Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,094 times

Advertisements

You're not exactly bringing us together either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:05 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,902,907 times
Yeah, what rybert said.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,803 times
Why not give Obama a chance? He's not even in office yet, and righties on this list are crucifying him.

From what I've seen, the man is smart, a good family man, and wants to lead his country to a higher level ethically and morally.

Can you say this about George Bush?

Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Why not give Obama a chance? He's not even in office yet, and righties on this list are crucifying him.

From what I've seen, the man is smart, a good family man, and wants to lead his country to a higher level ethically and morally.

Can you say this about George Bush?

Actually I think the Mods have been pretty lenient allowing these type {political} threads to not be removed, as this is not a Politics Forum.

Inflamatory words such as righties or lefties are not unifiying words in my humble opinion.

I have noticed: the 'lefties' {is that the right term? } actually began the post-election threads, in This forum. They've seemed to have been done some what in happiness but yet, I've sensed an aire of "gloating" too. Not nice.

Doesn't belong here, not with those aires, belongs over in politics imho.

It's been a long hard road for ALL of us. Yes 1 day has passed now; let's cut *everyone* some slack and GIVE IT SOME TIME to Settle in, for both *Sides*.

To expect instantaneous peace & acceptance isn't rational.

Bush was *Already* GONE. I don't see where he fits into the conversation and haven't the entire time, for this election.
I Do see where he was used simply as a hammer to continue to divide.

Allow folks to absorb the change....heck we've got till January 20th to go yet! {hmmm, I wonder if that's why they give 'us' 3 month to adjust to the new ideas }

Even after the 20th, it's Sill a long hard road.

It's a Done deal now.

I don't Trust, *Any* Politician, and I'll continue to watch "my back".

And, I appologize for my Richardson thread!

Now, I return you to....the New Mexico forum............

Peace Out.

Tia Dalma

Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,814 times
tecpatl, as usual, I enjoy your thoughtful takes on these volatile and emotionally charged issues. You will likely never convince the rabid righties to give this new paradigm a chance. Obama is set the task of addressing a wide plethora of staggering problems left to him by the most irresponsible administration in American history. The very fact that he wants the job is remarkable! I wouldn't want the presidency for twice Bill Gates' assets! Couple grappling with this many headed dragon while defending from an implacable and embittered right-wing block that will take every opportunity to scuttle his efforts at every conceivable turn and this may prove to be the most daunting presidency in recent history. To hear the O'Reilly's, Hannity's, Limpballs, et al, ad nauseum, screaming invective, venting spleen, mindlessly ranting, spluttering lies and threatening the sky will surely fall while mongering their twisted bigotry and hatred is so disturbing it's become comical So like the headless doomed chickens skittering about the proverbial barnyard I'm left in amazement that such dregs have a voice and an avid following in the early twenty first century. Go Obama GO!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Just one more gloat:

Here is a copy of what was offered in FreeCycle Houston/Montrose/Heights:

I wasn't interested. lol

Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,322 times
{LOL} "There you go again" rybert, it's pirate tortures for You!

Tia Dalma

Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM

Seriously though.

I'm energized about getting this country moving again.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,902,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
... rabid righties ... most irresponsible administration in American history. ... O'Reilly's, Hannity's, Limpballs, et al, ad nauseum, screaming invective, venting spleen, mindlessly ranting, spluttering lies and threatening the sky will surely fall while mongering their twisted bigotry and hatred is so disturbing it's become comical So like the headless doomed chickens skittering about the proverbial barnyard I'm left in amazement that such dregs have a voice and an avid following in the early twenty first century...
I guess you are trying to get this thread shut down, now aren't you.

You are being pretty rude.

You know, conservatives love our babies (and our country) too. Just because you and I (and many others) disagree on the best way to run the country does not give you license to spew your own vitriol.

Since you are getting so politicial I will toss in my own before the thread gets locked -

Bobby Jindal 2012!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
We all are different people and have alot of different opinions on how the country should be run and who should run it.
That's life, we cannot all think the same way.
I'm not a fan of either side but I listen to both sides of the story. The more the government is involved, the more screwed up our country will become. I say, less government but again that's my opinion.
A concern of ours now (whether we all agree on anything else or not) should be whether or not Obama is going to get our troops back here to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies