other kind.

Sex for pleasure is safe guarded by the pill, diaphram, and the condom. Womens reproduction rights are not being undermined. Just scraping potential child(fetus) out is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies