Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Is it really necessary for someone, anyone, to state the obvious? All real "hate groups" in the U.S. align, to one degree or another, with the Republican Party. KKK, skinheads, many others that are not household names. All of these groups are in the business of KILLING PEOPLE that they see as "not just like them"! All of these groups detest anything that they percieve of as change. Most use violent methods to resist change. There are NO such groups that align themselves with the Democratic Party! People will cite such groups as the ACLU as Democratic hate groups, but that is patently ridiculous! ACLU "hates" no one, and works to protect the civil liberties of ALL Americans!
I think you should look up the history of the KKK, there is a very well done documentary that has been on the history channel. The KKK was founded by GASP..... Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
Just because another Lib posted something inacurate you are going to triumph it!

David Duke has been a long time supporter of the Democrat party while he was the Grand Wizard of the Clan. He was The Democratic State Representative for Louisiana. He wants a position of power and has run for every office he could... when the Democratic ticket was already filled for a position he wanted, he ran as a Republican to try and get the seat! Do some research! (He ran as a Republican ONE time and did not make it!) How come if we are so racist?

The KKK has always voted Democrat and are on TV bragging about it! Republicans have fought for every freedom that both women and minorities have!

you can not forget the 1924 KLAN BAKE that was the Democratic national convention

"Klan delegates played a significant role at the path-setting 1924 Democratic National Convention in New York City, often called the "Klanbake Convention". The convention initially pitted Klan-backed candidate William Gibbs McAdoo against Catholic New York Governor Al Smith. After days of stalemates and rioting, both candidates withdrew in favor of a compromise. Klan delegates defeated a Democratic Party platform plank that would have condemned their organization."

Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
The KKK has always voted Democrat and are on TV bragging about it! Republicans have fought for every freedom that both women and minorities have!
What?

http://www.236.com/feed/2008/05/22/k...ort_o_6707.php

Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 PM

of course they voted for McCain this time around, where would they have voted if Hillary had the Democratic vote, and say Codalisa rice or Colin Powell had the Republican backing? They would have voted Democrat. They do not belong to a party, they belong to their own hatered against people that may be different from them.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:09 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Could someone please provide some insight as to why the Republican party seems to attract hate groups and racially insensitive groups of individuals. The recent arrest of Republican party skinheads who threatened the life of Obama as well as recent comments from John Murtha, referring to Western Pennsylvanians as "Redneck racists" seem to suggest that the Republican party and racism are synonymous. Also, neo-nazi, and KKK organizations are obviously voting Republican and voting the McCain/Palin ticket.

Am I off base here, or are my observation/opinions correct?

John Murtha is a Democrat. So I guess his comments seem to suggest that the Democratic Party and racism are synonymous.

Only republican that I can think of that was member of the KKK was David Duke. He was booted from the republican party once his affiliation with the KKK was discovered.

Unlike Robert Byrd. Also a former member of the KKK and the longest serving member in the United States Senate. Don't tell anyone but he is a Democrat.

Could someone please provide some insight as to why Democrats are always attempting to portray Republicans as racists? I'd really like to know.

Is it me or is the Democratic Party only attracting people that are mentally deficient?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:20 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
No Republican and racism are not synonymous.

If many hate groups happen to vote Republican, that doesn't make Republicans racists, it just means the Republican party is more appealing to racists.
I agree, it just seems to be a coincidence in the last 10 years especially. When Gore and Bush were doing the recount some of the groups went to Florida to intervene so Bush would win by default(by not doing the actual recount/letting it count).

Old 02-21-2009, 07:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
John Murtha is a Democrat. Only republican that I can think of that was member of the KKK was David Duke. He was booted from the republican party once his affiliation with the KKK was discovered.

Unlike Robert Byrd. Also a former member of the KKK and the longest serving member in the United States Senate. Don't tell anyone but he is a Democrat.

Could someone please provide some insight as to why Democrats are always attempting to portray Republicans as racists? I'd really like to know.
By convincing people that republicans are racist, it helps to ensure that many folks (both minorities and whites) would continue to vote democratic. After all, who would want to vote for a "racist" party? Or a party that's "for the rich"... etc. It takes the focus off the fact that the democratic party platform is mostly emotional rhetoric and devoid of actual solutions to the issues that our nation faces. They also want to take the focus off the fact that the democratic party was a racist party at one point in history and that the republicans actively fought against slavery and racism in the US.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
By convincing people that republicans are racist, it helps to ensure that many folks (both minorities and whites) would continue to vote democratic. After all, who would want to vote for a "racist" party? Or a party that's "for the rich"... etc. It takes the focus off the fact that the democratic party platform is mostly emotional rhetoric and devoid of actual solutions to the issues that our nation faces. They also want to take the focus off the fact that the democratic party was a racist party at one point in history and that the republicans actively fought against slavery and racism in the US.
I couldn't disagree more....

The Democratic Party is passing real legislation to solve real problems that carried over from the Dubya regime...

And trying to label the Democrats as racist is histerical!!! Did you see the crowd content at any of the Republican rallies this past election??? Pretty lilly - white!!! No diversity there at all!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post

The Democratic Party is passing real legislation to solve real problems that carried over from the Dubya regime...

And trying to label the Democrats as racist is histerical!!! Did you see the crowd content at any of the Republican rallies this past election??? Pretty lilly - white!!! No diversity there at all!!!
That's because the democrats have successfully convinced many folks that the republicans are racists. By the way, I know several republicans personally who do not fit the "lilly-white" description. Look up the history of your party and what side they were on during slavery and post slavery times. Since the democrats choose to focus so much on racism, etc, me thinks they are the ones with the issues of racism not the republicans.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post

Totally agree! That, and when Obama won you had alot of people including myself that had a new found respect for our country.We actually voted someone in based on who we preferred and race did not stop it from happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies