Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I don't ever want to hear about Obama or Palin or McCain or William Ayers again. But I guess I won't get my wish. And what's the point of extending these things a full year now--can anyone explain why that's necessary?
Yes myself as well, they all seem to have great lip service of promises; and now shortly we'll see who will need to prove to the American ppl giving us action of their lip service....politicans in general say what the American ppl want to hear, and do the total opposite..Let's see if he can change my mind..and millions of other Americans..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Just two more days, then it'll die down finally.
And then the 2012 election will start.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 PM

117 posts, read 167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
And then the 2012 election will start.
It won't die down, imo. In fact, it'll be just as bad. Controversy... just like after last election. No matter who wins.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Up for a civil war then? lol

It is a bit ridiculous how dragged out and consequently expensive our elections are in this country.
Not a Civil War, a Revolution. But yeah I too am so sick of this election, and just think its only the beginning, after its over we have to hear and listen to the crap for 4 years from the winner, and their cronies.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I don't ever want to hear about Obama or Palin or McCain or William Ayers again. But I guess I won't get my wish. And what's the point of extending these things a full year now--can anyone explain why that's necessary?
I heard a political reporter say that the first event he attended was in Nov. 2006 for Obama announcing his run.. it's actually been 2 years... grrr....

Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Thank you for making my point even more - I don't hate you for your beliefs. I may disagree with you, even vehemently, but I respect your right to your opinion and while I may think you're wrong about something, there is no "hate".

Your statement above about "keep hating conservatives" is exactly what's wrong with the "left" (Democrats, liberals - whatever label you feel fits best). There's so much hate and divisiveness coming from that side, despite their lip service to "reaching across the aisle" or "working together to solve problems". With most, it's their way or the highway. Their position is right and absolute, and if you have a different opinion, you're ignorant, a redneck, uneducated...
I never said I wanted to reach across the aisle or work together with anyone who had different political opinions. As a whole, I hate Republicans but in my every day life...I'm not going to stop talking to someone JUST because they're a Republican (okay...most of the time I won't). I try to judge people on an individual basis BUT in my broad every day scope of thinking...I hate Republicans. My hate is based off the hatred they have for me and though it's not the most intelligent way to deal with hate...it's the way I deal with it for now.

There are some liberals who want to work with those who disagree but I wouldn't count myself with them in a heartbeat.

There is hate on both sides. If you're liberal you're automatically a "baby killer" ::eye roll::, a "*** enabler," and an atheist, as if that's such a horrible thing...but whatever.

Hate is all around us and rather than put on my blinders and pretend it's not there, I acknowledge it and deal with it. We won't ever come together.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
I have to agree with the OP. This whole election shenanigans is wearing me out.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:43 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
I can honestly say, I am at the point that I don't even care anymore.

I just can't wait to be able to turn on my phone and television without being attacked by the lies of all these politicians.

Don't even get me started on the obscene amount of $$ being spent. It turns my stomach.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 AM

973 posts, read 2,228,811 times
For swagger & LiveTodayLez08..
Now trying being a fiscally and nationally conserative, yet socially liberal centrist Independent.. where you have liberal Democrats calling you racist conservative Republican for actually wanting to do something about illegal immigration and heavily reducing the role and spending of government, and conservative Republicans calling you a liberal Democrat baby killer for supporting people's rights for abortion-choice, gay marriage, easier LEGAL immigration, and true separation of church and state.

Many Independents take far worse during the election times, since we automatically get harpooned with the enemy from both Democrats and Republicans for disagreeing on just a few issues.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Funny how things work. If McCain wins, the peaceful liberals will likely riot. If Obama wins, the vile republicans will work towards getting congress back.

I hope they do riot its about time for another civil war dont you think. Conservatives vs liberals what do you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies