Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Because I do not support your position you deem it blathering, how ignorant of you.
Less than 6% percent of the u.s. population is homosexual yet they mandate to the remaining 94% of society what we can and can not have as an opinion on matters of marriage , what is exposed to our children in public schools without our permission or knowledge, all to force your viewpoint and lifestyle.
Any one who does not accept the homosexual way of life is labled "homophobic". The bible is twisted so that it is wrong and the homosexual is right in terms of lifestyle and morals. Those that believe (an overwheming majority of the country) that marriage is ONLY between a man and a woman are denying homosexuals "civil rights" (now's the time to roll eyes).
The constant barrage in all media form that to hold true to a society that believes any different from the homosexual is inherently evil , bad, or ignorant.
This is the campaign to influence, to berate , and implement your lifestyle and choice upon everyone who sees the world different from you.

Now in my original post I plainly stated that some hold a more "liberal" viewpoint than myself but I never accused anyone of blathering, or made any other asinine statement towards any group or indivisual.

Your retort just furthers what I stated above, anyone not goose stepping to your viewpoint must be berated or insulted.

I won't put silly faces on this reply because I don't feel the need to be insulting towards you.
So I ask what lifestyle we have, and what consequences our existence has on the rest of the population and basically all I got from you is "blah blah blah, you guys are mean to me, blah blah blah, we should be able to take rights away from others whenever we feel like it, blah blah blah". That about sum it up? And here is a nice face for yah. You people expect us to be oh so polite to you when you desire nothing more than forget we even exist, and to deny us our own families and family protections? Are you for real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
It's ok to teach kids how to be perverts, but it's not ok to have them say the pledge of allegiance. Unbelievable.
Pledging loyalty to a piece of cloth actually is a perversion. Men having sex with other men isn't. (Nor is women with women.)

Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
So I ask what lifestyle we have, and what consequences our existence has on the rest of the population and basically all I got from you is "blah blah blah, you guys are mean to me, blah blah blah, we should be able to take rights away from others whenever we feel like it, blah blah blah". That about sum it up? And here is a nice face for yah. You people expect us to be oh so polite to you when you desire nothing more than forget we even exist, and to deny us our own families and family protections? Are you for real?
Acknowledging your presence is no more important to me than how much the dog next door pooped in his yard. The fact is the dog pooped in his own yard, he didn't come into my yard poop in it and then demand that I not refuse his right to poop where ever he wants to.
I never said anything about denying you a family, but for those who face reality, your selfish choice of life style would prevent you from procreating anyway, but again because you expect the world to cater to your choice you utilize artificial means to satisfy your own desires, the thoughts of the child be damned.
You don't need to be nice to me, maybe just as cordial as I have been to you in the replies I have posted.
As I stated originally I am receptive to civil unions in order to address the issues of property and other issues that may become problematic for those not recognized as having legal rights. But, as usual even this is not enough to satisfy people such as yourself.
Like a petulant little child sitting in a pissy diaper, stinking; you scream at everyone else because they don't want to pick you up and cuddle with you.
It's not our fault you stink and it's not our fault you live the life you choose.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Acknowledging your presence is no more important to me than how much the dog next door pooped in his yard. The fact is the dog pooped in his own yard, he didn't come into my yard poop in it and then demand that I not refuse his right to poop where ever he wants to.
I never said anything about denying you a family, but for those who face reality, your selfish choice of life style would prevent you from procreating anyway, but again because you expect the world to cater to your choice you utilize artificial means to satisfy your own desires, the thoughts of the child be damned.
You don't need to be nice to me, maybe just as cordial as I have been to you in the replies I have posted.
As I stated originally I am receptive to civil unions in order to address the issues of property and other issues that may become problematic for those not recognized as having legal rights. But, as usual even this is not enough to satisfy people such as yourself.
Like a petulant little child sitting in a pissy diaper, stinking; you scream at everyone else because they don't want to pick you up and cuddle with you.
It's not our fault you stink and it's not our fault you live the life you choose.
Your bigotry reveals itself in force. Ha. "Your selfish lifestyle", "artificial desires", "the life you chose". Haha We make you feel icky so you don't wanna recognize us as humans, basic and equal to you in every way. I am so glad that people like you are slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Where did you come from? What diasater created such hatred? You are dangeous, by friend!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Actually new science indicates that there are some biologically determined factors considering sexual orientation. For example a group of "girls" (they were born "female", but were genetically male, but looked female prior to puburty. The reason is due to 5-alpha-reductase, thus the inability to synthesize testosterone from DHT.) were raised as girls. They recieved estrogen shots and were not told the truth. The majority became lesbian. Identical twin studies indicate a HIGH coincidence of homosexuality (if one sibling is homosexual, there is a high likelyhood that the other will be too). This correlation is higher than normal siblings, and is stronger than random chance. There is also a high incidence of younger brothers becoming gay. This is due to increases progesterone after subsequent pregnancies. Bonobos, dolphins, and other mammals exhibit homosexual behavior.

However, there is a choice aspect to it as well. Meaning that since not all there is not a 100% correlation between identical twins and homosexuality (there are some identical twins that have one homosexual sibling and the other being heterosexual). So it seems, currently, to be a combination. A spectrum if you will. There are some who are 100% biologically determined to be homosexual. There seems to be others that it is 100% choice. Either way, if they lead healthy lives I really don't care.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
I'll answer two responses with one reply, first where do you see hate in my reply? You don't and can't point to one hateful word. As I stressed before, if anyone doesn't come here fawning over your choices than we are the hateful ones.
In your reality only your lifestyle has validity, there's no room for any difference of opinion whether that opinion affects you as an individual or as a group. So now where's the real hate coming from? yeah I know you can't admit it.
I say I have no problem with civil unions although I don't agree with your lifestyle choice. What the "reasonable" person says is "hey look, we live in a world where everyone doesn't share or beliefs, but they are willing to live and let live". So let's go on with our life. How do you react? I'm sure you have seen the old horror film "Invasion of the body snatchers" in that movie when they recognize someone not like them they start up with this horrible screeching so that their counterparts can start the assimilation process. Well that's exactly what you are doing, I don't agree with you, you start with the hate, homophobia, you want to take our life, etc, etc.
At every reply to me you have slowly introduced elements that I never mentioned or gave an opinion on
It's sort of telling in your posts that you show this need to be acknowledged and accepted by everyone. Quick reality check for you, it's not going to happen. Not only because of your lifestyle but because you are male, female, black, white, fat, slim etc. You want this society to love you with open arms unconditionally, well that won't happen when you refuse to allow others to have their own opinion.
Back to the original point that got you in a tizzy, I stated that no matter whether the subject was of a HETERO OR HOMOSEXUAL nature I did not want it taught to my children without my knowledge or permission. But the issue with you isn't the impropriety of exposing children to issues the parent should be dealing with to you the only issue you have a problem with is where it concerns ONLY your lifestyle and not the heterosexual issue I mentioned as well.
Again with your selfishness, advance the agenda no matter what.
Listen I'm going to end this because we can go back and forth untill Jesus returns. The bottom line for me is that I don't care how you choose to live, I really don't. My contention is that you attempt to force your beliefs on me and don't leave me the choice to say let's agree to disagree. No, now I've got to be labled "hateful" and every other lable you wish to attach.
If you check my history of posts you will see that I don't involve myself with the "homosexual" threads, I don't do this because people such as yourself can not be involved in civil discourse if it dosen't share your opinion.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I'll answer two responses with one reply, first where do you see hate in my reply? You don't and can't point to one hateful word. As I stressed before, if anyone doesn't come here fawning over your choices than we are the hateful ones.
In your reality only your lifestyle has validity, there's no room for any difference of opinion whether that opinion affects you as an individual or as a group. So now where's the real hate coming from? yeah I know you can't admit it.
I say I have no problem with civil unions although I don't agree with your lifestyle choice. What the "reasonable" person says is "hey look, we live in a world where everyone doesn't share or beliefs, but they are willing to live and let live". So let's go on with our life. How do you react? I'm sure you have seen the old horror film "Invasion of the body snatchers" in that movie when they recognize someone not like them they start up with this horrible screeching so that their counterparts can start the assimilation process. Well that's exactly what you are doing, I don't agree with you, you start with the hate, homophobia, you want to take our life, etc, etc.
At every reply to me you have slowly introduced elements that I never mentioned or gave an opinion on
It's sort of telling in your posts that you show this need to be acknowledged and accepted by everyone. Quick reality check for you, it's not going to happen. Not only because of your lifestyle but because you are male, female, black, white, fat, slim etc. You want this society to love you with open arms unconditionally, well that won't happen when you refuse to allow others to have their own opinion.
Back to the original point that got you in a tizzy, I stated that no matter whether the subject was of a HETERO OR HOMOSEXUAL nature I did not want it taught to my children without my knowledge or permission. But the issue with you isn't the impropriety of exposing children to issues the parent should be dealing with to you the only issue you have a problem with is where it concerns ONLY your lifestyle and not the heterosexual issue I mentioned as well.
Again with your selfishness, advance the agenda no matter what.
Listen I'm going to end this because we can go back and forth untill Jesus returns. The bottom line for me is that I don't care how you choose to live, I really don't. My contention is that you attempt to force your beliefs on me and don't leave me the choice to say let's agree to disagree. No, now I've got to be labled "hateful" and every other lable you wish to attach.
If you check my history of posts you will see that I don't involve myself with the "homosexual" threads, I don't do this because people such as yourself can not be involved in civil discourse if it dosen't share your opinion.
Nope, just don't like people like you telling me whom I can and can't marry while you mask you're "distaste" with the gay community with your own false sense of "logic".

Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
They should give up... Kalifornia is the ultimate liberal failure, just like my state of NY with a projected 2010 deficit of 47 billion, liberals dig their own graves.
Have you checked on our national deficit recently? Under a conservative repulican administration?

Quote:
National Debt Graph: Bush Sets 50-Year Record
U.S. National Debt: 53-Yr High

Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Where did you come from? What diasater created such hatred? You are dangeous, by friend!
I second this. Hateful. And I am straight and have no dog in this fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies