Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

I hate the time change...it screws my entire system up for weeks...especially in the spring when they change it back to daylight savings time. It really makes a lot of people tired....

Years ago, it was changed so that the farmers had daylight and could work in the fields longer

and then

there was a cost effectiveness many years ago with electric

but now there is no reason to change it? Why don't they make life easier on everyone and let it on daylight savings time? It's stupid and doesn't make any sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 03:22 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
I like being able to wake up to sunlight! Let's leave it on Standard time!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,463,266 times
There have actually been near-wars and near-riots over daylight savings time. It's been a very contentious and divisive issue...the Hatfields's and McCoy's type stuff. Weird but interesting history...

Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times
Lets just set the clocks forward 30 minutes and be done with it.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Lets just set the clocks forward 30 minutes and be done with it.

Whatever, but this changing it back and forth is so senseless and primative, I cannot believe our country still participlates?????? Arizona gets along fine without it...when are we going to come out of the dark ages?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,262 times
I would be all for leaving it at DST year round. However, not changing when (just about) all the other states do is an economic handicap. National companies are reluctant to move to such a state because it costs them a lot of money and confusion by never being in sync with the rest of the country. DST is supposed to be better for energy and commerce, then why not just leave it there and be done with it?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I would be all for leaving it at DST year round. However, not changing when (just about) all the other states do is an economic handicap. National companies are reluctant to move to such a state because it costs them a lot of money and confusion by never being in sync with the rest of the country. DST is supposed to be better for energy and commerce, then why not just leave it there and be done with it?
wull yeah, the rest of the country should join in....of course...
it was originally good in it's time and had a very effective pupose, but Gosh, there is no reason to continue with it today, and do you know, in the spring, when they turn the clocks back, it is proven that it does cause more heart attacks. I think they should leave it on DST as well...

Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
No matter what it is, someone will post a rant about it. Want some cheese with that wine?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull yeah, the rest of the country should join in....of course...
it was originally good in it's time and had a very effective pupose, but Gosh, there is no reason to continue with it today, and do you know, in the spring, when they turn the clocks back, it is proven that it does cause more heart attacks. I think they should leave it on DST as well...

I think you meant in the spring when they turn the clocks ahead (not back). But I wouldn't put too much into that heart attack issue since there are also less on the monday after turning them back. I believe it's an issue of more or less sleep time.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,433,597 times
I wish they would just leave the time alone... is there ANYTHING we don't have to mess with?

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies