Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Isis, is that you?
It was your blowup doll?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM

532 posts, read 908,698 times
So why do women make so much less than men for the doing the same jobs? Because we're too stupid to quit?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
It was your blowup doll?!!!

So what happened, you seem to be the resident expert, you bit it and it flew out the window?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:05 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Grrrr the race card again. It seems a lot of folks out there WANT this to be the pivotal issue in this election. Are there some agendas being pushed here?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
So what happened, you seem to be the resident expert, you bit it and it flew out the window?
I don't why you would want to share those things. But hey, I am not going to judge. That's between you two.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
So why do women make so much less than men for the doing the same jobs? Because we're too stupid to quit?
Hmmmm, my wife is a senior accountant she makes as much an anyone in her company. It COULD be because of her education and she doesn't play the wacky hormone card.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
I don't why you would want to share those things. But hey, I am not going to judge. That's between you two.
As I said, you seem to be the resident expert, YOU brought it up, I'm sorry your inflatable boy left you.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 AM

259 posts, read 158,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post

you can choose to work for people of decent morals

take the Presidential candidates for example

Mccain pays women the same as men who work for him doing the same job

Obama pays women an average of 60-80 cents on the dollar for doing the same job for him as he pays a man to do .

dont work for the bad apples , make their names known.
push for legislation to correct the issue

look , I am not saying that all is warm and fuzzy , andeveryone is treated fairly by everyone else.
We do need to correct those problems that do exist.
but to claim racism / sexism is more a sin for one race than another is wrong.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po the Patriot View Post
you can choose to work for people of decent morals

take the Presidential candidates for example

Mccain pays women the same as men who work for him doing the same job

Obama pays women an average of 60-80 cents on the dollar for doing the same job for him as he pays a man to do .
Wow, can you back that up Po? THAT is huge.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 AM

5 posts, read 12,533 times
Default Why let me tell you why?

I know that a lot of southerners would not want to vote for a black man just because he is black and I understand if you were southern you would understand too the people where I am from 70% of them are so ignorant that they say things like "I am afraid of him because if he wins the election the blacks will take over."
Take over what? Is that suppose to mean that when there is a white president that the whites rule the united states, hhhmmmm maybe huh?
Anyway it just goes to show you that a black man can graduate from the most well respected college in the USA and then go on to Get a juris doctorate from the Most celebrated educational institution in the entire world and yet still is considered by whites to be less than a man.
For the love of GOD man he graduated at the top of his class the most well educated presidential candidate in the history of the United states of America.
Out of 399 graduates in the naval air academy John McCain graduated 394 in his class. All Ds'
CNN here in Atlanta did a study of the 2 canidates plan for financial independance for our nation over the next 10 years the OBAMA plan will cost 5 trillion dollars to get us back to prosperity the John McClain plan will cost us 11 TRILLION DOLLARS.
John McCain said on the trail the other day that daycare does not work and he would cut out federal daycare programs because they dont help children learn. Where does this leave your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies