Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 AM

16,992 posts, read 16,211,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
If by this you mean to say that now we can all share in the wealth, all get medical help when needed, all are now looking to much briter future. And most of all, seeing peace on the horizon and our kids coming home safe and sound. Then YES ! Thank you for the complement, especially when comparing it to the last 8 years with the morons we were all stuck with.
Share the wealth, huh?

Why should the "rich guy" bust his tail to give you a "tax cut" check? You think the "rich guy" is that dumb? He'll either figure out a way to earn less (and collect his own "tax cut" check) or he'll take his business to another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:24 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,205,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When you invade/occupy a country that had NOTHING to do with the attack on your country.
Well, you're wrong on this point. If that were true, why did we invade contries in WWII that had not attacked us?

It's called "strategy". Iraq was a strategic objective in the war on terror.

I'm glad you aren't responsible for developing a war plan, we would have never won WWII, and there would certainly be no hope in winning a war on terror.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:26 AM

703 posts, read 852,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you're wrong on this point. If that were true, why did we invade contries in WWII that had not attacked us?

I'm glad you aren't responsible for developing a war plan, we would have never won WWII, and there would certainly be no hope in winning a war on terror.
Umm, imma guess...cos we had ALLIES?

You people have ruined all our allies.

We're gonna get them back, by acting like rational human beings.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,205,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Share the wealth, huh?

Why should the "rich guy" bust his tail to give you a "tax cut" check? You think the "rich guy" is that dumb? He'll either figure out a way to earn less (and collect his own "tax cut" check) or he'll take his business to another country.
A lot of business will be leaving the country, as the U.S. already has the highest Capital Gains rate in the world, and Obama has promised to raise it.

Also, look for downsizing and huge job layoffs, as companies work to reduce their costs.

This is not going to be the victory that these idiots that voted for this guy think it's going to be. He is going to do exactly what he said he was going to do. And we are going to be more bankrupt than we are already.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM

43 posts, read 97,586 times
Quote:
Now you know it feels like when all you idiots crying now voted Bush in twice. Go floss yourselves.
I didn't vote for Bush or Barak. I usually pick whoever has better policies. And I sure would've liked to see the child tax credit rise from $3,500 to $7,000. But too late for that! Oh well!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,768,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreAristotle View Post
Republicans don't go down without a fight. McCain may have conceded but everyone is waiting for the slip up
That is so mean You sound like you want the new President to fail! Who gets hurt if he does? We all do. Stop being a sore loser.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:

I'm glad that you and the people you support will not be making the decisions after Jan 20.

You send your own countrymen, happily, to die for a war that was never needed nor justified.

All it did was cause us to take our eye off the ball in Afghanistan and tick the world off at us.

And we see how that worked out.

I wonder, if, since McCain told us he knows "how to get Bin Laden" if he will share that "info" with the new administration.

Oh wait. I forgot that this claim has to be true first. Liar John, you're a liar. You told Americans you could get Bin laden, for votes. If you know how to get him John, why aren't you telling us? Liar.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM

16,992 posts, read 16,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Into the stars View Post
I didn't vote for Bush or Barak. I usually pick whoever has better policies. And I sure would've liked to see the child tax credit rise from $3,500 to $7,000. But too late for that! Oh well!
Yes, now that would have been helpful to our country. No child tax credit now .

Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
A lot of business will be leaving the country, as the U.S. already has the highest Capital Gains rate in the world.
Maybe because they actually never end up paying hardly any taxes due to loopholes like offshore accounts.

You can't rob us and then call us robbers.

Wake up.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Quote:
Because unlike the 9/11 attacks whcih were NOT made by a nation/state, the countries we invaded in WW II either attacked us or were allied with one that did.

Quote:
I call it misleadership and utter FAILURE to go after the real enemy.

Quote:
And YOU would've done what? Watched the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor and suggest we invade Mexico in retaliation?

Last edited by burdell; 11-05-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies