Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eathey View Post
You are a fool if you think all the hate and racism is on the republican side. Watch something besides CNN; read something besides the NY Times. For real you try to put it all on the other side but liberal supporters pull the same crap.

Plenty of hate on both sides of the aisle -even on this forum.

There is hate and racism everywhere. I go to school in Detroit, MI - dominated by liberals. McCain/Palin bashing is so dominant that if you are republican you can't even say it or you will be verbally mauled. I listen to it all day long, McCain this, Palin that, they are only for the whites, etc., including many things I can't say on this board.

This election has a lot of interests at stake, and you should expect that some people are going to be childish about it. If the guy next to you is flinging poo, prepare to duck or get covered in some when it gets tossed back. That's the way it goes. Change your tampon already.
Nobody is saying that all the racism is on the republican side. Racism is everywhere, and anybody is capable of being racist. I see that you are Republican, but you can't deny the fact that the racists on the republican side take it to an extreme. Go on youtube and watch some of the videos interviewing some Republicans and some of Mccain/Palin rallies, and you will see why the republican side get the racist/prejudice title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
That's pretty much it. During the Civil War and up until Teddy Roosevelt, the Dems were the "white man's party" and were centered in the South. The republicans were the Abolitionists and the party was founded in opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act.

Democrats did not regain favor of liberal thinkers again until FDR. At that point, and due in large part to the fiscal disaster brought on by 12 years of Republican rules after WW1, populism went Dem and Civil Rights was tucked into the package. That's when the Dixiecrats jumped ship as the PP mentioned.

The remnants of racism still persist in the white man's party. I like to think its slow decay is a sign that man is evolving. However there still is the ongoing solicitation to that voting block. "Welfare queens" is a thinly veiled substitute for the old N word.

Good point. We can't forget that Hilary pulled the 'race card' at the very end of her campaign. Politics is ugly like all of us get when fighting. But America is very angry & there have been literal fights. I don't condone violence but passive retaliation occurs [dog poop on car handles ] Some report seeing McCain posters in California but I have yet to see anything GOP in LA\Pasadena area. Local Republicans never use party affiliation for fear of total ostracism & I'm referring to politicians. 2 Democrats are fighting over a city council position [the worst criticism is having any association with Republicans - believe it or not! It's like dead meat the Republican party [latest poll puts Obama 22 points ahead of McCain in California

Old 11-01-2008, 01:09 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
When David Duke ran for political office he was elected in a heavily Democratic party district. Louisiana state and local politics have been run by the Democratic party for more than 100 years. There are people I know who are diehard Democrats who've vowed not to vote for Obama because of the color of his skin. The first time Jindal ran for governor he lost because of the color of his skin. The news would interview people in different areas of the state and they'd find some people who said they had a hard time deciding between the woman or the dark skin. They were Democrats. Jindal won this time because of hurricane Katrina which showed how unqualified our former governor was so they decided to give him a chance. If he runs for President, I pity whomever is against him in a debate. This guy is a genius.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:15 AM

106 posts, read 184,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You are learning quickly that Americans reject all that the Republican party stands for. It is best to remain quiet & listen to what the people are saying. We don't hate McCain or Palin. We hate ignorance & intolerance & corruption & lies. We hate what our nation has become under the failure of Republicanism. Wise up, bud or be left behind.
Americans? Do you think about what you say before you say it or does it just kinda fall out of you? Republicans are not to blame for this country's problems.

Liberals seem to think they won in the Clinton era, let me tell you something. We think we had our budget under control, why then, did Clinton take more money from SSI than any President in history? This was a trend started by fellow lefty Jimmy Carter. Carter was also responsible for the highest misery index in our nation's history btw.

Liberals also think they won during Bush's term. Many think the war is a big part of it. Well, we wanted to go to war. We were violated, and we wanted someone to pay. It shows in Bush's approval ratings in the time the war was declared. Intel dropped the ball on the WMD's, but think about it, you know the implications, even if the intel is shoddy, if there is a CHANCE that you've pinned them, what are you going to do?

I'm going to start a thread, because I have too much to say about this. America is a victim of globalization. Think about it, its getting easier to move operations to places where workers will take $1 a day and don't need benefits. Housing collapse, you guys have a stake in the blame. Dems were against regulation of the mortgage lending companies. That disaster could have been averted. What are you watching? CNN?

Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
When David Duke ran for political office he was elected in a heavily Democratic party district. Louisiana state and local politics have been run by the Democratic party for more than 100 years. There are people I know who are diehard Democrats who've vowed not to vote for Obama because of the color of his skin. The first time Jindal ran for governor he lost because of the color of his skin. The news would interview people in different areas of the state and they'd find some people who said they had a hard time deciding between the woman or the dark skin. They were Democrats. Jindal won this time because of hurricane Katrina which showed how unqualified our former governor was so they decided to give him a chance. If he runs for President, I pity whomever is against him in a debate. This guy is a genius.
I understand that Jindal is an up & coming person of interest in the GOP. But he is considered too conservative anymore. Republicans are going to move to the Left\ Libertarian or go into solo orbit for a long time!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eathey View Post
Americans? Do you think about what you say before you say it or does it just kinda fall out of you? Republicans are not to blame for this country's problems.

Liberals seem to think they won in the Clinton era, let me tell you something. We think we had our budget under control, why then, did Clinton take more money from SSI than any President in history? This was a trend started by fellow lefty Jimmy Carter. Carter was also responsible for the highest misery index in our nation's history btw.

Liberals also think they won during Bush's term. Many think the war is a big part of it. Well, we wanted to go to war. We were violated, and we wanted someone to pay. It shows in Bush's approval ratings in the time the war was declared. Intel dropped the ball on the WMD's, but think about it, you know the implications, even if the intel is shoddy, if there is a CHANCE that you've pinned them, what are you going to do?

I'm going to start a thread, because I have too much to say about this. America is a victim of globalization. Think about it, its getting easier to move operations to places where workers will take $1 a day and don't need benefits. Housing collapse, you guys have a stake in the blame. Dems were against regulation of the mortgage lending companies. That disaster could have been averted. What are you watching? CNN?
Sorry bud, but we don't have the luxury of comparing presidency of Clinton to Bush [believe me, you don't want to go there anymore - it has lost any pertinence in today's dreadful depression plus having to finish the fool's 2 wars that have drained American dry of treasure & blood

We must stay in the present & solve our nation's huge problems thanks to your President Bush

Old 11-01-2008, 01:35 AM

106 posts, read 184,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Sorry bud, but we don't have the luxury of comparing presidency of Clinton to Bush [believe me, you don't want to go there anymore - it has lost any pertinence in today's dreadful depression plus having to finish the fool's 2 wars that have drained American dry of treasure & blood

We must stay in the present & solve our nation's huge problems thanks to your President Bush
You are living under a rock. For real, to say that it's all on Bush. You don't think that regulation of the mortgage lenders would have averted the mortgage crisis?

You don't think that relocating operations and outsourcing has ANYTHING to do with our problems?

Old 11-01-2008, 01:36 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
happ, actually, among Conservative voters, the reason for the more upbeat attitude towards McCain is because he choose a Conservative for his Vice President running mate. If the Republican party politicians would stick with core values of conservatives then they'd get more votes than they do now.

I agree we shouldn't compare Bush to Clinton but not for the reasons you listed. We're in this war because of Clinton's inaction towards the terrorist attacks against this country during his administration. His inaction enboldened the terrorist and made them believe America truly was a paper tiger. The current economy, while bad, is no where near what it was during the Carter years. We can thank Barney Frank and Dodd for much of what's going on with the mortgage problems (Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac) in that they prevented action to stop what ultimately happened. I believe it was Clinton and congressional democrats who enacted legislation to force these lending institutions to hand out home loans to people whose credit rating would have been below their standards. Had that not been enacted then the bankers and lending institutions would have continued to deny loans to people who couldn't afford them. Also, people like to point to Enron as Bush's fault. I won't say it was Clinton's fault but his administration did use strong arm tactics with foreign governments to try to get them to do business with Enron.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:32 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Yeah, but I don't see or hear about anybody from the democrat side threatening or making attempts to kill Mccain or Palin.
Check out this LA Times story...

Authorities investigate Sarah Palin effigy in West Hollywood - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-01-2008, 06:15 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Historically they have been very anti civil rights, at one point composed of the traditional WASP and they were male. I don't remotely understand gay republicans... they have been horrid on gay rights yet some still hold to them. I think the abortion and supposed family value issues , religious conservatism is the attraction to women but her again they don't support womens issues. About the only group they support are the corprocrats. so if you are a business owner, making more than $500,000, are white, male and protestant then its a perfect group for you as it will support your values.

Last edited by AONE; 11-01-2008 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: sp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies