Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Why don't the courts simply overrule the will of the people of California as they did with Proposition 187 in 1994?

Oh, wait...sorry. What am I thinking?

Non-citizen illegal aliens have more rights in this country than its own lesbian and gay citizens.
To the 10th power. If you think about the number of Illegal Hispanics that reside in the US and their influence on the legal Hispanic voters they know or are parents of, well I think that would have been more than enough to counter the number to keep it from passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Prop 8 was a good thing... Gay marriage is wrong. What will you gays strive for next??? The first gay president? There's always a slippery slope.
We have ALREADY had a gay President..........James Buchanan! Read your history!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 PM

175 posts, read 439,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I'm not trying to justify anything. Don't assume I'm just talking about myself or anything I might or might not have done, of which you have no knowledge. I'm just telling you. I'm definitely not in the mood to try to say anything gingerly today. I'm sick of all this.
Yes you are trying to justify your actions.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbomb82 View Post
Really? What might those be?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbomb82 View Post
I'm still waiting to find out what actions you know I'm justifying.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Domestic partnership in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Do you have a website I can visit where I can see that?
I'm not trying to pick on you or anything but I am just interested.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
And IT PASSED!

...YES!....

Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 PM

175 posts, read 439,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I'm still waiting to find out what actions you know I'm justifying.
Well- it's really simple. When someone gives his or her opinion that they do not like gay marriage, you immediately attack them in a very illogical way. Anyone that opposes is some kind of bigot, close-minded, idiot that probably has some type of sexual problem. And that is your armor to remain defensive.

I, as well as many others, are just giving their opinion without coming across in an attacking in prideful way. It's called opinions. And you, are very much entitled to your own without having an attitude.

If you knew what you were doing was right, you would get all angry, emotional, and defensive about this issue.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Someone believes that marriage is 1 man and 1 woman and they're "gay bashers"?

Precisely. It is self explanatory. Preventing a certain part of the population of having the same rights as the rest of the population is discrimination. b: prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment.

If you discriminate against a certain group of people, than you are a bigot by definition.
bigot

Function:
noun Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot Date: 1660 : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Precisely. It is self explanatory. Preventing a certain part of the population of having the same rights as the rest of the population is discrimination. b: prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment.

If you discriminate against a certain group of people, than you are a bigot by definition.
bigot

Function:
noun Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot Date: 1660 : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.
So by your definition a polygymist can call anyone who wants to outlaw multiple partners a Bigot, a NAMBLA member can tar any opponent as prejudiced and the FDLS types can call all who disapprove intolererant?

The action of defining difference and making choices based on those differences does not make one a bigot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies